Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
I just ordered this, and then lost access to my friends garage; and more importantly his ramps, jack, tools etc...

How much should I expect to pay to have a shop install this?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just ordered this, and then lost access to my friends garage; and more importantly his ramps, jack, tools etc...

What did you do? Sleep with his woman? :lol:

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

Shouldn't be too bad. I'd say a shop that knows how to read through the instructions should be able to do it in an hour to 1.5 hours tops. Maybe around $100 or so, depending on the shops hourly rate.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks to everyone who has acquired this kit!

We cannot begin to put into words how appreciative we are of your support.

I just picked up another PP GT, and guess what the very first mod will be?

CB005_image1_large.jpg

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks to everyone who has acquired this kit!

We cannot begin to put into words how appreciative we are of your support.

I just picked up another PP GT, and guess what the very first mod will be?

CB005_image1_large.jpg
This was my 1st suspension mod also. Cannot stress this enough. It works!! Imagine if BMR was not around!!?? We would all be wheel hopping and doing differential repairs. :lol:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
This was my 1st suspension mod also. Cannot stress this enough. It works!! Imagine if BMR was not around!!?? We would all be wheel hopping and doing differential repairs. :lol:
Indubitably so!!! I finally got some good drive time after the CB005 install and holy cow, what a difference these bad boys make. The car feels settled and much more connected to the road now.

I also want to give the SP082/SP089 springs a shout-out l installed about a week before the cradle lockouts, they may not be everyone's "cup of tea" but they were the best available option for the price and met my needs since l wanted to stay with the stock dampers for now..

And as an added bonus....no NVH associated with either!:cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Installing mine tomorrow! :D

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Indubitably so!!! I finally got some good drive time after the CB005 install and holy cow, what a difference these bad boys make. The car feels settled and much more connected to the road now.

I also want to give the SP082/SP089 springs a shout-out l installed about a week before the cradle lockouts, they may not be everyone's "cup of tea" but they were the best available option for the price and met my needs since l wanted to stay with the stock dampers for now..

And as an added bonus....no NVH associated with either!:cheers:
LOL. Yea I did not expect this product to kick the wheel hop in the ass. But it does. BMR hit a home run out of the park home run with this product. :cheers:

Installing mine tomorrow! :D
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking forward to the improvement in connectedness and reduction in bounciness (though still mostly the dampers). The wheel hop reduction is a nice bonus, as I don't drag race or do that many hard launches from a stop.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm looking forward to the improvement in connectedness and reduction in bounciness (though still mostly the dampers). The wheel hop reduction is a nice bonus, as I don't drag race or do that many hard launches from a stop.
Waiting for review. Very very easy install. Low priced effective mod. :thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My CB005 Review

I installed the BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit this morning. Time to install, start to finish, including jacking the car up and down, was just over 1 hr. Overall it was a very easy install. I actually deviated from the instructions a little and did one side at a time, while leaving the other tight. There's enough flex in the cradle bushings to do this. It also prevents you from misaligning the cradle by dropping the whole thing down.

Tools used:
21 mm deep socket
7" long, 1/2" drive extension
1/2" drive breaker bar
1/2" drive torque wrench
13 mm socket
3/8" drive ratchet
3/8" drive torque wrench

You don't necessarily need all of these to do the install, but I think it makes it easier.

Impressions:

Ride Quality
The car feels more buttoned down/less floaty over road undulations. It's not a huge difference on most surfaces, but you do notice it. On roads that previously made the car bounce a lot, it's probably reduced by ~30%. It's enough to take that bunny hop edge off :lol:. Most of that is still the dampers (I have PP rears).

Cornering
Ohhh yeah. This is hugely improved :D. The front and rear feel like they are rolling together now, and that you can finally tell that the body structure is indeed quite rigid. I have so much more confidence getting on the power coming off corners now. I'd have bought this kit just for this aspect if nothing else. You can feel what the rear end is doing so, so much better.

Launching/Wheel hop
I have yet to do a hard, straight line only launch. However, in accelerating fairly hard turning onto a road from a stop, I definitely noticed the rear end hooking up better without hop, where it would have some previously. I will report back on this, but I am sure it is significantly improved.

NVH
Ah yes, the one a lot of people worry about. Great news! It's very minimal. To say there's none would be a lie, but only those with very sensitive ears and butts will notice it. Even then, it's by no means objectionable. Here's what you notice: bumps in the road are louder, but not harsher. You hear it reverberating in the cabin a little more than you used to. Changes in road surfaces are more audible and perhaps you feel a tad more vibration, but barely. Peak loudness from road noise is unchanged. There's nothing that you feel more, and as mentioned before, many things regarding bumps are actually better because the dampers can now control the sprung mass of the car without the IRS bushings mushing it up.

Unexpected findings
Shifting actually seems smoother and more direct now over imperfect surfaces. I credit that to the subframe not really moving around much, so the driveline stays more in-plane with each other.

In summary: this is a fantastic kit. BUY IT. I have zero regrets and this is my daily driver. The driving of the experience of the car is improved in pretty much every way. Great work, [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] for developing such a simple and inexpensive kit to solve the majority of the IRS' issues in one fell swoop.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
WOW! Thanks [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] !!!!

I am happy to see that you now can relate to the many people who give their great feedback on this CB005 Kit. As I predicted before we released it, this kit is a homerun. Actually, a Grand Slam!

Thanks again!

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I installed the BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit this morning. Time to install, start to finish, including jacking the car up and down, was just over 1 hr. Overall it was a very easy install. I actually deviated from the instructions a little and did one side at a time, while leaving the other tight. There's enough flex in the cradle bushings to do this. It also prevents you from misaligning the cradle by dropping the whole thing down.

Tools used:
21 mm deep socket
7" long, 1/2" drive extension
1/2" drive breaker bar
1/2" drive torque wrench
13 mm socket
3/8" drive ratchet
3/8" drive torque wrench

You don't necessarily need all of these to do the install, but I think it makes it easier.

Impressions:

Ride Quality
The car feels more buttoned down/less floaty over road undulations. It's not a huge difference on most surfaces, but you do notice it. On roads that previously made the car bounce a lot, it's probably reduced by ~30%. It's enough to take that bunny hop edge off :lol:. Most of that is still the dampers (I have PP rears).

Cornering
Ohhh yeah. This is hugely improved :D. The front and rear feel like they are rolling together now, and that you can finally tell that the body structure is indeed quite rigid. I have so much more confidence getting on the power coming off corners now. I'd have bought this kit just for this aspect if nothing else. You can feel what the rear end is doing so, so much better.

Launching/Wheel hop
I have yet to do a hard, straight line only launch. However, in accelerating fairly hard turning onto a road from a stop, I definitely noticed the rear end hooking up better without hop, where it would have some previously. I will report back on this, but I am sure it is significantly improved.

NVH
Ah yes, the one a lot of people worry about. Great news! It's very minimal. To say there's none would be a lie, but only those with very sensitive ears and butts will notice it. Even then, it's by no means objectionable. Here's what you notice: bumps in the road are louder, but not harsher. You hear it reverberating in the cabin a little more than you used to. Changes in road surfaces are more audible and perhaps you feel a tad more vibration, but barely. Peak loudness from road noise is unchanged. There's nothing that you feel more, and as mentioned before, many things regarding bumps are actually better because the dampers can now control the sprung mass of the car without the IRS bushings mushing it up.

Unexpected findings
Shifting actually seems smoother and more direct now over imperfect surfaces. I credit that to the subframe not really moving around much, so the driveline stays more in-plane with each other.

In summary: this is a fantastic kit. BUY IT. I have zero regrets and this is my daily driver. The driving of the experience of the car is improved in pretty much every way. Great work, [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] for developing such a simple and inexpensive kit to solve the majority of the IRS' issues in one fell swoop.
All that and a review posted by 9:15am. Must have been one hell of a test drive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.