Sponsored

I dont have 6 consecutive hours to detail my car...would this plan work?

Pmauoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic
Ok, so, the days of having 6 hours in a row are over and I have a plan on how I am going to detail my car..
1.night before, 2 bucket wash and wheels
2.morning after left in semi clean garage(not totally dust proof :)
Continue with full rinse, blow dry and clay car.
3.leave car in garage after clayed and apply wax that evening.

Would this process work?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I would just use a quick detailer give it a nice wipe down in the morning.

OP
OP
Pmauoo

Pmauoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok Jason...good point, skip rinse.
So, I will be using griots clay and speed shine for the claying process. So, your saying to apply speed shine throughout first and then clay using clay and speed shine again?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ok Jason...good point, skip rinse.
So, I will be using griots clay and speed shine for the claying process. So, your saying to apply speed shine throughout first and then clay using clay and speed shine again?
Yea the first wipe is to get rid of any dust on settled on the paint.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Not sure how much time you have at once, but you should be able to do everything in 2-2.5 hours. Wash the car, rinse and leave wet, use either a new wash mitt/shampoo bucket, diluted Optimum No Rinse, or your detail spray as a clay lube and clay. You can either wax right after or the next morning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pmauoo

Pmauoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. So, I wound up using the 2 bucket wash and wanted to clay but it got late and did not realize how bad my garage lighting was. So, I wound up completely cleaning the inside and will finish tomorrow. I will start by using speed shine to wipe over the entire car and then will start claying. Once completed i will add wax using my new griots DA.....

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I used your process on my Honda Accord recently and it worked very well. For the clay bar I used soapy water in a spray bottle as the lubricant. After I finished doing the clay bar I backed it out of the garage and give it a quick wash with clear water only to remove any dried soap residue and then pulled it back in the garage for drying and waxing.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Thanks guys. So, I wound up using the 2 bucket wash and wanted to clay but it got late and did not realize how bad my garage lighting was. So, I wound up completely cleaning the inside and will finish tomorrow. I will start by using speed shine to wipe over the entire car and then will start claying. Once completed i will add wax using my new griots DA.....
Sounds good but you might want to polish 1st using Menzurna 3800. It will get rid of the swirls and minor scratches. Ive had the Griots 6in DA for years. Awesome results. Polish at 5 or 6 stay away from the very edges of panels.

Use Eraser to wipe down then a Ceramic coating....you'll never have to repeat for 2 or 3 yrs!!
Sponsored