JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
The Mach 1 doesn't have a sound tube
UPS nvm then BUT My 2014 GT had it I even removed the foam insert to hear that coyote sucking that air in.
Sponsored

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I like to ponder the great mysteries of life. Those grand questions which have occupied scholars, theologians and philosophers since time immemorial. Is there a God? Are we alone in the universe? Have you ever taken a dump so big, you needed a nap afterward?

But the one that bounced around in my head as I was installing a Steeda sound tube delete kit in my Mustang was, "WHY IN THE NAME OF ZEUS' BUTTHOLE IS THE LAST MILE ALWAYS THE LONGEST?!"

I started at the front of the tube and worked my way rearward, undoing connections as I went. The air duct port came off fine. So did the pushpin holding the tube to the shock tower. You know where this is going. Long story short, I had the entire airbox out of the car and used a pair of vise grips to worry the stud holding the back end of the sound tube off the firewall. A ten-minute job took me an hour, most of it fighting with that firewall stud.

I'm really sick of this "Hey, f*ck you, Mr. Auto Mechanic! Go eat a bag of d*cks!" attitude the car companies have toward maintenance. I mean, it's bad enough the Germans do it ("'Repair?' Vhat do you mean 'repair?' Ach, just buy ze new car, you peasant!'") but Ford should know better.

This Design For Assembly Repair Be Damned nonsense is unacceptable.

C-WOODS-70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 A-Code coupe, '67 A-Code coupe, '22 GT PP 6MT
I like to ponder the great mysteries of life. Those grand questions which have occupied scholars, theologians and philosophers since time immemorial. Is there a God? Are we alone in the universe? Have you ever taken a dump so big, you needed a nap afterward?

But the one that bounced around in my head as I was installing a Steeda sound tube delete kit in my Mustang was, "WHY IN THE NAME OF ZEUS' BUTTHOLE IS THE LAST MILE ALWAYS THE LONGEST?!"

I started at the front of the tube and worked my way rearward, undoing connections as I went. The air duct port came off fine. So did the pushpin holding the tube to the shock tower. You know where this is going. Long story short, I had the entire airbox out of the car and used a pair of vise grips to worry the stud holding the back end of the sound tube off the firewall. A ten-minute job took me an hour, most of it fighting with that firewall stud.

I'm really sick of this "Hey, f*ck you, Mr. Auto Mechanic! Go eat a bag of d*cks!" attitude the car companies have toward maintenance. I mean, it's bad enough the Germans do it ("'Repair?' Vhat do you mean 'repair?' Ach, just buy ze new car, you peasant!'") but Ford should know better.

This Design For Assembly Repair Be Damned nonsense is unacceptable.
Or you could plug it like this, reconnect the tube, and save yourself the above headaches.

IMG_0914.JPG

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, but the deed's done.

Doesn't really sound any different, which is good.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Or you could plug it like this, reconnect the tube, and save yourself the above headaches.

I did a similar thing using a rubber stopper. Sound tube still in place but non-functioning.

It can be reversed, if needed.

CVCashmere
Sponsored