Clutch pedal vibration at higher rpms update

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Where do you plan to have your GT examined next? It may be worth the out of pocket cost to have an independent shop take a look and tell you what is wrong but do no repairs. Then, go and visit another dealer and compare results.

Sounds like a powertrain warranty claim to me. Any Ford tech or personnel who states that it is "normal" clutch behavior is truly being disingenuous.
Yea i agree, I will take schedule a diagnostic outside the dealer. Do you know of any reputable shops in our area?

I thought the same. I have always given the dealership great reviews when Ford contacts me. Kinda felt like I was being pushed off.
Sponsored

jester1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost - Base, Oxford White, 6MT
Actually, I live right next door to Sacramento now. (Atwater is/was home.) But, I would definitely recommend Razzari Ford/Mazda in Merced. Took my 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protégé for repairs there a few times. They actually found and fixed a vacuum leak that troubled me for a couple of years.

Kind of funny but you could say my EcoBoost is my "Mazdaspeed 3" since it uses the same block, It was really the sole reason I purchased an EcoBoost Mustang. Anyways...

You'll now what your next move will be depending on the response(s) you receive from the next Ford dealer. But, I don't see how you can possibly determine a mechanical problem without inspecting the actual parts.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I'm wondering if this issue was ever figured out. My car started doing the pedal vibration thing on and off a week or two ago, mostly after flogging it a bit. After it cooled down (or something) the pedal engagement became smooth again. This morning it started doing it all the time. It's friggin annoying!

As much as it's considered poor practice to revive an old thread, I think it's better to do that than start a whole new discussion since at least all the discussion will be in one place. Then again, the 50-70 vibe thread has gotten so out of hand as to be unusable for research.

John

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I still have it with 16k miles. I have noticed the grab in each gear has gotten softer over time mainly first. I am convinced it is clutch related more than likely the flywheel. Just waiting for it to fail so I can upgrade. Still might be the pilot bearing/tob idk.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm wondering if this issue was ever figured out. My car started doing the pedal vibration thing on and off a week or two ago, mostly after flogging it a bit. After it cooled down (or something) the pedal engagement became smooth again. This morning it started doing it all the time. It's friggin annoying!

As much as it's considered poor practice to revive an old thread, I think it's better to do that than start a whole new discussion since at least all the discussion will be in one place. Then again, the 50-70 vibe thread has gotten so out of hand as to be unusable for research.

John
You running a stock clutch?

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Works fine for street use with the Whipple.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Gave up on it and put in a Mantic. Vibration gone.