Sponsored

First Video of the New 8" Android Unit

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I have been really searching for more information on the new 8" android unit. It is a little pricey but I am still curious about it's features and such. I found this video which seems to be the unit in question....but then again it doesn't.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any link to the unit?

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
OP
OP
RayJHT

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Well the images are at work so I'll post them later but I am going to install a separate unit on the dash top in the center. It will be used for navigation and media. It is wide and kind of reminds you of what a Lexus unit looks like.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may setup a group buy for that 8" unit if the 10.2 doesn't gain traction.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I saw this but ordered the 10" version since I haven't really found much info on the 8" version. Not sure how the functions, features, and reliability compare to the 10" unit and it looks to me like maybe its an older software than what's on the 10" unit.

I will say if it has similar features, usability, and software this would probably be preferable to the 10" unit to me. Not having a volume knob is almost a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RayJHT

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
What is the "other idea" you speak of? I'm all about trying something different. There's a group buy going on the 10.2 right now.
Ok so I am thinking of running a unit on the dash top by fabbing the plastic piece up top by cutting it so that the base of one of these units sit flush. The screen will be vertical of course. I have measured and it will be a very good fit as most of the units pictured are about 8 - 8/1/2 inches wide and the flat area of the dash is 10 inches total. Of course I like the more expensive one because I can insert a sims card so it will have its own internet for Pandora. I would either plug it in or stream it's content Bluetooth. Some fold and some don't but one of them has a motion sensor and you can record or view what is happening with your car via a phone app. Finally, I tested and it is a great arms length for me from where I sit. They range from $100-200 bucks and would allow me to keep it factory looking and hide any cords in the dash. So that is the idea I am toying with but the 10.2 is still on the table. My major worry is the hot Houston sun. I know I would have to buy a window shade and use it all the time.
idea1.jpg
Untitled.png
Untitled.jpg
front.jpg

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I am thinking of running a unit on the dash top by fabbing the plastic piece up top by cutting it so that the base of one of these units sit flush. The screen will be vertical of course. I have measured and it will be a very good fit as most of the units pictured are about 8 - 8/1/2 inches wide and the flat area of the dash is 10 inches total. Of course I like the more expensive one because I can insert a sims card so it will have its own internet for Pandora. I would either plug it in or stream it's content Bluetooth. Some fold and some don't but one of them has a motion sensor and you can record or view what is happening with your car via a phone app. Finally, I tested and it is a great arms length for me from where I sit. They range from $100-200 bucks and would allow me to keep it factory looking and hide any cords in the dash. So that is the idea I am toying with but the 10.2 is still on the table. My major worry is the hot Houston sun. I know I would have to buy a window shade and use it all the time.
That seems like a waste, compared to the Nexus or iPad in dash kit.

OP
OP
RayJHT

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
That seems like a waste, compared to the Nexus or iPad in dash kit.
I don't like how those look and this has features they do not offer with great specs. Plus I don't have to spend $400 for a plastic tablet kit before I buy a tablet. at any rate it is my plan and when I decide on it I may post my finished work. I have learned quickly about the temperament of those that don't get or like fabricators.

OP
OP
RayJHT

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Point in case...haters by the dozens. They even have to create notifications to try to reduce the hate here sometimes.
Sponsored