Sponsored

Guns or cars?

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Glad i saw this thread, its therapy for me! my screename is the make / model of my AK.... I live and breathe guns.........BUT......after getting my S550 a few weeks ago, I have completely lost interest in guns for the moment. I have been spending all my time here vs the gun forums (ar15.com, glocktalk, akfiles, vepr.org) and all my money on mods for the car vs ammo, parts, etc. I know this is short term, as the car is brand new to me and exciting hence the temporary interest switch. I did do something I regret two weeks ago, and sold my 100% bad ass VEPR 12 semi auto shotgun so I can afford the wheels I just put on the car. I have literally tossed / turned in bed a few nights over this, missing it like a loved one lol, but then I walk outside to go to work the next morning and see how bad ass the car looks and all is good again. I will deff get another one when extra money allows

BUT..........I still got this matching cerakoted pair to hold me over for now

Some previous toys I had to let go when financial times were tough

GLock 26

XDM 45

XDS 9mm

Mossberg 590 mariner

Ruger SR 556

XDM compact 9mm

Daewoo K2

Sponsored

Last edited:

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Guns are cheap right now, ammo not so much.
better to stack your ammo and be able to shoot when people are paying 500.00 for a case of 556.
Don't get me started on mags...

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I'm also in the market for a new pistol as I'm returning from being stationed overseas (in a country that bans guns). I previously owned a Sig P239 in .40S&W. It was a great gun but I'm looking to step up to a .45 now. I love almost everything Sig makes but I'm also a fan of Kimber...just not their prices lol.

Any suggestions? BTW I also do not like Glocks or any hammerless design.
If you've got the coin you could go for an H&K USP45! That's a beauty. Some may say it's the highest quality modern-style semi-auto pistol on the market (not counting 1911s).

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If you've got the coin you could go for an H&K USP45! That's a beauty. Some may say it's the highest quality modern-style semi-auto pistol on the market (not counting 1911s).
I keep a loaded H&K USP45 Tactical in my bedside drawer :) The first gun I bought the day I turned 21 while I was still in college

I keep the FNX-9 for carry duty (still need my conceal license) and the Sig 556R for rifle duty. I'll post pics of my babies later

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Hey basketcase, I have both an XDM and M&P Shield so I think I am qualified to offer up an opinion for you...
In my case, the M&P is absolute junk, so much so that I will never even consider any other Smith &Wesson product again. The fit and finish, the quality, everything is lacking.
Comparing the 2 is really no contest, everything about the XDM is far superior. And my wife agrees, she doesn't even bother with the M&P either, and it's her pistol.
I also have a Springfield 1911 and it's the same, everything is far superior to all of the others we have.
We spend more time with the 1911 and XDM than all of the others combined, they're just the best and nicest and most fun for us. She's trading in the Shield for an XDS given our experiences with other Springfield products.
Just my worthless 2 cents for you...

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Question is, which one will the government eventually regulate to death first, fun cars or guns?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Hey basketcase, I have both an XDM and M&P Shield so I think I am qualified to offer up an opinion for you...
In my case, the M&P is absolute junk, so much so that I will never even consider any other Smith &Wesson product again. The fit and finish, the quality, everything is lacking.
Comparing the 2 is really no contest, everything about the XDM is far superior. And my wife agrees, she doesn't even bother with the M&P either, and it's her pistol.
I also have a Springfield 1911 and it's the same, everything is far superior to all of the others we have.
We spend more time with the 1911 and XDM than all of the others combined, they're just the best and nicest and most fun for us. She's trading in the Shield for an XDS given our experiences with other Springfield products.

I absolutely disagree with this comment in regards to M&P. I have multiple Glock's, M&P's and XDM's. I put at least 1000 rounds down range monthly and have been since leaving the U.S. Army in 2004. Of the 3, M&P is what I carry. I have seen Glock's and XDM's FTF multiple times. Also, of the 3, the XDM is the least accurate and that is with a match grade barrel. I refuse to carry the XDM. I currently use it for a paper weight in my office.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

That's really surprising. The only reason I was looking at the S&W was Made in America. I love my SA 1911, so that's why I was looking at the XD pistols for that same SA quality. Just dislike that they're not made in the US.

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep looking...

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I absolutely disagree with this comment in regards to M&P. I have multiple Glock's, M&P's and XDM's. I put at least 1000 rounds down range monthly and have been since leaving the U.S. Army in 2004. Of the 3, M&P is what I carry. I have seen Glock's and XDM's FTF multiple times. Also, of the 3, the XDM is the least accurate and that is with a match grade barrel. I refuse to carry the XDM. I currently use it for a paper weight in my office.
Ditto. I love my M&P. Got it because my 1911 is too damn big to carry. But I don't have a single problem with it. It was very, very tight when I first got it, from the mags to racking it, but after cycling 6 mags by hand while sitting on the couch it loosened up nicely.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
My babies

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
I'm also in the market for a new pistol as I'm returning from being stationed overseas (in a country that bans guns). I previously owned a Sig P239 in .40S&W. It was a great gun but I'm looking to step up to a .45 now. I love almost everything Sig makes but I'm also a fan of Kimber...just not their prices lol.

Any suggestions? BTW I also do not like Glocks or any hammerless design.
If you're looking for a full size, check out the Sig P227. Double stack .45 ACP in a grip size not much thicker than the single stack P220. This means 10rd standard magazines, or 15rd extended capacity.

I've had a West German P220 for over 10 years, and got a 227 earlier this year. Love both guns, and love being able to run high capacity in the 227.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk