Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
No, there are too many 4 door cars to choose from. We need more 2 door cars. Ford has already lost a sale on a 2020 Bronco from me cause they said theres no chance it will be 2 doors.
This.

Especially the bold, major fail. I guess I'm destined to drive a Jeep forever.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Chevy already tried the V8 RWD sedan with the SS...how were sales on it?
It's sales were terrible because you couldn't get a dealer to sell you one at MSRP let alone any kind of negotiation. I wanted one, was ready to buy, and they wanted $10K over MSRP + they insisted I'd have to use their lender. Walked out. Tried again at another dealer that had one to spec... same crap. It was not that special of a car.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Pontiac GTO of ten or so years ago was fantastic, As was the G8 GT

Chevy has the Caprice and SS - nobody knows they exist, and nobody cares

These cars pretty much check all the boxes, and "the experiment didn't really work"

Is it crazy pricing? Maybe. Is it lack of advertising? Maybe. Brand perception? Who knows.

Dodge is doing it, and doing it well...

Ford isn't, and it sucks.

At least we have mustangs.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dear Ford,

For those of us that have children and need 4 doors, yet still want to drive something like a Mustang:

Ford_gran_coupe_1.jpg

It would be simple to build -- just elongate the S550 chassis a little and viola. It is about time you shared the S550 to maximize returns on the chassis development anyway.

You can even call it the Falcon. Just let it have a V8 and a stick shift.

The Charger, 4 series Gran Coupe and A5/S5 Sportback all prove there is a market for "gran coupes". Heck, even KIA is getting into the act -- don't get left behind by KIA for Pete's sake!

Thank you.

I would buy one of these so quickly it wouldn't even be funny

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Go on...

The Taurus is a heavy (4100) lb sedan that launches to 60 in 5s flat.

The Charger is a heavier (4300) lb sedan that launches to 60 somewhere in the 4s if you dish out for the scat pack.

The Fusion Sport performs somewhere between the two.

You want Ford to ditch a piece of it's FWD lineup that sells incredibly well so that it can fill a niche RWD sedan market that barely exists. It would be interesting to see, but it's unlikely to happen as Ford and Dodge are playing at two very different games here.
The Taurus is less roomier than the Fusion...look it up! The giant center console takes up so much room. The Taurus handles poorly and with its tall belt line is hard to see out of. I was not impressed by it

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So.. you want a photo-shopped Kia Stinger GT?

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Ford really should have put a Coyote in the SHO. What a complete failure.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Ford really should have put a Coyote in the SHO. What a complete failure.
The 3.5 Eco in the Taurus is definitely not the issue - I was surprised that the Mustang didn't get it when they ditched the NA V6, but I'm guessing it would have priced people out of the base model market, and it would have also added too much competition for the V8.

Among other issues - mounting a V8 longitudinally under that hood, engineering some RWD bias AWD system, or attempting to transverse mount a V8 to integrate it into it's current system...none of it would likely work.

But yeah, the 3.5 isn't the problem. The rest of the car is :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rampant

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
So.. you want a photo-shopped Kia Stinger GT?
Yes, in essence. With the Coyote and an MT.

I kept the greenhouse to show it could be done (and windows are damn hard to draw convincingly from scratch). But, it was surprising to me how much similarities in overall shape that KIA took from Ford (though they all "take inspiration" from each other, so I guess not all that surprising).

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
The SHO is a great car - drove one for almost 5yrs before getting my Mustang. Plop a Livernois 93 octane tune in it and it was a 450hp monster. Would smoke s550's off the line with its AWD traction. Yes its big and heavy, and I wish the paddle shifters had been responsive enough to use, but for a 4 door it was a blast to drive. Fast, good handling and a great cruiser. I even Auto Crossed it a few times and people were surprised at how nible it was for such a big car. I hope they update the platform OR push the Fusion into SHO territory. Ford needs a GREAT 4dr sport sedan to compete.
Pretty much this. I loved my SHO. It was weird losing 2 doors and actually getting SLOWER when I got my GT. A Falcon would be badass, I say bring it on.

2h4hpao.jpg
Sponsored