Sponsored

SVO vs. Ecoboost - /DRIVE

MagneticEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
/DRIVE's youtube channel new show buys and builds an SVO for $4k and puts it up against the Ecoboost. The Ecoboost is a premium convertible with the 20" Foundry Wheels, but they think it's a performance pack. Dumb comparison, but fun watch, links below.

Episode 1:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=6dc5w4-ekDM;t=13[/MEDIA]"]

Episode 2:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=aAz08s5hoB8;t=4[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
That was the body of my first mustang... lol... it had the turbo light but no turbo.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
That SVO did sound pretty good!

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Seems like they tried hard to get the slowest Ecoboost possible... automatic, convertible, top down... and it still beat the SVO. I was surprised by how close it was thougg.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Seems like they tried hard to get the slowest Ecoboost possible... automatic, convertible, top down... and it still beat the SVO. I was surprised by how close it was thougg.
Of course they did, I don't think I've ever seen any publication or review video channel say a positive word about the ecoboost.

Sponsored

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
Great video's thanks for sharing. I want that SVO intercooler! In the 80's I went with T-bird Turbo Coupes over the SVO/GT. Had an 84, 86 then an 88 for a very short period, had aspirations for that 88 but then I got married (should have kept the car!). Could have been so much more of a car but Ford had to protect the Mustang. Same when the SHO came out. Never will forget the day in 1997 at Kenny Brown's shop in Indy when the SHO club had a dyno day and there were a couple of SN95 stock mustangs there and they were in awe of our HP. Most of us were not stock and were pushing some nice HP on very mature 89-95 Taurus platform.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
This was a fun watch. I do agree they used the slowest Eco possible lol. But a few seconds of gap on a track that small is considered a looooooong time.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Err, the automatic is faster.

Sponsored

zillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
Didn't they use an ecoboost with PP and AT? I think that is the fastest available right behind the hardtop.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Didn't they use an ecoboost with PP and AT? I think that is the fastest available right behind the hardtop.
I totally missed the PP aspect of it lol that must have gone right over my head watching it on a busy train. Personally I'm not a fan of convertibles, I'm sure they are designed well but I would never buy one. Not to mention the slight decrease in performance dynamics.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It had the 20" premium wheels, so it didn't have the PP unless verts get the 20" wheels with PP.

Isn't the automatic faster in drag racing while the manual is better at the track?

I have probably one of the slowest EBs (not that the EB is fast in any trim level), 201a premium, 20" factory wheels and 6-speed manual. But I don't care, it's my daily driver and comfort > speed for my use.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
It's not a PP car. They probably said that to make up for the fact that the SVO was going to get slaughtered.

OP
OP

MagneticEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Definitely not a PP, you can see if you pause it at certain segments that it has the base brakes. Also the 20" wheels are not helping either, bought a set for my car which came with the 18" wheels, and I took them off after a week, the car felt slugish as hell but those 265 pirelli's could hold a corner better than the 235 all seasons, but worse in pretty much every other scenario.
Sponsored