Sponsored

Power loss from Stock exhaust

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As others have mentioned the catback isn't really worth any real Hp/tq gains. That's the same for removing the resonator. The only real benefit to swapping out the resonator and mufflers would be to change the sound of the car.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
So why does one of the cat-backs you sell show it gains 32HP in the description? if you believe from your experience and testing that they don't improve HP why have it listed in the product description?

Just curious I would think you wouldn't advertise those claims if you didn't believe them to be true...

Thanks.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
So why does one of the cat-backs you sell show it gains 32HP in the description? if you believe from your experience and testing that they don't improve HP why have it listed in the product description?

Just curious I would think you wouldn't advertise those claims if you didn't believe them to be true...

Thanks.

If a manufacturer claims something in their product description we really don't like to go against that.

However we will be more than upfront with anyone who asks for our personal experience which is that catbacks don't have any real power gains associated with them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Perhaps cat backs by themselves won't increase power, but certainly as part of a complete system, specially if boosted can free up HP at higher rpms

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
So how much weight do you save getting rid of the resonator and adding an h or x pipe?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
So how much weight do you save getting rid of the resonator and adding an h or x pipe?
15-17 lbs [MENTION=11207]racer24crm[/MENTION].

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
The resonator is around 17lbs. I wish I would have weighed my custom H pipe, but I would say the H pipe weighs almost 10lbs.
Sponsored