Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yall don't need to do any of that. if it doesn't line up it means your hood is out of line. loosen the bottom bolt until the hole lines up with the bracket then tighten bottom and then bolt at bracket. magically your hood is now properly aligned.

however it also means you might have to push the fenders in or out to make them align right with the properly aligned hood. which is simple 3 bolts on top of the fender under the weather stripping. (pretty sure it's only 3.)

also for the record these struts work fine with trufiber cowl. not sure over time but for now works just fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Yep, I needed to loosen all the bolts and align the hood better. Nice job, Ford. LOL. They're in now and looking good.

Qx5giot.jpg

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
yall don't need to do any of that. if it doesn't line up it means your hood is out of line. loosen the bottom bolt until the hole lines up with the bracket then tighten bottom and then bolt at bracket. magically your hood is now properly aligned.

however it also means you might have to push the fenders in or out to make them align right with the properly aligned hood. which is simple 3 bolts on top of the fender under the weather stripping. (pretty sure it's only 3.)

also for the record these struts work fine with trufiber cowl. not sure over time but for now works just fine.
You're right but I wasn't going to fool with the hood and possibly the fenders.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
You're right but I wasn't going to fool with the hood and possibly the fenders.
you didn't need to mess with the fenders. adjusting the hood is all it took me. took about 20 minutes for me to adjust my hood the way i wanted but i am ocd kinda.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
you don't HAVE to touch the fenders if you don't want. After I did mine, my passenger fender was pushed out tad bit to much and wasn't close enough to the hood. It literally took me 1 min to fix it.

Sponsored

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
I understand all that. I just made a choice not to do it. I realize I could have, I just didn't want to

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of things...

Run the supplied bit all the way through the plastic, and not just to the last step.

I wrapped masking tape around the bolt heads on the hood to keep from knocking the paint off when I turned them. I'm a little picky...

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am running into an issue on install - the bracket for the passenger side will not rotate around to clear the stock hood bracket enough to line up with the washer fluid hole. Does that make sense? Check out this pic:

HGHerTH.jpg

That is a slight exaggeration - I could have moved it over just a bit more, but I wanted to demonstrate where the problem is - it will NOT get close enough to line up with that hole.
I ran into this this past weekend installing mine. Have read to loosen bottom bolt so I TRIED that....could not get the holes to remotely line up. Seems as much as you would have to move the hood to get the holes to line up, the hood would be so far out of alignment it wouldnt be worth the trouble. I ordered another set to confirm, and will return that set as well if it isnt any better, which im assuming will be the same as the first set. They sure look like a great set, but I'd rather deal with a hood prop than misalignment of a hood. And I know there are a ton of satisfied users of these struts, they are great quality, but Id like to see redline change up those upper brackets. the previous bracket design with some small changes would work better. Just my 2 pennys. And FWIW, i read on this thread that if the bracket doesnt line up, then your hood or fenders are out of alignment? Umm, all my gaps (hood, fender, fender to bumper, etc) are really quite good. So in my case, improper fitment of the upper bracket is NOT because of misalignment of any panel from the factory....

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Mine was off about half the width of the hole, so I could see half of the hood hole through the bracket. I just used a punch in the hole to pry it over a little while I tightened the bolt up. Fit fine that way. I've also read to listen the bottom bolt for more extreme cases. Seems the hood and factory alignment is a common issue. Something tells me that you're going to have the same issue with the new set. The brackets are stamped by machine best I can tell and I expect that the variance between bracket is non existent from redline.

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im assuming the fitment will be the same with the 2nd set too. The holes on mine were way more out of whack than yours stresstest...probably an entire hole to slightly more than that. My gaps are all just fine from the factory, and Im not going to mess with that (proper factory panel alignment seems like a rarity) just to have hood struts. I'll keep my hood prop and excellent panel gaps thank you :).

Maybe a redseign of the washer fluid hole on the bracket could be more like a rounded rectangle, and that would provide some "wiggle room" for these particular instances where things dont quite line up...but what do I know. LOL

Last edited:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im assuming the fitment will be the same with the 2nd set too. My gaps are all just fine from the factory, and Im not going to mess with that (proper factory panel alignment seems like a rarity) with having to realign them for strut rods. I'll keep my hood prop.
Crossing fingers for you. Thank you for posting, first I heard of this. I hate things that don't line up.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Mine was like that only not nearly as bad. I just elongated the hole in the bracket enough to push the washer hose hold down in. The instructions say you may have to undo the other hinge nut to align the bracket but I was by myself and chose not to do that. Overall very happy with the Redline struts.
Any pics? When you do this, the bracket is installed "crooked" right. Does that effect the gas strut and all or does it float/rotate on the ball mount. Thanks.
Sponsored