Sponsored

Car started SMOKING, then bucking a little, now wrench light...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Pop a quart of oil in it and see if that effects how its reading. Won’t hurt a thing and will stop all the speculation.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
is it possible that the oil level is below able to register BUT there is enough oil on the wall the diptube being transferred to the dipstick (which is not centered in the tube)? a long shot it but would fit the scenario.
It looks more to me like he's pulling it out of the tube in a way that's scraping off some of the oil.

Ultimately I don't think it's a huge concern compared to the transmission issue. But a fresh engine oil change wouldn't be a bad idea since it's going in anyway.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ain't no way your oil pan only has oil on one side of it............. Many possibilities, like it getting rubbed off on the dipstick tube on the way out, but I am confident you have a pool of oil across your entire oil pan. Is it properly filled? Who knows, but I wouldn't sweat the illusion of no oil on one side of the dip stick.

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did you ever check the oil level since it was changed? I hope it was a ford dealer.
I've checked it probably 2-3 tmies and it was fine. I haven't been concerned because I've never seen anything saying the GT500 burns a lot of oil, like the 350 did. But I guess I'll find out soon lol.

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
The car is already at the dealer so unfortunately I can't add a quart. When I started it and pulled out of the garage for the towing guys, it seemed fine, no rough idle and no wrench warning light. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow but they're busy and said 1-3 days for diagnosis.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The positive is you got it in to them quickly.

The car is already at the dealer so unfortunately I can't add a quart. When I started it and pulled out of the garage for the towing guys, it seemed fine, no rough idle and no wrench warning light. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow but they're busy and said 1-3 days for diagnosis.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I would guess Ford uses any and all info to deternine eligibility for warranty replacement of major components. Be careful what you post. It may bite you in the ass. If you think they don't look in the threads here, I have a bridge to sell you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How do you have all that and then try to deny a claim because the car was tracked once?
Depending on if it is the original warranty or ESP makes a real difference. Somewhere around 2020 Ford changed it's definition of racing.

Don't give them any reason to deny.

The positive is you got it in to them quickly
I don't know, maybe should have blown it up completely. Then there is no reason to top it off......

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
There are others who thought the same thing and Ford never paid. There is a thread here that is pretty long and the owner was denied for tracking his car. Granted, he had a roll cage and decals on it. Best of luck

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If I was a dealer, I'd have my techs check the threads............. Might be a good idea to delete this thread, especially those roasted tires.

Good Luck!
I work at a dealer. I don't think any techs are checking mustang threads, and honestly most techs do not care much about your warranty to dig that far in. Sure they would rather do non warranty work as it pays a lot more, but most of them are car guys. If anything they get pressure put on them by the warranty department to report things that may lead to a warranty denial. But I seriously doubt any tech is going to do any research outside of what they can see on the car (They don't get paid to do any extra). That would be the warranty people either at the dealership or ford corporate who would care. I highly doubt they would dig through forums though.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I don't know, maybe should have blown it up completely. Then there is no reason to top it off......
That was my thought. Call the service advisor, tell them the wrench light came on. Don't tell them about any issues. They will say to drive it to the dealer. You do a nice long drive and hope the transmission blows. Call a tow truck and have it towed in if it doesn't make it.

Then they can't say that its fine to top off the fluid and fix the leak haha.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Why? The dealer gets paid to service the vehicle, not send techs on fishing expeditions. I’m gonna ask my buddy that’s a master tech for ford. He should have a doosie of a resonse for that.
Yep techs definitely don't get paid to sift through forums...

The warranty people at the dealership or ford corporate may have incentives to do it but I highly doubt they actually do. If they want it denied that bad they will just make up some bs.