Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Had a custom exhaust put on my Ecoboost Mustang. In essence, the resonator was replaced with a muffler (1 in, 2 out) and removed the mufflers. Had 4" tips put on to finish off the look. Cleans up the rear end nicely. Frees up exhaust flow.

i-CM4dsrs-L.jpg

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Had a custom exhaust put on my Ecoboost Mustang. In essence, the resonator was replaced with a muffler (1 in, 2 out) and removed the mufflers. Had 4" tips put on to finish off the look. Cleans up the rear end nicely. Frees up exhaust flow.

Hows it sound ? I had the MBRP street on my ecoboost and it was a great exhaust. Deep with zero drone. A lot of these aftermarket exhausts drone so that was a biggie for me. Car looks sweet from that angle :cheers:

Sponsored

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Last night I installed my Redline Tuning hood struts that I got off another member. Really cleans up the look. Also I mounted my new diffuser fins from [MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION] ! I wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of my premium two-toned bumper for an RTR so decided to go this route for now. :thumbsup:
diffuser fins.jpg

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Hows it sound ? I had the MBRP street on my ecoboost and it was a great exhaust. Deep with zero drone. A lot of these aftermarket exhausts drone so that was a biggie for me. Car looks sweet from that angle :cheers:
No drone at all and has a nice deep sound. Not loud unless I punch it. Even then it's refined. I was more into getting rid of all the factory exhaust hardware. Especially those mufflers hanging down. This is much simpler.

tbertran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Perf Pack
Back from the shop with the BMR cradle lockout kit and the Steeda progressive springs

Just got my '17 GT PP back from the shop where they installed BMR's IRS cradle lockout as well as the Progressive springs from Steeda. So far so very, very good... The ride feels much "flatter" for lack of a better word (a lot closer to my '13 BRZ but without the ride bumpiness). No wheel hop on my one test peeling off at the light, entering the freeway (where I used to get it all the time). The springs also greatly reduced the nose dive on hard braking making me feel a lot more in touch with the car. And, most importantly, I'm easily clearing my driveway bump as well as every speed bump I encountered since!

Note that the install was apparently trickier than anticipated since they had to order some hardware directly from Ford to replace some one-time-use bolts, nuts, etc that were holding the stock parts.

Last edited:

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
First mod for the new Mustang, plastidip the rear bumper. If it works out, and looks like it is, I'm going to redo with a more permanent paint.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
First mod for the new Mustang, plastidip the rear bumper. If I it works out, and looks like it is, I'm going to redo with a more permanent paint.

You will be surprised how long that holds up. My son dipped some rims and they were still on the car when he traded the car in a year later

Sponsored

VNTGSPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I did the same and no issue ... holes are very close to centre of wheel. If i was to do it again though, I think I'd just tap the stud back a few mm's ... which is probably what's happening when people tighten down their wheels anyway without any modification at all.
Um, this is a terrible idea. A gap of a few millimeters in the bolted joint can lead to fatigue of the fastener and ultimately stud failure. This is likely worse case scenario but wheels falling off typically leads to other unfortunate consequences. ;)

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
First mod for the new Mustang, plastidip the rear bumper. If I it works out, and looks like it is, I'm going to redo with a more permanent paint.

You will be surprised how long that holds up. My son dipped some rims and they were still on the car when he traded the car in a year later
yep. I plastidipped my exhaust tips and it's still perfect. It's been almost a year.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Um, this is a terrible idea. A gap of a few millimeters in the bolted joint can lead to fatigue of the fastener and ultimately stud failure. This is likely worse case scenario but wheels falling off typically leads to other unfortunate consequences. ;)
I hear ya but figured a few mm's is no biggie. Anyone that's removed a stud can comment further maybe.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP