D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I guess Beefcake sells a kit that includes an adapter pipe that you need to cut to length, I guess I'm just surprised that you can't bolt on and connect to an incredibly popular exhaust such as the Corsa.
Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I didn't know this was the case either, whats the issue being stated? Thought the corsa had short 3" to 2.5" connection adapters at the front, headers have the opposite, so you just need some straight 3" to 3" adapters?
Had my texas speed catted headers installed today, pulled the 3 to 2.5 connector and had 3 to 3 connector fab'd up, no bottleneck anywhere this way. Cat back is a corsa sport, could not have done this myself.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
no guarantee with any system.

it's all what you want and what you want to spend

hit us up with any questions on any of the systems

BigBen5.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Purple GT
Im in cali running catless stainless power long tubes. Lund 91 tune got rid of the CEL.

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the stainless works longtubes and high flow cats and going threw the emissions process now.

The cats aren't efficient enough to not trip your CEL. I had the rear 02s turned off and now have them back on attempting to set my readiness monitors. With the 02 spacers on the car I don't have a check engine light but having a hell of a time getting the readiness to run for the 02 sensors and cats. Not saying they won't run just haven't had any luck with it at moment.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dave I have done all three options (catless, hi-flow and green cats) so I will list my experience with each.

Catless: After numerous tries trying to get the correct combination with defowlers I was able to get a sticker but without cats exhaust gas fumes were bad enough I couldn't stand it so I switched to hi-flow.

Hi-flow: Took a few tries with defowler lengths but was able to get past emissions. Over 5 years I had the CEL return probably 5 times and each time had to erase code and reset the systems to ready to get a sticker. Some people were lucky and never got a CEL return but I wasn't one of them.

Green cats: Three years, 10,000 miles with zero issues. I know Jason had the CEL return but don't know the variables which caused it. He had more miles than me but I know 5 other people running them and only Jay had that issue.

You can go any option you would like I only highly recommend getting a cat over catless strictly for the fumes alone. I also recommend green cats and yes the added cost sucks but in my experience it was some of the best money I spent because of past experience and living in a state like Massachusetts.

OP
OP
D.Brown

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Dave I have done all three options (catless, hi-flow and green cats) so I will list my experience with each.

Catless: After numerous tries trying to get the correct combination with defowlers I was able to get a sticker but without cats exhaust gas fumes were bad enough I couldn't stand it so I switched to hi-flow.

Hi-flow: Took a few tries with defowler lengths but was able to get past emissions. Over 5 years I had the CEL return probably 5 times and each time had to erase code and reset the systems to ready to get a sticker. Some people were lucky and never got a CEL return but I wasn't one of them.

Green cats: Three years, 10,000 miles with zero issues. I know Jason had the CEL return but don't know the variables which caused it. He had more miles than me but I know 5 other people running them and only Jay had that issue.

You can go any option you would like I only highly recommend getting a cat over catless strictly for the fumes alone. I also recommend green cats and yes the added cost sucks but in my experience it was some of the best money I spent because of past experience and living in a state like Massachusetts.
I agree completely with the Kooks Green cats, and I don't really mind the money so much, it's more about is the power gains worth it after spending $2k plus. You know?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You should always plan on a tune when you go with aftermarket headers. You're leaving a lot on the table performance wise and messing with foulers is never a guaranteed fix for a CEL.

Headers + CAI + Tune is usually a good time to do all of that at the same time.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
put them on, then take them off in 2 years for inspection..repeat.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree completely with the Kooks Green cats, and I don't really mind the money so much, it's more about is the power gains worth it after spending $2k plus. You know?
So it's either cats or catless for you. You will not loose power green vs hi-flow cats. Kooks engineer answered that question for me.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I had my Corsa X-pipe welded to the mid-pipe to get rid of the pinch.

Has anyone tried those o2 spacers like the OP mentioned?

4to8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 A6
I have the 90 degree spacers from bigdaddies with tsp headers and whipple tune. I have never had a cel pop up.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the 90 degree spacers from bigdaddies with tsp headers and whipple tune. I have never had a cel pop up.
Did you have the CEL when you first installed the headers?

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
put them on, then take them off in 2 years for inspection..repeat.
That is absurd. A tuner needs to offer a tune to tweak the values so the CEL doesnt pop up. My buddy has a BMW and those tuners do it and dont even care. Not sure why mustang tuners are so scared to do it.
Sponsored