Shelby American Teasers

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thought I’d post these here as well. Shelby American is unveiling a new car 4/18. To me it looks like the next generation of Shelby GT but maybe some of you that are more in tune with SA may know something different (and I understand that if you do know and can’t say anything to spoil the reveal). They appear to be adding more aero this time around.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Looks like another Coyote/Whipple combo with a unique bodykit wrapped around it. I'm sure the asking price will be over 100K and the performance won't be there to actually back up the expense as usual.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That was my initial thought as well. The next generation of Shelby GT/Super Snake. The additional aero is throwing me off a bit but yeah I spy what seems to be a Whipple in one of the posts. The S650 Whipple dyno numbers aren’t really much different than the Gen 3 coyote in S550 paired with a Whipple (on the Whipple tune) FWIW.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Looks like another Coyote/Whipple combo with a unique bodykit wrapped around it. I'm sure the asking price will be over 100K and the performance won't be there to actually back up the expense as usual.
But…. It’s a “Shelby” = the name = the price.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m not in the collector world at all but I can see a CSM maybe having some value in that space. To most, the juice probably isn’t worth the squeeze but I can see where some might put value in it. As we know, there’s more than a few folks here that have sent their GT/GT350/GT500 off to SA, so there’s probably some personal/sentimental value there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
There are buyers who see value attached to a bunch of catalog parts with that name on the outside of the car. I'm not one of those people despite having purchased two Shelby vehicles in a row. The car's I purchased were built by Ford though and merely licensed the name vs those build at Shelby American and I'd have still bought them if they were simply SVT or Ford Performance cars instead of Shelby's.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
That was my initial thought as well. The next generation of Shelby GT/Super Snake. The additional aero is throwing me off a bit but yeah I spy what seems to be a Whipple in one of the posts. The S650 Whipple dyno numbers aren’t really much different than the Gen 3 coyote in S550 paired with a Whipple (on the Whipple tune) FWIW.
Given that the gen 7 just came out I would think that it is still too early to be debuting a gen 7 GT500? I really hope that when it comes time to debut that model they use a modified version of the predator or voodoo engines.

Not really sure what this model could be but I think you might be right about this being possibly the next gen Shelby GT or Super Snake.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Given that the gen 7 just came out I would think that it is still too early to be debuting a gen 7 GT500? I really hope that when it comes time to debut that model they use a modified version of the predator or voodoo engines.

Not really sure what this model could be but I think you might be right about this being possibly the next gen Shelby GT or Super Snake.
This is a car from SAI not a Ford Product like the GT500 or GT350 that merely licenses the Shelby name. This will likely be based upon the GT, or at best be an upfit for the Dark Horse.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is a car from SAI not a Ford Product like the GT500 or GT350 that merely licenses the Shelby name. This will likely be based upon the GT, or at best be an upfit for the Dark Horse.
Unless Ford is no longer licensing the Shelby name for S650 (I heard that somewhere but don’t recall where, maybe here?), then I guess SA could go back to their heritage and make a GT350/GT500 from a Mustang GT.

Never even considered an up fit for the DH but I suppose that’s possible as well, particularly with all the aero considering DH is pumped up as S650’s most track capable Mustang (to date anyways).

GT500Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You need a current snake (there is none) to then offer a super snake, thus this will not be a super snake. This is a Mustang GT that Shelby will add a few parts to and jack up the price. Guaranteed the title and VIN will show that it is a Mustang GT.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
You need a current snake (there is none) to then offer a super snake, thus this will not be a super snake. This is a Mustang GT that Shelby will add a few parts to and jack up the price. Guaranteed the title and VIN will show that it is a Mustang GT.
Pretty sure they offered S550 Super Snakes well before the GT500 being built in 2020.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Pretty sure they offered S550 Super Snakes well before the GT500 being built in 2020.
That’s correct. S550 Super Snakes are GT based

GT500Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Correct, they were Mustang GTs from 2018-2020, that is when the base car for the Super Snake went from GT500s (snakes) to Mustang GTs. This is why some of us will never consider a Mustang GT car as a Super Snake. Thus, the title and VIN will show the car to be a Mustang GT.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/shelby-super-snake/
Sponsored