Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
I had a check engine light come on during my HPDE, interestingly enough I didn't experience limp mode but the code on my ngauge read: "transmission overtemperature condition". I was doing 15 minute sessions with 45 minute cool downs. This was even after an extra hour cool down for lunch. Ambient temp was 70 degrees at the time (end of the day). I ran 4-5 times total.

I wasn't able to order my car and had to buy off dealer showroom, its a tech pack. I still would have ordered the tech pack most likely. In my opinion the 350 (even tech pack) should be able to handle the HPDE but I know many of you disagree. I would have never thought of tracking the car heavily hence not wanting the track pack but now that I have, I need to do more. One way or another I'll have a 350 with coolers because I'm addicted now.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah thats it. IM A TROLL! Is limpmode real? yes. Has it happened on the track? yes. When driven on puplic road ways, under what conditions is limp mode being triggered? Has it been documented? Well? Has it?? Isnt that how you build a case?
Speaking as someone who had my car go into limp mode on the street without me breaking the law in it, I do get tired of posts like this. I did post about what happened in the past, and several other people have as well.

I understand, you have decided that you will ignore us. That's fine. It bothers me, but being ignored by Ford and the dealer bothers me more.

I do appreciate that Ford made a solution available and actually fairly reasonable in price. I was able to buy a transmission with cooler after having the car for about 16 months. I wish I could have a warranty on it, but I guess that's too much to ask.

In my opinion the 350 (even tech pack) should be able to handle the HPDE but I know many of you disagree. I would have never thought of tracking the car heavily hence not wanting the track pack but now that I have, I need to do more. One way or another I'll have a 350 with coolers because I'm addicted now.
I know I made the wrong decision on which car to buy, because I planned to go to the track 2-3 times a year when I purchased the car. I knew I probably wouldn't be comfortable in the Recaros, so I bought the tech pack. 99% of my time is on the street, after all. It only makes sense to have a comfortable seat in my car. I figured I could buy a pair of custom made seats for the road course for about $1,000 that will work much better than the factory Recaros anyway. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have bought a track pack car and swapped out the seats for daily driving. That would have been so much easier than what I've been through - and no warranty issues. The literature from Ford really tricked me. I thought no way would the GT350 tech pack be less track capable than a base Mustang GT.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
How many people have cameras strapped to their head during a typical drive on a roadway; just incase this is the time it goes into limp mode.

Another point is that last summer was the first hot period that people jad these cars. I myself didnt have access to mine last summer because i was deployed, so i am coming into the hotter days for the first time.

I havent claimed mine has gone into limp on the street; but i am honestly concerned about it.

One thing i will say is of does goes into limp mode on the street i will post it here and you will most likely doubt it.
OK. lets be logical. All last summer not one person other than one, who successfully lemoned his/her car, documented this? took it into the dealer? escalated the matter and made a case? Instead a CLALS is the fix versus dialogue with the manufacturer to remedy the concern? Did you accept that your car went into limpmode and did nothing about it? I can personally say if I had this happen to me tech or track I would be at the dealer raising hell. I haven't called anyone a liar, I don't believe I have disrespected anyone here nor do I believe I am wasting anyone's time by adding a different perspective to the conversation. Oh an Lemers, I understand your situation is different and empathize. Been their done that. My comments are not directed to you specifically but to the majority of owners living in the states.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Speaking as someone who had my car go into limp mode on the street without me breaking the law in it, I do get tired of posts like this. I did post about what happened in the past, and several other people have as well.

I understand, you have decided that you will ignore us. That's fine. It bothers me, but being ignored by Ford and the dealer bothers me more.
index.jpg

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Hack,

I think you may have misunderstood my point. It is not that I do not believe that limp mode has not happened on the street. Rather, why have those with the issue taken this lying down? Life normally does not provide us with resolution unless we make them ourselves. My opinion is that those with the problem should have already established a case with Ford. The system works! I have used it, succeeded and so have many others on this forum.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack,

I think you may have misunderstood my point. It is not that I do not believe that limp mode has not happened on the street. Rather, why have those with the issue taken this lying down? Life normally does not provide us with resolution unless we make them ourselves. My opinion is that those with the problem should have already established a case with Ford. The system works! I have used it, succeeded and so have many others on this forum.
I get it. You don't understand why I suck so much. ;) Me either.

It may be hard to tell from my posts on here, but I'm a very mild mannered guy. I have neither the disposition nor the desire to argue and fight with the dealers or Ford that much. I had a case and my regional manager from Ford stopped answering my calls. The dealership refused to look at my car. Yes I could have done more fighting with people, but I didn't.

I'm spending my "spare" time fixing the car. I actually enjoy turning wrenches; whereas I despise arguing with people. I'm sure the factory parts are good quality and I will live without a warranty. I'm glad Ford is being sued because in my opinion they deserve to pay a price for what they did. I'm moving on though. I don't care if I gain anything from the suit or if the value of my car is impacted.

I can say this will enter my mind big time with my future decisions about who services my cars and whether I buy another new car from Ford in my lifetime.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I get it. You don't understand why I suck so much. ;) Me either.

It may be hard to tell from my posts on here, but I'm a very mild mannered guy. I have neither the disposition nor the desire to argue and fight with the dealers or Ford that much. I had a case and my regional manager from Ford stopped answering my calls. The dealership refused to look at my car. Yes I could have done more fighting with people, but I didn't.

I'm spending my "spare" time fixing the car. I actually enjoy turning wrenches; whereas I despise arguing with people. I'm sure the factory parts are good quality and I will live without a warranty. I'm glad Ford is being sued because in my opinion they deserve to pay a price for what they did. I'm moving on though. I don't care if I gain anything from the suit or if the value of my car is impacted.

I can say this will enter my mind big time with my future decisions about who services my cars and whether I buy another new car from Ford in my lifetime.
I can sympathize. I understand that normally, installing components to a car after purchase are not covered under warranty. However!!! If the FP xmsn kit is purchased and installed at a dealer, why would it not be covered under warranty? What is the stand alone warranty for the FP kit?

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I can sympathize. I understand that normally, installing components to a car after purchase are not covered under warranty. However!!! If the FP xmsn kit is purchased and installed at a dealer, why would it not be covered under warranty? What is the stand alone warranty for the FP kit?
Here's a link; I believe it's changed, although my memory isn't perfect. It used to say something about off road use and no warranty. If true, it might keep the warranty - but I'm not a lawyer.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7000-M8S

Last edited:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I have hit limp mode once on the street so far. It was in traffic and going up a mountain pass on the 15 freeway in Southern California. It was typically warm. I did some spirited driving in the mountains yesterday and did not hit limp mode. The outside temperature ranged from high 40's to low 50's. I also have the Shelby trans scoop installed. My transmission temp hovered around 236 degrees most of the time. I suspect with a warmer outside temp things would have gotten a lot hotter. 236 is quite a bit warmer than the 160 I hear track and r cars run at.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Here's a link; I believe it's changed, although my memory isn't perfect. It used to say something about off road use and no warranty. If true, it might keep the warranty - but I'm not a lawyer.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7000-M8S
I see! The replacement ford performance kit transmission does not carry a warranty. By installing this transmission from Ford performance you void no other warranty on the vehicle. In fact you still have a warranty coverage on the transmission you remove. I'm willing to bet that if you have that transmission replaced with FP part and ever have an issue with the transmission that it will be serviced with no questions asked. Unless the same dealer performing the service install the transmission in that case your ass out of luck. Play the game play the system

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How many people have cameras strapped to their head during a typical drive on a roadway; just incase this is the time it goes into limp mode.

Another point is that last summer was the first hot period that people jad these cars. I myself didnt have access to mine last summer because i was deployed, so i am coming into the hotter days for the first time.

I havent claimed mine has gone into limp on the street; but i am honestly concerned about it.

One thing i will say is of does goes into limp mode on the street i will post it here and you will most likely doubt it.
If you have a problem with the way the system works talk to your legislature who makes the law.

Last time I checked ALL courts require evidence. Especially when you are asking a judge for 6 or 7 figures worth of damages (money/repairs whatever it may be and attorney's fees). Dont prove your case, no matter how right or wrong you actually are, you get notta. The person bringing the claim carries the burden to prove their case with evidence.

So by your legal "theory" if I simply write I just won a million dollars in the lottery over and over on a few internet forum, and speak it publicly or in court, it must be presumed true without any further documentary evidence? :shrug:

But again, limp on the street is not addressed in the lawsuit so it's beating a dead horse as it will not be addressed on any level in any possible settlement if not raised as in issue. If you get limp on the street it is an issue for the dealership to look into.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a problem with the way the system works talk to your legislature who makes the law.

Last time I checked ALL courts require evidence. Especially when you are asking a judge for 6 or 7 figures worth of damages (money/repairs whatever it may be and attorney's fees). Dont prove your case, no matter how right or wrong you actually are, you get notta. The person bringing the claim carries the burden to prove their case with evidence.

So by your legal "theory" if I simply write I just won a million dollars in the lottery over and over on a few internet forum, and speak it publicly or in court, it must be presumed true without any further documentary evidence? :shrug:

But again, limp on the street is not addressed in the lawsuit so it's beating a dead horse as it will not be addressed on any level in any possible settlement if not raised as in issue. If you get limp on the street it is an issue for the dealership to look into.
Dont use my quotes to go off on your tangents

I wasnt stating any legal theriors. I was answering someones questions concernong why more videos havent came out.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dont use my quotes to go off on your tangents.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was answering someones questions concerning why more videos havent came out.
Yes in your self-serving slanted interests. There are enough dash cams out there that if it was that wide spread on one of the 6,000 or so people with a 16 base/tech would have caught it. No camera strapped to head needed.

It couldn't POSSIBLY be because it's simply not happening that frequently/to some cars at all on the street though right? :rolleyes:

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
Hey I think I'm pretty mild mannered and reasonable too! So I'll take a different approach, hope for some helpful advice from elite posters.

I have a 2016 tech, which I absolutely love to pieces (even with the rattling shifter in second and the loud piston slap and the weird panel gaps and the kind of shitty radio and some of the other nits people have already beaten to death). I've never had so much continuous sustained enjoyment from a car, the wide power band allows for fun at all sorts of speeds, and the handling blows away my last beemer. It also looks super awesome and my boys think it's the super coolest thing ever.

All I wanted, had no reason otherwise to expect was not possible, and still want is to be able to go up to VIR for 1-2 HPDE weekends per year as a novice, for a couple years, get my feet. . My first and only time so far was at the BMW HPDE at VIR last fall, had limp mode before the end of each 20 min run, not using the engine to break the car, etc, usu around the 17-18 min mark.

I've read a bunch of posts in various forum threads, aware of some of the DIY solutions people have posted, and aware some have just swapped out the entire transmission, which I believe in all cases negates warranty? (not 100% sure on the latter but it seems several said that this so).

So, my first thought, since my track needs are still modest, was to put on the cooler scoop that Ford advertised. I've purchased but not installed it -- now having second thoughts b/c some people have seemed to report it's actually useless. I'm thinking of still doing it anyway, and maybe also changing out the transmission fluid for another brand that supposedly has a higher heat capacity. Then maybe these two relatively minor changes might get me those two or so extra laps at HPDE without limp mode?

I've also been considering the full tranny swap, but the warranty negation gets my craw.

If I can just get those two extra laps at HPDE for next two years with the scoop and high capacity tran fluid, and pray that my differential doesn't melt in the mean time, maybe a more reasonable and fair solution will be offered by Ford eventually, lawsuit or not?

Are these dumb thoughts?

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
I love my '16 tech! I wanted the seats, electronics. First hpde it went limp in six laps. I went home and ordered the parts and added trans and diff coolers. Three days to install the parts. 5 tracks days and 11,000mi later it still runs great. $2000 in parts and never looked back. That said I'm in Florida. It took six laps on a 2 mile track to cause the fun limiter to wake up. That's twelve miles on a public road at 5000- 8200 rpm.Thats 173 mph in fifth gear. Do that and a hot transmission would save you and everybody else from your own stupidity.
Good luck with your case.
Dear Screamer, is there any chance you could share more info on what parts you ordered and where/how they were installed (yourself, private mech, dealer)? If you've already posted this somewhere, could you post the link?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.