Sponsored

Deep Impact Blue versus Kona

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
There is a thread by the same name over at TMS. Here are some pictures I posted there in that thread.

And finally, our S550 Kona in bright daylight.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
The only color I'd trade in my Mag Gray for would be Grabber Blue..

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
both are nice,finding a blue car was a hassle
the dealers are stacked up w silver,white and black
so I had to have my shipped from another dealer 500 miles
out . Ill never do that again,it arrived in desperate need of
a cut and polish which the dealer paid for .

Blue is a hard color to keep clean,esp with fords soft clear coat,ive
owned blue cars before and this one is more work to keep nice
but its badass looking when shes clean

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
That's weird because around here, there are tons of DIB cars. As a matter of fact, the big joke in our local Mustang club is that we need to make a section in our website just for DIB cars because so many members have bought 2015 /2016 DIB cars.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
If you want a slightly used Kona Blue 50th for less than MSRP... here is my original still at the dealership. Wasn't the right car for me. Long story, but the transmission got changed from auto to manual during the order process... might still have it if it was auto. It's priced at what they gave me for it. I want it to find a good home!

http://verneideford.com/Used-2015-Ford-Mustang-Mitchell-SD/vd/26616998

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Thanks for posting those pictures. Makes me wanna go out to the garage, pull the cover off mine and spend a couple hours tinkering with it.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
That's weird because around here, there are tons of DIB cars. As a matter of fact, the big joke in our local Mustang club is that we need to make a section in our website just for DIB cars because so many members have bought 2015 /2016 DIB cars.
This is kind of why I went with a Guard, I have yet to see one locally.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
If you want a slightly used Kona Blue 50th for less than MSRP... here is my original still at the dealership. Wasn't the right car for me. Long story, but the transmission got changed from auto to manual during the order process... might still have it if it was auto. It's priced at what they gave me for it. I want it to find a good home!

http://verneideford.com/Used-2015-Ford-Mustang-Mitchell-SD/vd/26616998
You didn't like the MT LE so you traded for a GT PP? Mechanically the identical car? Color me confused.

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I love my DIB. I think it is gorgeous. It looks a little different depending on lighting. In the sun, the blue is bright and really pops nicely. No one will mistake it for anything other than blue. But, In low light it looks darker and you can definitely see a purple hue to it. In fact, more than one person has seen mine and made the "purple" comment. So, if you don't like purple at all, don't get a DIB. My favorite color is blue but I like purple too. In fact, I traded in a plum crazy purple challenger on the car. So, to me the color is perfect!

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sonic blue from the ~2003 era has always been my favorite. Kona was nice but ever since I saw DIB on a mustang when it came out (2013 I think?) I wanted it. We bought my wife a focus in "performance blue" which is really closer to sonic blue with more purple to it. Most people dislike the purple tint but it's my favorite part.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
DIB>Kona:gossip:

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Love both, but I'm 100% happy with my DIB. My wife jokingly calls it "blurple." Interestingly enough, she never noticed it as anything other than a royal blue until someone else mentioned that it looked purple. Suddenly purple is all she sees. I wonder how many people who think DIB has purple actually see the redder tint, or if a lot of it is the power of suggestion.

Personally I see royal blue only, but I like purple a lot, so I certainly don't mind if someone sees a hint of purple or blurple in my car, lol.

MadBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Conv/'14 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
The only color I'd trade in my Mag Gray for would be Grabber Blue..
I like all of the blues, if they offered Grabber Blue this year I would have ordered it..gonna miss my '12 GT/CS....for a little while anyway....
20141012_130351_resized.jpg

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Before I knew what it was called I remember telling my wife about a new "purple-blue" color that looked great on a mustang. Kind of been a running joke. So much that I've considered getting a vanity plate that reads "PRPLBLU".
Sponsored