Sponsored

Current Build Week 12/8/14 Tracking Thread

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I can't believe most of you haven't gotten your cars. I was mad at how long mine took but I see I was lucky.
No doubt. Mine was ordered 5 days before yours and I'm still waiting.

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Congrats man. I know it feels good. post pics please
Thanks man. It feels real good even tho I had to pic her up in the rain. I would but I can't figure out how to post pics here on the forum.

ZachR

That Auto Design Student
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 14 V6, 08 Sky, 93 TT
I am still waiting on my car. The EDD of 01/02 has passed with no sign of it showing up. COTUS has gone blank as well and can't find my car at all.

I was speaking with my sales guy and he seemed just as confused as me. His tracking sheet said it had an EDD of 01/02 just like COTUS but they haven't heard anything about my car showing up or being scheduled to show up.

The Fleet/Inventory Manager called me back later to inform me that my car has yet to be shipped and is still sitting in Flat Rock where it hasn't moved since 12/12/14. My sales guy insisted that couldn't be right because they had a rail car tracking number for my car but that rail car has come and gone by now without any sign of my car arriving.

Overall they seem fairly confused and divided on what's going on with my order. The inventory manager said to expect it to be an EDD of 02/23/2014, which seems like a long time for my car to be just sitting around.

Overall I'm just bummed out that I am still waiting. I ordered quite awhile ago and waiting without any answers is getting old. The whole situation is pretty frustrating since it looks like I'll lose out on Dream Big, EAA and the Private Cash offer rebates as well.

Congrats to everyone else who is getting their cars though, I know the feeling must be nice to finally have it!

Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am still waiting on my car. The EDD of 01/02 has passed with no sign of it showing up. COTUS has gone blank as well and can't find my car at all.

I was speaking with my sales guy and he seemed just as confused as me. His tracking sheet said it had an EDD of 01/02 just like COTUS but they haven't heard anything about my car showing up or being scheduled to show up.

The Fleet/Inventory Manager called me back later to inform me that my car has yet to be shipped and is still sitting in Flat Rock where it hasn't moved since 12/12/14. My sales guy insisted that couldn't be right because they had a rail car tracking number for my car but that rail car has come and gone by now without any sign of my car arriving.

Overall they seem fairly confused and divided on what's going on with my order. The inventory manager said to expect it to be an EDD of 02/23/2014, which seems like a long time for my car to be just sitting around.

Overall I'm just bummed out that I am still waiting. I ordered quite awhile ago and waiting without any answers is getting old. The whole situation is pretty frustrating since it looks like I'll lose out on Dream Big, EAA and the Private Cash offer rebates as well.

Congrats to everyone else who is getting their cars though, I know the feeling must be nice to finally have it!
That sucks. I feel your pain. My car was scheduled to arrive 12/29/14 it said in transit but never shipped. Now it has an edd of 1/25/15 and it still hasn't moved. It's just sitting in the flat rock parking lot. Sounds like we are going through the same ordeal.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't believe most of you haven't gotten your cars. I was mad at how long mine took but I see I was lucky.
Yeah it sucks. Ford might need to work on their special order process. Especially the delivery part. It's super frustrating knowing your car is in transit since 12/11 but is really just sitting in the parking lot at flat rock. How is the new Mustang? Is it worth the wait? Would you have changed anything?

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Mine has been delivered to my dealership! Now just got to find time to pick it up (working all week and my dealer is 3.5 hours away in my "home town").

They were kind enough to send me some pics. If I thought the waiting was bad before...
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg

Corwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same issue here. Shipped at 12/11 and had an EDD of 12/25. Then COTUS blanked out. Dealer said 29th to the 5th. COTUS then updated to 01/19/2015. Now dealer says the railhead guys are expecting the car between 01/13 and 01/19.

4 to 5 weeks to deliver if the car arrives. Doesn't say much for rail. Could have put it on a truck and had it here in a day or 2.

-Corwin

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same issue here. Shipped at 12/11 and had an EDD of 12/25. Then COTUS blanked out. Dealer said 29th to the 5th. COTUS then updated to 01/19/2015. Now dealer says the railhead guys are expecting the car between 01/13 and 01/19.

4 to 5 weeks to deliver if the car arrives. Doesn't say much for rail. Could have put it on a truck and had it here in a day or 2.

-Corwin
Sound like they are having a rail problem to California. I would have paid to have my car trucked out here at this point. There are 3 of us from California with the same problem. We could have split the cost of shipping all 3 cars on one truck. I'm going to give ford services a call this is ridiculous.

Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine has been delivered to my dealership! Now just got to find time to pick it up (working all week and my dealer is 3.5 hours away in my "home town").

They were kind enough to send me some pics. If I thought the waiting was bad before...
Looks awesome!!! congratulations!!

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Here she is guys. Sorry took so long to get pictures up, have been busy with work....

I was upset about having to take her home in the rain but I am just as happy to have her home where she belongs, her long journey from Michigan finally complete. All I can say about this car is wow. I just stare at it unbelievably and can't believe its mine. And the amount of attention it garners is something else as well. Took wifey out lunch yesterday and when we came out there were a couple of guys looking at it and taking pictures with their cell phone, and being very respectful not to touch it. I have passed a couple of Camaros on the road and even the drivers turned their head to look it over. The car is definitely worth the wait like everyone says, and feels so planted and connected to the road. Even my buddy, who is a Camaro guy, said the car is absolutely beautiful and looks like something out of a video game or comic book and he feels bad for those that bought brand new 2014s.

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
ShadowHorse, beautiful pictures! I am one of the few that loves the black rims! It rained a few days after I got mine too, so I feel your pain. They are definitely attention grabbers! =)
Congrats!!!

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
I don't know how one can't love the black rims. To each their own though. Thanks dude!

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

ZachR

I was wondering if you heard anything new about the status of your vehicle?
Sponsored