Sponsored

Picked up my 2018 Mustang GT in Royal Crimson!

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Just that startup . . I think I'd be ecstatic if I got my 2015 GT to sound like that!

I didn't think I'd like the Royal Crimson. Other pics I've seen (not many, admittedly) here and there made me think "Meh". But... somehow, your pics look better than the others I've seen with this color. I think I might be a convert.
I said the exact same thing on another thread LOL, It appears whoever hired the photographer for the brochures and official Press pics totally screwed up the lens choice:paddle: I think the pics like the OP's do indeed look better then the Official Ford photos, Weird!!:shrug:
Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
the color is very nice.
in this video it s convertible, it does give a good idea of real color
[ame]

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Congrats and beautiful car. I've loved that color from day one!

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
decklid panel: what is this panel of shit made out of it? I removed a dealer badge from it and then sprayed some quick detailer on it and wiped it with a brand new, soft and plush microfiber towel, and it put fine scratches in that spot already. bummer.

I live in WA too (in Lake Stevens)!!

I see Kirkland putting their shit on every vehicle that comes through there. I HATE dealership stickers. If I were you, I would have had them buy me a brand new decklid for being assholes putting shit on your car that you didnt ask them too. I bought mine through Marysville Ford but they traded with Kirkland (who had originally ordered the car). It was still in transit when the two agreed on the trade. I threatened Mayrsville that if Kirkland put there crap on my car, I was going to walk from the deal. Thankfully Kirkand kept their hand off my car.

Sorry. Rant over (TLDR: Dealership sticker/emblems are satans creation)

Anyways, beautiful car man. Hope to see it around!!
Small world. I also live in Lake Stevens!

zillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
I think you got the best color of the MY18 build. Looks beautiful!

Sponsored

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Gorgeous car, congrats.

I've been reading all I can about the new Mustang, dare I say I've read it ALL. My one concern/question about the car is the 255 tires up front. I would prefer a square set up to limit understeer. I take it you've been to a limit or close...how does the front wash out? Quickly? Suddenly? My guess the MagnaRide "covers" it somewhat, but 255s on a car pushing 3750+ pounds with the engine up front has understeer effects, even if controlled, it would make the car slower through turns.

Thoughts, if any???
I am feeling a very neutral handling balance. I can feel the rear rotate a little when I want it to. It's easy and predictable to control. I have not yet encountered understeer. Bear in mind it is currently wet and freezing. I need more seat time and opportunity to really tell, but there are several corners where it would have shown and it didn't !

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Small world. I also live in Lake Stevens!
Thought those pictures looked like lake stevens! I think you might be in a development like a street or two over (the houses look really familiar). I am a couple doors down from the corner of 82nd Dr SE and 1st pl SE, just east of 204.

I have a DIB 2016 GTPP with gray 13-14 gt500 wheels.

cairish77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX V6
Can't wait to see Royal Crimson paired with the Black Accent Package. I'm leaning toward going this direction, unless the Bullitt rumors materialize and I'm more compelled. If anyone comes across a RC with the BAP, let's see it!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP, congrats on the new ride!

Love the color, I'm usually a silver or gray guy, but if I were ordering a new '18 that color might trump my usual selection. Gorgeous.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Awesome color!!\

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Thought those pictures looked like lake stevens! I think you might be in a development like a street or two over (the houses look really familiar). I am a couple doors down from the corner of 82nd Dr SE and 1st pl SE, just east of 204.

I have a DIB 2016 GTPP with gray 13-14 gt500 wheels.
good taste man.. I am pretty confident I've seen you around actually. I keep seeing a DIB car around here and I had to talk myself out of getting a DIB 2017 while I was waiting throughout the summer.. I love that color, too!

yeah that's the area - I am a couple neighborhoods over, closer to 20th! we should go for a cruise sometime when it's not so crappy out.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Beautiful! And I like the exhaust tips. No idea why someone doesn't like them? I've never been a fan of dark wheels on anything. But that body color would look great with some bronze or light gold wheels.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Absolutely superb post entaiiie. Well composed with a detailed breakdown on the things that matter. Thanks for that.

The color on your car defies what one would normally expect it to be used on, something other than a pony car. Classic, sharp, and rich come to mind when I see your photos and can't help but just sit here at the laptop and stare. I honestly didn't think that Ford would do this good of a job on the 2018 and I was completely wrong.

Good luck with your car. She's beautiful.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Beautiful! And I like the exhaust tips. No idea why someone doesn't like them? I've never been a fan of dark wheels on anything. But that body color would look great with some bronze or light gold wheels.
Dark Bronze flat, or maybe brushed dark bronze
Who makes wheels in that finish? 6GR, SVE, MRR?
Sponsored