Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
not sure - the interior not much though yet.. want to get the handling, noise and the chrome sorted first...then intake etc - interior is way down the list of priorities.....apart from the shelby steering wheel

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Does anyone know if the chrome can just be removed? I mean do they just take a regular car in factory and then just fit chrome on?

Can someone with a car without chrome take a close up photo of surrounds and post up please.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is a different window moulding apparently - some on mustang forum.uk got a quote it was silly money as apparently the windows are included - or something like that.

I am waiting for my ford dealer to come up with something - but it's the usual yeah....right on it sir.......... then......... then ..... then ..........

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrap it is then.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Well the sun made an appearance today, so I trial fitted the spacers.
First photos are no spacer, then followed by many with spacers.

NO SPACER!

23mm Spacer front & rear!

The poke or lack off

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel

Trust me after seeing car with 23mm spacers fitted I did not want to remove them, what a transformation, but for now they are off until my mud flaps arrive.

I think 23mm is absolutely spot on for the front, there is no poke and it looks just right, 20mm would also look spot on I imagine as well and 25mm will also work just fine in the front. So am happy with 23mm!

In the rear for me 23mm is too much, that is quite a lot of poke and I am sure they would also rub on bumpier roads or aggressive driving though a lot of US guys report no issues as such. However I shall grab myself some 15mm Eibach hubcentric spacers for the rear as I think 15mm will be pretty much spot on.

Absolutely love the look, cannot wait to get the spacers and mud flaps as it transforms the look from a heavy looking car to more what is should be a muscle/sports look. The rear also looks higher as well now, though I think if it was possible to get it 5-10mm higher would be absolute perfection, maybe possible with spring pads, but clutching at straws here. It is why we mod cars to get them looking how we want them to look, some will appreciate it and others will not, all that matters is the owner is happy. :)

After seeing the car like this I am now unsure about de-chroming and going darker wheels, it just looks so good now and how I had it pictured in my mind before I got the car. :)

So hope this helps others, front spacer 20-25mm and rear spacer 8-15mm will give a great look that is nearly flush with no poke.

I also measure ground clearance at the sides, after front wheels is 4.75" and just before rear wheels is just over 6", this car definitely has some rake going on. :)

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks so much better.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Set aside 1-2hr for install! :)
I scoffed at this when I first read it, then I went to fit mine this morning. I mean, jack the car up, take the wheel off, remove two bolts, replace link & that's your lot.

2 hrs later and I had to admit defeat and re-fit the OEM link. :kickrock:

No matter what I tried I just COULD NOT get the lower bolt to take when the top one was in.

It went in fine if I put it in before the top one, but then I couldn't get the top taper anywhere near seated properly to even attempt to put the bolt through. Thoroughly pissed off now.

I had planned to fit those links, the subframe bushes & braces today, but after that little fiasco I'm going to wait until I can get it on the ramp to do the springs and do it all at the same time.

In other news, your car looks SOOOOO much better with the spacers.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I scoffed at this when I first read it, then I went to fit mine this morning. I mean, jack the car up, take the wheel off, remove two bolts, replace link & that's your lot.

2 hrs later and I had to admit defeat and re-fit the OEM link. :kickrock:

No matter what I tried I just COULD NOT get the lower bolt to take when the top one was in.

It went in fine if I put it in before the top one, but then I couldn't get the top taper anywhere near seated properly to even attempt to put the bolt through. Thoroughly pissed off now.

I had planned to fit those links, the subframe bushes & braces today, but after that little fiasco I'm going to wait until I can get it on the ramp to do the springs and do it all at the same time.

In other news, your car looks SOOOOO much better with the spacers.

Shame I don't live down your way any more, I'd have come to help you out. :)

The way I did it was, install top bolt, then remove top bolt and get the bottom bolt in place. Then re-install top bolt and then tighten to spec. Yes the bottom bolt was a pain but I'd have never got it in leaving top bolt in place. But by first installing top bolt it gets the top spherical lined up.

Just curious though which ones did you get, delrin/delrin, delrin/spherical or spherical/spherical? Delrin/delrin is near impossible to fit and adds NVH. I went with delrin/spherical. Spherical/spherical will be easy to fit as it is OEM like.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of getting my wheels done in anthracite:

Gotta admit I really like it!
What you guys think?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got the Steeda ones.

I could get the top bolt in fine and visually the bottom hole was lined up perfectly, but the bolt just wouldn't take. It would go all the way through to where the thread starts but it was maybe half a degree out meaning it wouldn't take. So frustrating.

When I had the bottom bolt in, the taper that the link sits in was rotated back away from the link if that makes sense. I thought maybe the link itself was stopping it coming forwards to line up properly but that wasn't the issue.

I'm hoping it will be a bit easier when it's on a ramp as I'll be able to get a better angle and more leverage on things as opposed to sitting on the floor and trying to do it.

How come you're not changing wheels completely?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Steeda ones.

I could get the top bolt in fine and visually the bottom hole was lined up perfectly, but the bolt just wouldn't take. It would go all the way through to where the thread starts but it was maybe half a degree out meaning it wouldn't take. So frustrating.

When I had the bottom bolt in, the taper that the link sits in was rotated back away from the link if that makes sense. I thought maybe the link itself was stopping it coming forwards to line up properly but that wasn't the issue.

I'm hoping it will be a bit easier when it's on a ramp as I'll be able to get a better angle and more leverage on things as opposed to sitting on the floor and trying to do it.

How come you're not changing wheels completely?

Wheels will be changed, but no point in just chucking good tyres and intentions are to keep these wheels as winter tyres and fit the with rainsport 3 tyres or winter tyres. I shall get a summer set of wheels, probably 20" with some MPSS tyres. :)

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Thinking of getting my wheels done in anthracite:

Gotta admit I really like it!
What you guys think?
Have to say, it's one thing I'm not mad keen on with my DIB and custom pack. I didn't want black, but a gunmetal finish would be just the job.

I think it would look great on Magnetic.
Sponsored