OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It sparkled in the sun and showed all the contours and shades. By the time I got home an hour away it turned into a deep lead color because the sky was overcast....simply amazing.
Welcome to the Magnetic club; it's a fun place to be! I agree with your assessment of the particulars of this color. I've had people comment to me why this and my 2 previous Mustangs were grey. In each case, it was the way the lines looked to me with these hues. Especially with Magnetic, the sparkle just makes it awesome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LITTLE PECULIARITIES - PART 1

Having seen some recent threads about a few items I wouldn't normally notice, I took some photos today.

First, someone started a thread about the irregular shape of the rear wheel well coverings (fabric material, by the way). He called it "butchered". I had not noticed it when I did the first wash, but as I was cleaning the car today, I observed it.

Below is a peek of the passenger side rear wheel behind the tire for your viewing enjoyment. The material, by the way, seems to be made to damp out road noise. Since I have been driving on somewhat salt-covered roads, they picked up the grime, discoloring them white. I couldn't run the hose today, so I just wiped them down.
DSC01487_resize25.jpg

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LITTLE PECULIARITIES - PART 2

When I was putting in the passenger side rear floor mat a few days ago, I couldn't get it to go under the seat immediately. I found the wiring harness for the passenger power seat touching the floorboard. I had to lift it and slip the mat under.

Here is what it looks like. I am not accustomed to the harness being in that position.
DSC01482_resize25.jpg

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
When I was putting in the rear floor mats a few days ago, I couldn't get it to go under the seat immediately. I found the wiring harness for the passneger power seat touch the floorboard. I had to lift it and slip the mat under.

Here is what it looks like. I am not accustomed to the harness being in that position.
This could be problematic. I'll have to check mine in the morning. I have been trying to adjust gauge color at night but it keeps telling me that is cannot do this during the day....interesting.
:frusty:

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been trying to adjust gauge color at night but it keeps telling me that is cannot do this during the day....interesting.
:frusty:
There's another thread on the forums that talks about that. Take a peek here.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Tony mine looks a little better than that. I didn't take a pic. I think they might have used maybe a left handed middle schooler using right handed scissors to cut mine over the blind monkeys on many of the earlier ones. ;)

Thanks for helping out ponyup. Don't thank me, thank Mrs. Free Agent as she found the solution for me online.

Your car looks great too. :D

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very helpful, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many thanks! worked like a charm.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tony mine looks a little better than that. I didn't take a pic. I think they might have used maybe a left handed middle schooler using right handed scissors to cut mine over the blind monkeys on many of the earlier ones. ;)
Progress! :D

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
I look forward to seeing your photos someday! Magnetic with the premier interior option and red looks like a great color combination. There are photos of Magnetic and this interior located here.

You will appreciate the added "soft touch" upper door panels, along with the rich look of the red color contrast in the seats and center door panel area. I also wish this was available with saddle, but unfortunately it is not.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks! Just today was able to get my vert order accepted. Maybe in time for a late dec build (pending holiday shutdown).

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Tony, how were you able to delete the spoiler without ordering the Performance Package? I wanna delete the spoiler on my GT because it just looks so clean without it. Did they discount you some for deleting it? Also, what was the options you ordered? Just curious on seeing what other people decided to option their GT's with.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tony, how were you able to delete the spoiler without ordering the Performance Package? I wanna delete the spoiler on my GT because it just looks so clean without it. Did they discount you some for deleting it? Also, what was the options you ordered? Just curious on seeing what other people decided to option their GT's with.
As per the order guide (located here in the Wiki), I chose option 13D - spoiler delete. There is no discount for that but there is no cost either.

My order options are shown here. What are you thinking about getting?

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Just today was able to get my vert order accepted. Maybe in time for a late dec build (pending holiday shutdown).
Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WEIGHT WITH SPARE TIRE - 3683lbs

Today I went to Paul's Automotive Engineering here in Cincinnati to have my car weighed. I had about 1/8 tank of gas and the spare tire included.

This shop sets up race cars so they also recorded the corner weights and were looking at the side-by-side and side-to-opposite side weight distribution as well.

The curb weight was checked 3 times to see if a consistent recording was obtained. My photo was taken on the second check. The written sheet shows the final result.

Calculating the total front weight and rear weight and dividing by the total weight, the distribution comes out to 54% front/46% rear

I asked someone to be the driver for checking weight distribution with someone in the car (150 lbs; if it was me, it would have been 235lbs :) ). Those are the other weights.
DSC01498_resize.jpg
weight sheet.jpg