Vehicle(s)
Oranginator

YLA G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oranginator

see this:

I got the parts reasonably cheap. My service manager thought the same thing, that there should be an easy hookup or pigtail there for the gauges.

Turns out there are literally 100 different main wire harness's depending on what options your car has. Don't believe me? Go to Fordparts.com and see for yourself.

In order to do the swap, you have to remove the entire dash assembly, replace the main harness with the proper harness, replace the inner dash shell with the two outlets, replace the middle outer shell with the two outlets, then install the new gauges/dash trim.

About $1500+ labor alone. Then you have to buy the matching trim around the headlight switch and the lower passenger trim.

For sale: PP dash with Eco gauges and GT gauges. $600 for all.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Hi there,

here are my Mods:

- Swiss made Axle backs based on Ford Racing Touring
- Interior LED Kit Stage 2 from Diode Dynamics
- Front Parking lights with 194 HP5 LEDs from Diode Dynamics. I cannot feel my fingers today (as if I played guitar the whole day), the driver's side bulb was a nightmare to take out, you need pliers to turn them counter clockwise :ninja:).

Mods to be done:

- LED fog Lights XP80 from Diode Dynamics (they sadly do not fit in the hole, I am getting the hole enlarged a bit)
- Daytime running lamps in fogs to LED, I ordered in Australia (see link below), they are the closest to the halogen P13W that we have (size and shape). I talked to the store in Australia with pics from John of the EU fog housing and looks extremely similar to the australian subaryu wrx. I should get the bulbs next week, I will let you know if it is an easy plug and play :)

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Konik-P13W-CREE-LED-DRL-FOG-Light-White-bulb-for-FT86-GT-MY15-WRX-STI-Mazda-CX-5-/121355905937?

[ame]

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Since it was one of the first mods I assume I should post it here...
Had a look at my UPR catch can today to see if it was doing anything and to my surprise after 800km using the can it catched a bunch a gasoline smelling oil... id say about a half a centimeter or so..

Pretty much impressed and I wish I installed it sooner that 2500KM
UPR 03-11-2015 (1).jpg
UPR 03-11-2015 (3).jpg

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Was that a hard install? From what I've been reading it sounds too much for my monkey paws...

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was that a hard install? From what I've been reading it sounds too much for my monkey paws...
Lol seems very easy indeed!

Are these exact the same on the ecoboost?

I had the tech at my dealer look at this video first, his biggest issue was getting the second plug of so I told him to lift the car up and reach for it from under the car. That solved it... took about 20min to install.

[ame]

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Looks very nice. Congrats

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Looks nice, but 60€ seems expensive. Think they exist at a better price?
Haven't seen any on the net yet, it's also the shipping fees ($29) that make the price. Since they seemed the same size as the halogen I jumped on the opportunity.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the tech at my dealer look at this video first, his biggest issue was getting the second plug of so I told him to lift the car up and reach for it from under the car. That solved it... took about 20min to install.
If this is so important, why the factory didn't install such an item?

I mean are there any future side/effects?
Sponsored