Sponsored

Finally ordered the Redline hood struts

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Had some Amazon gift cards left over from Christmas, and found the redline struts on their site. I can't wait to finally get these on and replace the old school hood prop! I have been admiring the hood struts on many member's rides here, and now I can join the club! :cheers:

Anyone have tips/tricks/words of advice for install? :headbang:
Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Had some Amazon gift cards left over from Christmas, and found the redline struts on their site. I can't wait to finally get these on and replace the old school hood prop! I have been admiring the hood struts on many member's rides here, and now I can join the club! :cheers:

Hi, I haven't installed mine yet, but don't loose the battery cover clips down inside the inner guard, they will be gone forever:ford:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
youll love them! they are top quality, only issue I ran into was I had to make the battery cover opening larger than the 3/4" they specified

Sponsored

dogpig66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ordered mine from Amazon too and installed them today in about 15 minutes. Had to loosen the lower bolt on the passenger side to get everything lined up. Lowered the hood slowly to make sure I didn't mess anything up before installing the struts and buttoning it all up. Install was super easy!

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Awesome! Installation is very straight forward and we include a color manual to walk you through the process. We also have our own installation video you can watch here:

Be sure to post pictures once completed! :thumbsup:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine but had a bit of trouble, had to loosen the lower bolts on the hood hinges to get the struts to lineup but then the hood got out of alignment, took me 1 1/2 hours to get it backed aligned, that being said the hood struts work awesome. Also the hole guide to open up the battery cover around the one strut seemed way off after I drilled it, I just ended up slitting the battery cover all the way to the end, it was only about 1/2" long slit and no troubles now about where the dam hole is in the battery cover, lol.

Terry :)

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Installed mine but had a bit of trouble, had to loosen the lower bolts on the hood hinges to get the struts to lineup but then the hood got out of alignment, took me 1 1/2 hours to get it backed aligned, that being said the hood struts work awesome. Also the hole guide to open up the battery cover around the one strut seemed way off after I drilled it, I just ended up slitting the battery cover all the way to the end, it was only about 1/2" long slit and no troubles now about where the dam hole is in the battery cover, lol.

Terry :)

I actually used the video for my guide when I installed them on CJs site. I never looked at the one included with the package. They showed in the video here how to line up the spine of the template with the manufacturing seam seen on the battery cover and it was spot on for where the bottom mount came up on mine. Perfect video

http://www.cjponyparts.com/redline-...us-bolt-in-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/HDGL24/

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I actually used the video for my guide when I installed them on CJs site. I never looked at the one included with the package. They showed in the video here how to line up the spine of the template with the manufacturing seam seen on the battery cover and it was spot on for where the bottom mount came up on mine. Perfect video

http://www.cjponyparts.com/redline-...us-bolt-in-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/HDGL24/
Good, you are a better man then me :hail:

Terry :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I am running into an issue on install - the bracket for the passenger side will not rotate around to clear the stock hood bracket enough to line up with the washer fluid hole. Does that make sense? Check out this pic:

HGHerTH.jpg

That is a slight exaggeration - I could have moved it over just a bit more, but I wanted to demonstrate where the problem is - it will NOT get close enough to line up with that hole.

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
I am running into an issue on install - the bracket for the passenger side will not rotate around to clear the stock hood bracket enough to line up with the washer fluid hole. Does that make sense? Check out this pic:

HGHerTH.jpg

That is a slight exaggeration - I could have moved it over just a bit more, but I wanted to demonstrate where the problem is - it will NOT get close enough to line up with that hole.
Mine was like that only not nearly as bad. I just elongated the hole in the bracket enough to push the washer hose hold down in. The instructions say you may have to undo the other hinge nut to align the bracket but I was by myself and chose not to do that. Overall very happy with the Redline struts.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
I used a punch to align the holes under pressure while tightening the bolt. was a tight fit but went in
Sponsored