From v4 to v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
The "member-comparisons" in this thread are beyond stupid.

There's more than one way to build a wicked hot rod. Most of us here probably prefer the V8 method but anyone who discounts boosted 4 and 6 cylinder machines (or electrics for that matter) is a fool.

IMO, if you're a real "car guy" (or gal) you can appreciate all kinds of machines that go fast.

How many ecoBOOM threads have you seen vs coyoteBOOM threads????? Need I say more?
Seriously? Where were you in 2011-2012?
Guys with early tunes were frying the #8 cylinder all over the place.

The Coyote has had a few years to mature...the Ecoboost is just getting there now.
Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Do you know anything about cars??? Displacement doesn't mean a thing? Really??? Try adding 8 pounds of boost to your little 4 banger. What would that get you? About 260WHP? Try adding 8 pounds of boost to a Much larger displacement V8. What do you get? 550-600WHP? Come on kid just stop. I've did both types of engines. Your doing things the hard way with the 4 bangers.
Actually, our ecoboosts make around 260WHP stock (which is around 18psi). :lol:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I respect the small displacement cars. There really is no replacement for displacement in the end though. I've just always looked at sport compacts as a hobby for people. I think if someone expected to be able to outrun all comparably modded V8's they would be unrealistic. But, if they're just trying to see what they can get out of a small engine and enjoying it, then why not? Modding V8's is hobby too though, I guess. And they'll never be as fast as a funny car, etc. There's always something a notch above.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Actually, our ecoboosts make around 260WHP stock (which is around 18psi). :lol:
Are you bragging about that?:doh::lol: IS it the 260WHP or the 18psi that's supposed to be impressive?

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The way some of you defend your choice of car..... it's like you hang your indentity and sense of self worth on how big your V8 is or how fast your turbo I4 is. Sheesh....who cares....mod your car and have fun.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The way some of you defend your choice of car..... it's like you hang your indentity and sense of self worth on how big your V8 is or how fast your turbo I4 is. Sheesh....who cares....mod your car and have fun.
Nobody is defending anything. The OP asked a question of people that have owned both V4? and V8s. I've owned both. The difference was. My 4 banger broke twice a season for various problems. My coyote has been rock solid. And I've probably made more passes on the coyote. You cant have fun if your always broke and in the shop. It's also no fun constantly wrenching on your car. For problems like lose hose clamps and changing spark plugs all the time. Due to spark blow out. With the coyote. You put gas in and go.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I think we are done here. Closed mindedness looks like one of your strong suits. Not to mention all the blanket statements you just made in your last post. A LOT of Mustang drivers are pure douchebags. Looks like I just found another one.
In all fairness, you were the one spewing out nonsense to validate your ecoboner.

Last edited:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Agreed 100%

Are you bragging about that?:doh::lol: IS it the 260WHP or the 18psi that's supposed to be impressive?
I think he was making fun of your shitty math. :clap2:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Says that guy with 380hp Evo a V4 lol.
Honestly if you had a 380hp EVO why are you even looking at Mustangs. They will not satisfy you unless you drop big money.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Really...? 550$ (used SCT tuner $250 + Flex tune/e85 tune, $300) will put his Mustang beyond where his Evo was, aside from a little less torque maybe. Weight difference between the EVO and S550 (depending on trim) is only around a 200lb difference so the Mustang will probably still feel faster. It's just the initial launch that will be different because coming from AWD to RWD with 400whp is completely different. I was so frustrated the past few times at the track. You can get away with street tires and bouncing off LC in and AWD car, not in a Mustang though... takes some practice thats for sure.

Last edited:

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
My Switch

Ive been lurking around the forums on here and I think I will soon be coming over to the muscle side lol I currently drive a 2013 evo x gsr full bolt ons on e85 and make 380 uncorrected to the wheels. I am looking at a 2017 mustang gt with perf package in black and just wanted to hear about those who have made the switch from an evo or another platform. Does anyone have any regrets about switching over? I personally feel like its time for a change and with the amount of money I've spent on the evo x i feel like the stand would be way faster. Their is no track where I live so the car will be used for the drag strip and weekend fun. Even though the evo handles amazing, I feel like there is still something missing and need more power. Thanks guys:D
I went from a 2012 VW GTI with light bolt ons to my 2016 GT PP. I can tell you hands down the power delivery is so much more fun as is, and only gets better the more you do mods.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I went from a 2012 VW GTI with light bolt ons to my 2016 GT PP. I can tell you hands down the power delivery is so much more fun as is, and only gets better the more you do mods.
After I hit my 1000 mile break in on my Mustang, I went to wind it to redline finally, I couldn't stop giggling like a little girl. It pulls completely different from a turbo 2.0/2.5 4cyl. 3500-redline it just steadily pulls and pulls more the further you go. Turbos you get the initial hit then it kind of goes linear then dies off around 6k RPM, unless you go with a bigger turbo.

OP
OP

Leroy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evoX
Says that guy with 380hp Evo a V4 lol.
Honestly if you had a 380hp EVO why are you even looking at Mustangs. They will not satisfy you unless you drop big money.
So your telling me my 380hp evo x is way more satisfying then a full bolt on coyote on e85 ???:crazy: I enjoy all cars and platforms and even tho the evo is great it's not the best car in the world and feel like trying something different ..

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
So your telling me my 380hp evo x is way more satisfying then a full bolt on coyote on e85 ???:crazy: I enjoy all cars and platforms and even tho the evo is great it's not the best car in the world and feel like trying something different ..
Ya, ain't no way. A FBO +E85 GT is making 460-470whp (PER THE DYNO OK, LOL).

I guess my definition of a FBO GT would be =
LT Headers/exhaust
Intake
Intake Manifold (CJ/GT350)
e85 tune
47lb injectors

My buddy has a 2015 EVO X and at the time was FMIC, test pipe, all that stuff, pro tune (26psi) on 93 (360whp). I was bone stock and I was slowly pulling him on 50-60mph rolls. To be fair, he is a good 230 and his wife is probably 160-170lb and his 80lb son was in the car too and it was only me in my car (Base 6spd PP).

How many GT's do you see our your way? I'm assuming you are in the land of AWD. Maybe go to your region on the forum and see if anyone is willing to let you ride/try their modded GT.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.