Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Was browsing YouTube and saw someone just post this video.

[ame]

Compare to this site's GT350 video from September 2013:

[ame]
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nice catches, guys. Good to hear it again........now, if that's a flat plane crank, it's got more growl than any I've ever heard :)

Sponsored

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
I have been seeing a lot of these cars on instagram it seems that there are at least 3 in AZ, 2 in cali and 2 in michigan.

Somms

I really dont know what to think. I really can't see how that could be a flat plane engine based on the sound and the guy who shot the video says:

The car had quad exhaust tips, which leads me to believe it's the GT350 test vehicle. Sounded extremely mean. I did not hear any hint of forced induction but the car was pretty low in the revs.
So if it is to be naturally aspirated and this is the GT350, then it's either just a tuned Coyote or a naturally aspirated... 5.2? With the FI version to be seen in a few years with the GT500?

Surely someone on this message board must have an inkling if it is only a few months away from debut.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Hmmm… where are the pics of that Ford patent filing for the unique dual exhaust crossover/x-pipe muffler?
The secrecy surrounding this car is so great… anyone who knows much isn't saying.
I would think if FPC was real, SVT would go to great lengths to keep it secret until the unveiling. These prototypes may not even be running the "real" motor.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Here's another that was sent to us -- thanks to Blake C. It was spotted on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica.
Very nice! Compare the type of testing that is going on here to the point in time when the base models did this same thing and it's clear that this is getting to the point where it would be ready for an announcement.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Rampant, I thought the same thing when I saw it at first. I was praying it was like your render which I think is a huge improvement.

The lower side scoop is just wishful thinking, and would serve very little purpose. But there is also an air exhaust on the front fenders that is clear on the prototype. How effective that would be given the structure behind it is debatable - aka not much.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

motoroid65

The secrecy surrounding this car is so great… anyone who knows much isn't saying.
I would think if FPC was real, SVT would go to great lengths to keep it secret until the unveiling. These prototypes may not even be running the "real" motor.
Now what would be the point of running these test cars around without the real motor? Even the mules and fully camoflaged prototypes were running the actual motors based on the engine bay shots and the clear turbo whistle in one of the videos.

I get the whole secrecy thing but it seems very clear with the S550, Ford is not driving these around for show or marketing as we haven't gotten any slow unveiling at all. They seem more interested in testing it and keeping them as hidden as possible until they are ready to show it in the flesh.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
There are things to test besides the engine. There were NVH and chassis testing prototypes of the Ford GT running around with terminator engines for example.
Just a guess though...

WRC

Was browsing YouTube and saw someone just post this video.

Sounds pretty much like the current 5.0 to me. :shrug:

The spy video from months back definitely didn't altho the driver here didn't give it much gas.

Ricky35

Something going on with the side rockers on the GT350 I think. Everyone of the photos shows it covered up or roughed up like it is holding the place of a different production part.

Might we see a functional scoop on the rocker panels like the 2011 Shelby?

ford_100304321_h.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored