Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not the R, but my best friend is planning on driving his track pack GT350 to work occasionally.
I plan on driving my Track Pack car to work work every day. And to places not to work too. Bought it to drive it. On the street and track.
Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Which is exactly why car comparisions should always be done using the exact same tire. ;)
the tires on this new gen of cars are engineering specifically for the car as a collaboration between the auto manufacturer and the tire manufacturer...so, while your assertion used to be good one, it no longer is.
comparo's should be done in the exact same atmospheric conditions for sure...lap times for the same car / same track can vary significantly based on atmospheric conditions.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Any chance the OP, or mod can update the first post to include all of the links or videos.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I will DD mine. I DD the Boss and that's fine. This I suspect is the reason there's a tech package; because the 12 boss is a great car but lacking amenities and it's cute to say "because racecar" but it's literally not a racecar. It's a trackable street car.

I don't understand why people feel compelled to project so much "I'm doing x with my car, so everyone else will or they'd be crazy not to, or to do y thing."

Have the title? Good. Do what you want with it. Track, DD, GT, etc. Doesn't matter what other people will do with theirs.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I plan on driving my Track Pack car to work work every day. And to places not to work too. Bought it to drive it. On the street and track.
Yup, not all of us have money for a second toy car. :cheers:

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I will DD mine. I DD the Boss and that's fine. This I suspect is the reason there's a tech package; because the 12 boss is a great car but lacking amenities and it's cute to say "because racecar" but it's literally not a racecar. It's a trackable street car.

I don't understand why people feel compelled to project so much "I'm doing x with my car, so everyone else will or they'd be crazy not to, or to do y thing."

Have the title? Good. Do what you want with it. Track, DD, GT, etc. Doesn't matter what other people will do with theirs.
I wasn't saying no one should do it. And I was speaking about the R more than the non-R which is why I mentioned the wheels. I guess wording it as "crazy" to DD the car is harsh. What I meant is clearly this vehicle was not engineered for optimal road comfort or a smooth ride as some reviewers point to as a downside. I'm just anticipating some people buying it just for bragging rights and then driving it to work every day and coming on here to complain about the ride quality on the street. THAT is what I would consider crazy.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
GT350 as a Daily Driver

Sounds like those wheels/tires on the R are what will make all the difference getting in the "low 1:30's"

Major car boner from all these reviews. Not sure a single negative thing was said about its performance on the track. As a road vehicle yes but who the hell is going to daily drive this thing to work?
The "R" versions out there maybe not, but my regular GT350 will see lots of miles. It will be my one and only car and I cannot wait. I don't mind sitting in traffic sometimes because I look forward to the open roads. First time muscle car owner here :D

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
That makes sense.

Though I do think right now that the street quality is the trope for negatives they can use about the car. "Well I mean it's amazing on the track but leaves some to be desired on the street." But that's probably a good thing. In a car like this if thats all they've got on day 1, then it's a damn good car.

But talk about low hanging fruit. If they want road comfort cruising there are some Cadillac land yachts that can fill that role very nicely. Or a challenger I would imagine.

The one guy said "not limo-like." /facepalm I guess my plan to turn it into a GT350 stretch limo with magnaride dampers probably shouldn't happen now...

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://racing.ford.com/series/more-...rive-reviews-of-the-shelby-gt350-mustang.html

Check Out The First-Drive Reviews of the Shelby GT350 Mustang

The first-drive reviews are starting to roll in for the Shelby GT350 Mustang. In news that will be a surprise to no one, the automotive journos love it.

“The 526-hp Ford Shelby GT 350 Mustang coupe lived up to its billing as the most track-capable, best-handling Mustang ever in its first drive along the Pacific Coast Highway and at the legendary road course at Laguna Seca race track,” begins Mark Phelan’s review in the Detroit Free Press of the pony car’s latest iteration.

“In that great racetrack in the sky Carroll Shelby is smiling. The GT350 not only lives up to his name, it promises a car as comfortable on the street as it is fearsome on the track,” writes Henry Payne in The Detroit News.

Patrick Carone, the deputy editor of Scout.com, was one who got to test-drive the Shelby GT350 at Laguna Seca. He filed a video review that appeared on MSN.com and Scout.com, calling the GT350 “clean, nimble … a pure driver’s car.”

We’ll keep looking around for more reviews and update this article as they roll in.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
the tires on this new gen of cars are engineering specifically for the car as a collaboration between the auto manufacturer and the tire manufacturer...so, while your assertion used to be good one, it no longer is.
comparo's should be done in the exact same atmospheric conditions for sure...lap times for the same car / same track can vary significantly based on atmospheric conditions.
I would like to see both.

Because I give kudos to GM for putting Eagle F1's on the 1LE and the 6 gen Camaro.

It's a tire that offers more than the P Zero Neros on the GTPP, and you shouldn't take that away from GM.

This being said tires are single handedly the most important performance mode you can do to a car; especially since they are a wear item.

I would like to see cars runs as equipped, and with the same tire, maybe in the case of the GTPP vs 1LE maybe some Michelin pilots.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Thanks for the post and I agree.

I know some people think I'm crazy for daily driving my GT up here in MN. I'm fine with it. What I think is I like driving my GT, even when it's snowing, icy, bumper to bumper... I don't care - it's way more fun to drive than my other vehicles. And I think the GT350 will up the fun factor another notch... I might be in danger of running out of notches! :D

People think I'm crazy for running 87 octane in my GT. I think when it's over about 75 degrees I can tell the difference in power from 91, but 90% of the time I don't notice a difference. If 87 can be run in the GT350 and I can't tell a seat of the pants difference from 91 or 93, I might run 87 in that too.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Any chance the OP, or mod can update the first post to include all of the links or videos.
OP has been updated. Will continue to add to the first post as more reviews are posted in this thread.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
today is the second day of the media drives? if randy was the one that spearheaded the lead follow he must have been given the chance to do his own review already i would think.