Sponsored

HELP -- What would you do? 2017 Mustang GT or Dodge Challenger SRT ------------------

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys I would love some input. I have been a big mustang guy for years. I was looking for a Grabber Blue 2017 GT here in So.Cal. And the best deal I see is about 4,500-5,000k off.

I would need to do a lot of work to make it the way I like. GT350 brakes,hood,audio and other body stuff , Active exhaust,wheels

Price GT premium 401a auto trans. With some other stuff 38k with discount.

Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L. 12,750 off MSRP. Comes with most of the stuff I like. Hell Cat hood,6 piston hell cat brakes, wheels and mostly loaded up.

Price after discount 40,800k

I like both cars. The mustang I could love but would cost a lot more to get there.

What do you guys think on both? I love a car that looks great for years and gets a ton of looks.

Thanks for any info and feelings.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
my understanding is Great Wall Motors has not made an official offer and FCA has not stated they have actually negotiated. And specifically, they're interested in Jeep.

I know I'm on a Mustang forum but I don't know that either car is significantly 'better' in a major way over the other. we are living in the new glory years for muscle cars/sports cars. It'll be hard to get stuck with a glaringly bad choice. For me, the main reason for going Mustang was I could get a manual V8 at a reasonable price.

having said that, I think if you've driven either car, pick the one that's the most fun to drive. then pick the one that you'd want to look at everyday. Once you do that, any extra play money you throw at the car for farkles doesn't hurt so much.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Hi guys I would love some input. I have been a big mustang guy for years. I was looking for a Grabber Blue 2017 GT here in So.Cal. And the best deal I see is about 4,500-5,000k off.

I would need to do a lot of work to make it the way I like. GT350 brakes,hood,audio and other body stuff , Active exhaust,wheels

Price GT premium 401a auto trans. With some other stuff 38k with discount.

Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L. 12,750 off MSRP. Comes with most of the stuff I like. Hell Cat hood,6 piston hell cat brakes, wheels and mostly loaded up.

Price after discount 40,800k

I like both cars. The mustang I could love but would cost a lot more to get there.

What do you guys think on both? I love a car that looks great for years and gets a ton of looks.

Thanks for any info and feelings.
Might as well go with the the Challenger if you like it out of the box. Does not make sense to pour thousands into the Mustang which is not much cheaper at the start to get it up to par so to speak.

Not sure why there is a huge discount off MSRP for the Challaneger though :shrug:

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not sure why there is a huge discount off MSRP for the Challaneger though :shrug:
I think its coming up on end of life cycle, its almost 10 years old now and the major refresh is coming in the next few years. Of course, My 51,000 Ram truck was 38,000 after discount, so it may just be an FCA pricing thing as well.

Sponsored

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
2 different cars. My coworker has a Chally SRT. Its very nice and comfy inside. Way better stereo than Shaker Pro. But its a boat. You notice it in curves and even just parking it. I could care less who owns Brand.

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
I'd probably get the Challenger. After having my Stang a few months too many common problems for being as new as they are. I'm also used to Japanese cars so typically some of the stuff wrong with these cars won't even be an issue until 150k miles.

The Challenger is 10 years old and with the 15+ the interior is better than the mustang. It should have any bugs worked out by now.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Go with the stang lang.

Quick69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cali Special A6
I had a 2016 scat pack which is basical a srt minus brakes/suspension and it was an
awesome ride. It had tons of torque and was the most comfortable car I have ever owned.

I now have a 2017 cali special gt and when it was stock I missed the challenger a bunch but now that its modded some it closed the gap a lot.

The challenger is a better car stock vs stock, it sits better, sounds better and the tech system is better to me. Performance wise my 6sp wheel hopped bad and ran 13.5's my friend has a auto scat stock with big and lil's and DR's and its a second faster in the 1/4 over my modded gt 11.9's to 12.9's

Gas mileage is about the same mid 20's on the highway

If I had it to do it again I would get a auto srt since its just more comfortable, factory exhaust sounds great and you can leave it stock and still have a blast

tint.jpg

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would stay clear of anything Chrysler because they are all giant pieces of s#@&. Sucks because I love the Challenger and its looks, but I would never buy it because of it being a Chrysler and their terrible QC.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I love a car that.......gets a ton of looks.

Thanks for any......feelings.
Buy anything but a Mustang.

The Charger sounds great. Buy it.....or Challenger.....whatever.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...After having my Stang a few months too many common problems for being as new as they are.....
What problems have you had with your car?

Modrodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had a 2016 scat pack which is basical a srt minus brakes/suspension and it was an
awesome ride. It had tons of torque and was the most comfortable car I have ever owned.

I now have a 2017 cali special gt and when it was stock I missed the challenger a bunch but now that its modded some it closed the gap a lot.

The challenger is a better car stock vs stock, it sits better, sounds better and the tech system is better to me. Performance wise my 6sp wheel hopped bad and ran 13.5's my friend has a auto scat stock with big and lil's and DR's and its a second faster in the 1/4 over my modded gt 11.9's to 12.9's

Gas mileage is about the same mid 20's on the highway

If I had it to do it again I would get a auto srt since its just more comfortable, factory exhaust sounds great and you can leave it stock and still have a blast

tint.jpg
Are you over on sefb.net as well? LOL, my morning ritual is to hit there then come here.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
To me it already sounds like you dislike the Mustang more so get the Dodge. You will end up regretting it weeks later, I'm sure.
Sponsored