Chemical Guys?

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
If you're going to say something like that, then recommend an alternative. What is this other better quality stuff for cheaper? that would be helpful to know.

Back on topic, I've used various stuff they offer for interior and exterior. I really like their Maxi suds II for washing the exterior. While their stuff is more expensive than stuff you find at Auto Zone, IMO it is slightly better. Other brands that are as good or as better will cost more.
Why sure, shine supply, Adams polishes, griots, meguiars, mezerna, 3D, collinite, just to name a few, all carry better products for similar price or cheaper that last longer and do more. I'm not the only detailer that thinks chemical guys is junk for the most part. About 99% of real detailers will say the same. Sure they have some decent products but it's all name. They pretend to spend all this money on R&D but really there money goes to a marketing scheme to suck people in on buying their relabeled stuff that someone else came up with which I must admit, it works very well.. I promise you that you try any of those brands above, use the soap, compounds, polish, wax, sealant, tire cleaner, tire shine, interior cleaner, whatever you want to try in any of those brands and it will be better then chemical guys and probably cheaper.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Guys this is checkers not chess.

I've used just about all the brands mentioned in the thread and they are more similar than different.

The Chemical Guys stuff while not game changing.... is good, and if you buy it correctly it's well priced.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Guys this is checkers not chess.

I've used just about all the brands mentioned in the thread and they are more similar than different.

The Chemical Guys stuff while not game changing.... is good, and if you buy it correctly it's well priced.
Yea their soaps, interior cleaner, wheel cleaner, tire shine, air fresheners are decent, but who wants to wait to purchase correctly when they can go buy any of the top professional brands at anytime for a better price. As far as their actual detail products go, paint correction compounds, polish, waxes, sealants, detail sprays,leather conditioner, DA machines, they are no match for the big names and cost more. People that actually care for their vehicles or that detail professionally will find that chemical guys isn't the best choice.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
ive been using mazerna in work mostly there compound and it works really well ive been a 3m guy for 10 yrs. i still use 3, stage 2 and 3 though .

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I also use...

Aerospace 303 for exterior plastic trim

Cockpit Premium for interior cleaning (you can use it on everything from the display to the dash to leather seats, it leaves no residue at all)

Chemical Guys VRP for tires

Also, if it's your first wash in awhile you might want to clay bar it.

After I wax the car, I usually wipe it down with Griots Detail Spray which IMO is one of the best detail sprays on the market.

Sponsored

Lurad21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
i used chem guys for a bit. I liked some of there stuff. Their Wheel Guard is good.

Their waxes last maybe 3 weeks. Detailers maybe 3 days.

Honestly, buy Maguires. They have some great prodcut thats not all that expensive. In fact i used Maguires paste wax (not the cleaning one) and their wipe and dry wax detailer. It last so much longer then chem guys, and the shine is right there. But use what you think is best for YOU.

If your looking for good products, go on youtube and look at what the pro detailers use. Most of them dont use chemical guys at all. Id say a good 80% of them use maguires.
This.....meguiars better deal and excellent quality. Chemical guys is about brand name. Unless you get a great deal on chemical guys you can do much better price/quality with meguiars.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I'm not a pro and been out of the car care scene for awhile but just getting back into it. My buddy is a die hard CG's fan so I've been using it myself. Nice stuff but I wouldnt know any better. So all the people saying CG's is rebranded put your cards on the table, who makes it for them??????

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I use CG for things like towels, applicators, microfiber polishing cloths (even have one of their buckets :D), in my experience, they've been terrific and priced right.

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Why sure, shine supply, Adams polishes, griots, meguiars, mezerna, 3D, collinite, just to name a few, all carry better products for similar price or cheaper that last longer and do more. I'm not the only detailer that thinks chemical guys is junk for the most part. About 99% of real detailers will say the same. Sure they have some decent products but it's all name. They pretend to spend all this money on R&D but really there money goes to a marketing scheme to suck people in on buying their relabeled stuff that someone else came up with which I must admit, it works very well.. I promise you that you try any of those brands above, use the soap, compounds, polish, wax, sealant, tire cleaner, tire shine, interior cleaner, whatever you want to try in any of those brands and it will be better then chemical guys and probably cheaper.
Where are you getting your information from? I've met Paul many times, and have worked with most of their staff on various projects as well. Jeremy, Jennifer, even Alex and Greg - back when both were still there. I'll admit that the relationship I have with them does make me a little biased. But your claims man...I just know they're not true. For example, you seem to be adamant that they relabel their own stuff? I'm not too familiar with business but last time I checked, a company who relabels their own products, does not have their own manufacturing plant in their own headquarters. Chemical Guys does. I also know that Chemical Guys manufactures a lot of product for a lot of other people because they provide that service. Just google their private label service. As a matter of fact, one of the companies you've listed (I will not mention who) is manufactured by Chemical Guys using their formula. Yet, you're claiming that they're better? I dunno man, I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything like that but your claims against CG makes it feel like you might've just had a bad experience with CG and that's why you're trying your best to push people away from them.

:shrug:

Sponsored

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Where are you getting your information from? I've met Paul many times, and have worked with most of their staff on various projects as well. Jeremy, Jennifer, even Alex and Greg - back when both were still there. I'll admit that the relationship I have with them does make me a little biased. But your claims man...I just know they're not true. For example, you seem to be adamant that they relabel their own stuff? I'm not too familiar with business but last time I checked, a company who relabels their own products, does not have their own manufacturing plant in their own headquarters. Chemical Guys does. I also know that Chemical Guys manufactures a lot of product for a lot of other people because they provide that service. Just google their private label service. As a matter of fact, one of the companies you've listed (I will not mention who) is manufactured by Chemical Guys using their formula. Yet, you're claiming that they're better? I dunno man, I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything like that but your claims against CG makes it feel like you might've just had a bad experience with CG and that's why you're trying your best to push people away from them.

:shrug:

Nope never had a bad experience with them, like I've said their stuff is decent but their are better products for some price or cheaper. I am a detailer and know many other professional detailers along with being a part of many detailing groups and chemical guys is pretty frowned upon in the detail world for professionals. For just the average person sure they work ok and most average people won't know any better but there are far better products out. There is a reason why professional detailers don't use it. If you use it and get great results then great keep going but there are better stuff for a better price, that's all I'm saying

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Bottom line if CG works for you then use it. But they do offer re-label services. Any one of us on here can order their products with our personal labels on them. Many companies do this along with CG. Smart wax and CG are sister companies. I don't blame companies for sharing products, there's only so many chemical properties you can change and ratios to use for this or that but CG tends to charge much higher prices for their "own" products. Which is why I'm saying there are products out that are the equally good and better for the same amount of month or less. Adams polishes has some good
Products but at the same time their buttery wet wax is identical to CG buttery wet wax, smell, color, and result. But CG charges more

Lurad21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
These complaints are not exactly earth shattering.
I didn’t post that link to discredit Chemical Guys. I have use used/own various of their products and they are quality products.

However I posted the link to illustrate that CG is NOT a subsidiary of another company and/or relabeled as is often speculated. They are a standalone company as noted by Better Business Bureau (in the link I provided) and operate as:

Chemical Guys Manufacturing Company
SmartWax
Smart Inc

The fact that they sell wholesale to other companies is even more evidence that other companies are actually relabeled CG/SmartWax.
Sponsored