Sponsored

Handling package - Adjustable strut top mounts?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
@jmn444 I've been back and forth with my selling dealer about this recently. I live in NC, bought the car new out of state from a dealer in Iowa. Took it to Mooresville, NC Ford before going to VIR, they said "we can't do the performance alignment, because you don't have the plates installed." Selling dealer isn't being very responsive. Do I have these plates or not? Photos below.
IMG_2937.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg
That is identical to mine. That is NOT HP setup.

20240215_131833.jpg

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
are you saying those two pics are showing the same part?? because they are def not....
You have no pins protruding through the empty holes.
What does your window sticker show, HP option or no HP option?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
pins thru the empty holes???

that other pic isn't my car, but if you look at what's in the opening where the top of the strut goes thru, then you will notice that your strut mount is significantly different than the one that the other guy posted. watch the video link i sent. yours and his are 100% NOT the same.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
pins thru the empty holes???

that other pic isn't my car, but if you look at what's in the opening where the top of the strut goes thru, then you will notice that your strut mount is significantly different than the one that the other guy posted. watch the video link i sent. yours and his are 100% NOT the same.
You purchased the car new. What does the window sticker say? HP or not?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Mine says HP, and I have the correct plates. Watch the video, then come back and tell me how yours and his are the same please.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
hint: his match mine, but do not match yours.
Missed that you are not the poster asking. This would not be a drawn out question if he would look at his window sticker.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
Missed that you are not the poster asking. This would not be a drawn out question if he would look at his window sticker.
In 2019 the adjustable strut top mounts for the GT350Rs, and the GT350s with the handling package, were FIA. They were mailed separately to the selling dealer and could be installed by the dealer as part of the price of the vehicle if requested by the buyer. This issue is unique to the GT350, and unique to the 2019 model year. Itā€™s not solved by looking at the window sticker.

Most dealers and buyers didnā€™t even know the adjustable strut top mounts were sent separately and many of them never made it anywhere near the car they belonged to.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
It would also not be long drawn out if you weren't adding in misinformation about which style of top mount is adjustable and which is not. Watch the vid, learn something.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
In 2019 the adjustable strut top mounts for the GT350Rs, and the GT350s with the handling package, were FIA. They were mailed separately to the selling dealer and could be installed by the dealer as part of the price of the vehicle if requested by the buyer. This issue is unique to the GT350, and unique to the 2019 model year. Itā€™s not solved by looking at the window sticker.

Most dealers and buyers didnā€™t even know the adjustable strut top mounts were sent separately and many of them never made it anywhere near the car they belonged to.
I should never have responded to this thread. It came as an email notification and I automatically assumed this was the Mach 1 forum. My apologies to all.