Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
This is a really crappy render on my part actually… bad lighting and thats why it is so grainy. Lots of other issues as well. The factory environment is cool, but its tricky to get it looking right and I was running this one on my home machine remotely from work today, so it was slow and hard to get set up right. It came out really dark so Chaz tweaked and brightened it. Unfortunately that makes the grain stand out even worse.
I'm setting up a new environment tonight.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
This is a really crappy render on my part actually… bad lighting and thats why it is so grainy. Lots of other issues as well. The factory environment is cool, but its tricky to get it looking right and I was running this one on my home machine remotely from work today, so it was slow and hard to get set up right. It came out really dark so Chaz tweaked and brightened it. Unfortunately that makes the grain stand out even worse.
Don't sell yourself too short -- it is a good render! Though, I am glad you mentioned the grain and overly-high contrast as I was going to bring up the same things (that and the DHG is a bit saturated and too yellow) -- but that is just nit-picking small things that only a few people would notice.

As far as the noise, I think because it is against the relatively noise-free background, the noise on the vehicle sticks out as obvious. If you add the same amount of noise to the background and reduce the file dimensions a bit -- it can help as a quick fix to make the overall image look more consistent.

Something like this:

Small difference I know, though I think it does help a little. But I am just a PS guy -- not smart enough to be a 3D guy. :)

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Good suggestions, Rampant. I made some adjustments for the better.

GTsquid

We forgive you jjw :p Minor imperfections really.

The ONLY thing that bothers me about the design is the fog light opening area. It doesn't kill the front end for me but it's such a bummer on an otherwise nice looking nose. I hope the production version doesn't have that cheap plastic housing for the fog buckets. If so that will be my first mod.

I thought Rampant has some good ideas on how it could be changed in his different aftermarket versions here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881

Sponsored

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
i like the roofline and the rear end view the side and front view are OK but the side pillar(so far) is hard to get around to liking

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Thanks Rampant. The changes help, but it still looks like it was rendered realtime with a 5 yr old game engine ;) Its definitely a step backwards from the first 2 renders. I've been working off several versions and saved files (trying different things to fix the polygons) and I must have lost my best render setup somewhere along the way. Looking at the image now, I think I may have accidentally deleted some polygons in the floor as well, so the light shines through. I haven't been this deep in the 3D stuff for 10+ yrs and I'm relearning a lot… plus all sorts of new stuff. Its addictive, and lots of other projects are getting ignored right now.

As for the car itself… I personally really like the invisible b-pillar and roofline. Actually, I like everything about it and I can only imagine how much better the real thing will be. I am most curious about the quarter window to body transition.
The one thing I am iffy on is the rear lip. I think it could use a little more taper in the corners to make it look more modern.
My wife recently gave me the thumbs up on a track pack GT. She even said we could get a 350, but I don't think that is realistic unless I sell a kidney or find a money tree.

I think Ford is going to attract a whole new group of buyers with this car and will probably only loose a few of the more traditional retro mustang fans. Although, I'd bet time and driving dynamics will change that.

K.Lysius

I actually think the grain and noise on the car made it realistic looking to me. Looks like some dust from sitting in the warehouse :)

Still looks awesome. :clap2: Thanks guys, you make checking back often fun.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I sure would like to see Grabber Orange make a return.

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Great rendering, but I still don't like the overall vibe of the front end... especially the headlights.

Sponsored

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Great rendering, but I still don't like the overall vibe of the front end... especially the headlights.
Headlights were better than expected for me. Thought for sure we were getting a clone of Evos or Fusion headlights but the spy pics showed much more Mustang like headlights.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
If you guys would take the time to read the posts above, you would know that Chazcron has said numerous times that the headlight buckets are his design and that he isn't very good at it.(His words)

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I just don't understand all the Hate for the Headlights and Front End in General. It's an Evolution of Established Mustang Styling from several generations. The headlights basically look like New Edge 99-03 Mustangs just flipped upside down and reversed.

The Overall Front End is an Evolution of the 68 Shelby's

Which was the inspiration for the 10-14 Shelby GT 500 and the 12-14 Mustang's

The Power Dome on the Hood actually draws design heritage from the 94-99 SN-95 Mustangs with it's raised outboard edges.

The only "Controversial" part of the 2015's front end are the small inward kinks at the lower outboard ends of the Upper Grill, which the way I look at it, is just a result of lowering the Bumper without changing the Geometry of the Entire Upper and Lower Grill openings. As a result it does give the 2015 a Ford Corporate Look while still being Pure Mustang in My Opinion.

Mriley

Agree 100% Tampabear. People want to look to the Fusion when they only need to look at the Mustang's own history for where some of these design cues came from. To me the only controversial part is not the shape of the grille but the shape and treatment of the fog openings which are very similar to other cars out there including the new M3/m4 which others have pointed out, but do appear to be rather cheap tack-ons if some of the spy photos are to be believed.
Sponsored