Sponsored

Oil Drain valves.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I doubt it matters, youre talking all of 3/16 of an inch.

You never REALLY get every drop of the old oil out anyway from the entire system.
Sponsored

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok how about a recap link. Which one and where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
My lightly scuffed Fumoto is just sitting on a shelf. If anyone wants it for $20 shipped PM me.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
Did an oil change on the ecoboost and decided to take a picture and some measurements. A Femco valve might fit but could be tight. It is about 1.5" diameter, could somebody measure the outside diameter of the Femco that sits against the pan?
DSC_0021.JPG

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I installed a right angle Femco valve. It can be tilted down for better drainage and then swung back up out of the way. Expensive but saves me time under the Mustang.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did an oil change on the ecoboost and decided to take a picture and some measurements. A Femco valve might fit but could be tight. It is about 1.5" diameter, could somebody measure the outside diameter of the Femco that sits against the pan?
I believe the Femco will fit. BUT since the base of the Femco is the hex you tighten it onto the pan with, you need enough enough width for the socket that goes on the Femco. A compact small base valve takes a 22mm socket to install. So grab that size socket (thin wall if you have one) and see if it fits. Based on the pic, I think it won't be a problem.

Reminder to all: always use the lower torque number between the male and female threads. Factory specs do that for you. So the factory drain torque spec is the lower of the pan and the factory drain plug. But that is HIGHER than Femco's torque spec.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I installed a right angle Femco valve. It can be tilted down for better drainage and then swung back up out of the way. Expensive but saves me time under the Mustang.
Do you mean Fumoto SX series valve? I don't think Femco makes a right angle valve and it wouldn't make sense for them to.

Fumto developed the right angle valve because of issues with the lever tower hitting obstructions while installing or the tower ending up in an inconvenient spot when tightened since its at the mercy of where the pan threads start.

The SX still extends farther from the pan than a Femco.

If you ARE talking about the Fumoto SX, I wouldn't recommend rotating it every oil change. The rotating part is supposed to be locked in place during installation. To rotate it for an oil change would involve either never tightening it or stressing the o-ring by repeated tightening with a wrench for each change.

If you are rotating it just to aim the oil flow, leave it locked in place and put a hose on the end to aim the oil flow.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
It was a Fumoto SX rt angle valve.

Sorry, I am terrible at remembering similar brand names. It WAS a Fumoto SX right angle valve. I don't have a lift and got sprayed by oil the first two times I changed the oil. There is no way to slow down the outflow when unscrewing the OEM plug. With the SX, which came with a poly hose that allows me to correctly aim the oil flow into a catch pan...no oil on me or the floor.
The SX is longer but still is quite protected up against the oil pan.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
After going through this thread, I went with the femco setup, compact version with dust cap and drain hose.

I'm normally an avid user of Fumoto valves, but with the design of this one, I think the clearance will be the greatest advantage. I'll probably put a Fumoto valve on my Mazda 6 though since it's more of a 55 degree angle.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just a small question to those who purchased the Femco plug, does it comes with a dust cap? Nowhere in the product description on their website says whether it does, and the US site even has a checkbox to the dust cap as an add-on purchase when view the valve product page.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just a small question to those who purchased the Femco plug, does it comes with a dust cap? Nowhere in the product description on their website says whether it does, and the US site even has a checkbox to the dust cap as an add-on purchase when view the valve product page.
Mine did come with the dust cap which is also a second barrier against leaks in the unlikely case the valve itself didn't seal.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Mine did come with the dust cap which is also a second barrier against leaks in the unlikely case the valve itself didn't seal.
Awesome, thanks! Great info btw, gonna put down an order tonight.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
[MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION] did you ever hear back from Aeroquip? I'm thinking this one might work?
Aeroquip FBM3137
Male Half M12 x 1.75 Thread 1.52in.x.96in. 1-1/16 Hex Size
And of course the female half as well.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeroquip/023/FBM3137/10002/-1

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy did you ever hear back from Aeroquip? I'm thinking this one might work?
Aeroquip FBM3137
Male Half M12 x 1.75 Thread 1.52in.x.96in. 1-1/16 Hex Size
And of course the female half as well.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeroquip/023/FBM3137/10002/-1
Never heard back from them. I will try again. They don't list any phone number, email address or even a mailing address just a web page to enter a question and tell them where to send the answer.

That is the only part number that COULD work (only M12 x 1.75). Would be nice if we could get a thread length from them for non horizontal applications (like the 2015-2017 GTs - not sure about 2018 since it has a new pan).

I do see where they use a gasket and state you must use their minimum torque value which I think is higher than the pan's torque number but not by much.

The Femcos use some kind of brass washer instead of a gasket. Don't know if that matters since I don't see any reason to ever remove the valve once its installed in the pan.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Thanks for the reply...I will try on my end to find out the thread length.
Edit: Dumb question but is what we are looking for the 1.52" x .96" part of the description in what I stated above?
I ask because I know the M12 part is outside diameter of the thread and the 1.75 is the thread pitch which is how far does one complete turn travel...but I don't know what the dimensions listed in inches above are for.
Sponsored

Last edited: