Sponsored

Car Paint Protection Film

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My detailer recommends that as the best option especially if your colour (like RR) especially will show chips up. He suggests that $1,000 for the whole car from a 3M "wrapper" is well worth it. Got to be cheaper for a partial which I'm also considering (facia and bonnet).
Whole car for 1k??

I am getting partial, basically a third of the car which is about $1100 by the invisible car bra guys in Melbourne. You can get the whole bonnet and also complete front fenders done but that is 2k... For $2500 I could get a whole car colour wrap

I will put up some pics of the line on the bonnet next Friday when it's done. As much as doing an opticoat or something appealed to me... It really doesn't provide much real protection
Sponsored

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
My detailer recommends that as the best option especially if your colour (like RR) especially will show chips up. He suggests that $1,000 for the whole car from a 3M "wrapper" is well worth it. Got to be cheaper for a partial which I'm also considering (facia and bonnet).
That seems way to cheap for a full car wrap from what I have come across in getting quotes here in WA. Someone I was talking to at our show said his friend charges $1800 for a car wrap for him as a favour - which sounds a lot cheaper than doing the car-bra and partial bonnet, mirrors, bumper etc. Those quotes for me have run from $3995 (just silly) to $1499. A friend has driven their Mustang across Australia three times now with the older technology vinyl wrap and after approx. 3 yrs it is only now starting to show signs of wear. Minimal line where the vinyl ends too - didn't notice till he pointed it out. The newer 3M self repairing is much thinner and you can't see it - have to touch to know it's there.

newmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Review/Pics- clear shield

[MENTION=20200]AussieGreg[/MENTION] and others interested see below pictures and review:

I picked up my car on a Saturday and had it booked in for clear shield on the Monday....minimal risk of stone chips!

Did my research for last 6 months and picked Clear Shield based on the below:

* Mate has had 2 cars protected and both look awesome.
* After reading reviews/ understanding the process I did not want anyone cutting my paint work- this can happen with the cheap/shit guys in Sydney that offer a full wrap for $3,000....you get what you pay for. Clear shield do not cut, they make each section by panel using CAD drawings. In other words...I was happy to pay little bit extra to get quality work. I want my mustang for life without paint damage.
*12 Year warranty which includes the labour....most guys don't cover the labour...just film....labour is most of the cost! So this is important.

Am I happy? HELL YES!

Just look at the pictures attached- I also have more if people want to see different ones.

Cost breakdown which I got from my original request below:

Clear Shield | Vehicle Stone Chip Protection
We have a range of coverage options available.

Impact Coverage 1: Half Bonnet, Half Guards, Mirrors + Headlights. $529.95
Impact Coverage 2: Half Bonnet, Half Guards, Bumper, Mirrors + Headlights. $1195.95
Impact Coverage 3: Full Bonnet, Full Guards, Bumper, Mirrors + Headlights. $2299.95
Impact Coverage 4: Full vehicle coverage starting at $6000.00 (Price varies between vehicles)

I ended up bundling some things together such as doors and Full Metal Jacket (paint protection) google it....its awesome. Put Full Metal Jacket on other areas not covered by the protection. Wish I had enough $$$ to wrap the full car....yet happy with my choices.

They had my car for 3 days...yet that is the process and I was happy to wait as long as it was perfect!! No need to rush after 12 months of waiting....haha.

Car still looking awesome....first wash this saturday.

Any questions feel free to personal message me or ask away.

I highly recommend David and his team.

http://www.clear-shield.com.au/contact.html
Clear Shield Mustang-17.jpg
Clear Shield Mustang-13.jpg
Clear Shield Mustang-7.jpg
Clear Shield Mustang-6.jpg

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT manual (Oz-delivered)
Car looks epic. Great choice, including the one to go with Clear Shield.

Funny story, I dropped by to chat with Dave the other day while your car was about to get wrapped. I asked Dave "when are you starting on it?", he looked over at his colleague and laughed "It's already done".

That right there was all the proof I needed about the quality of Clear Shield's service and product quality.

The difference with Clear Shield compared to some lesser companies is they underwrap each panel so there's no exposed edges. This ensures debris remains out of view. Also, CS is perfectly clear and doesn't yellow like some lesser brands. It's really good stuff applied by experts.

Sponsored

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
For those that have this product or know about it, what happens when you start getting swirl marks on the film? What do you use to buff them out? Can they be buffed out? Will it wear out the film?

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT manual (Oz-delivered)
For those that have this product or know about it, what happens when you start getting swirl marks on the film? What do you use to buff them out? Can they be buffed out? Will it wear out the film?
It's self-healing so the risk of swirls is minimized by the composition of the film. There is a solution that they recommend be applied periodically (maybe every 2 years?) I can't quite recall. Will find out.

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Looks great

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Sensational finish

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I am actually in Castle Hill for a work appointment tomorrow and happen to be in the same street so will call into Clearshield.

Sponsored

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
Hi I have had the front third of the bonnet , front bumper , mirrors and top of rear bumper covered by ozzi cossi in Sydney for $795. looks great you can barely see the seam on my magnetic GT . for an extra 250 you could have the whole bonnet done.
the same people did my dark grey A5 which I had for 5 years . it lasted very well with just some scuffs on the top of the back bumper

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I have had invisible car bra added to mine. If anyone in Melb wants to see the finish let me know, basically from 5ft you can't see the line at all from the front

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I have had invisible car bra added to mine. If anyone in Melb wants to see the finish let me know, basically from 5ft you can't see the line at all from the front
How much did it end up costing you?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Some pics of the front of my car in the process of being wrapped, and the end result:
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg
r1.jpg
r2.jpg

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For those asking, this ^^ was the full front Suntek PPF kit installed at Reflect Effect, Parramatta.

They also did the Opti-Coat Pro+ (paint and wheels) Opti-Guard interior protection &
premium ceramic infrared protection window tint.
Sponsored