Steeds its support bushings and diff bushings red

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
My aluminum diff bushings showed up yesterday, and ya those instructions kind of suck. Was hoping I could find some better ones online. I will go over to youtube and look for the install video.
Yea man....they are pretty shitty..I thought it was just me being dense..but alas it's worded poorly and not super clear. Regardless I couldn't find any good install vids if u do please share.
Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I see NO videos online still.. Anyone care to elaborate more on the install. I assume that there are only two bushings holding the rear diff up there and obviously the bushings labeled front go in front and the ones labeled rear go in the rear of the factory junk. but then ALL of these bolts when there is only one hole?? I didn't get any lock tight or lube (if its needed)??

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
I see NO videos online still.. Anyone care to elaborate more on the install. I assume that there are only two bushings holding the rear diff up there and obviously the bushings labeled front go in front and the ones labeled rear go in the rear of the factory junk. but then ALL of these bolts when there is only one hole?? I didn't get any lock tight or lube (if its needed)??
Mine came with ES lube like most their parts. It's a small tube and is clear so u you may have over looked it. No lock tite provided.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine came with ES lube like most their parts. It's a small tube and is clear so u you may have over looked it. No lock tite provided.
Ok I will look again when I get home today. Did you use any lock tite? I thought I read in the "instructions" to use some?

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Ok I will look again when I get home today. Did you use any lock tite? I thought I read in the "instructions" to use some?
I have to go grab some more lock tite actually, instructions advised to use some on certain bolts so I plan too. I have yet to install these yet as I was hoping to find more detailed info or pics/vid. Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My aluminum diff bushings showed up yesterday, and ya those instructions kind of suck. Was hoping I could find some better ones online. Cant find any install videos for the Diff bushings.. anyone have any links?
[ame]

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
^^^^ this is for the IRS support bushings not the differential bushings

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I still don't see a video either and the pictures are VERY small which makes it difficult to see what they are talking about.

Steps 3-6 in the instructions work on the front bushings, completely separate location from the rear bushings in step 7-8. The rear bushings are very easy and straight forward.

The front bushings is where the confusion is. You will be taking out 1 long factory bolt that goes in from the rear towards the front all the way through the hole in the first part of step 4, then replacing it with a shorter (65mm) bolt and washer.

In step 5, the shorter bolt will allow room for the shortest bolt (35mm) to be installed in the same hole but coming from the front of the car meeting the one you just installed. This is the side you will actually put the bushing, ensuring you rotate it to align with the factory bushing, of course include the washer.

There is very limited space to work on the front bushings, that is why you drop the front of the IRS down. Unfortunately, you can only drop it down as far as the exhaust which will still leave very little room to work unless you drop the exhaust down first which in hind-sight would have saved me a lot of time. I hope it helps.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I still don't see a video either and the pictures are VERY small which makes it difficult to see what they are talking about.

Steps 3-6 in the instructions work on the front bushings, completely separate location from the rear bushings in step 7-8. The rear bushings are very easy and straight forward.

The front bushings is where the confusion is. You will be taking out 1 long factory bolt that goes in from the rear towards the front all the way through the hole in the first part of step 4, then replacing it with a shorter (65mm) bolt and washer.

In step 5, the shorter bolt will allow room for the shortest bolt (35mm) to be installed in the same hole but coming from the front of the car meeting the one you just installed. This is the side you will actually put the bushing, ensuring you rotate it to align with the factory bushing, of course include the washer.

There is very limited space to work on the front bushings, that is why you drop the front of the IRS down. Unfortunately, you can only drop it down as far as the exhaust which will still leave very little room to work unless you drop the exhaust down first which in hind-sight would have saved me a lot of time. I hope it helps.
Thanks Joe :)

Working on getting an install video everyone!

Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Thanks David, please do. Choking Victim and I are planning on doing at the same time to help each other out, and the video would do tons for confidence, since the instructions are a bit lacking on the front bushings.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks David, please do. Choking Victim and I are planning on doing at the same time to help each other out, and the video would do tons for confidence, since the instructions are a bit lacking on the front bushings.

I have mine ready to install and I am also waiting on a video.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those that have installed these so far. It appears the black ones have virtually no increased NVH over the stock setup. If there is noise, it sounds like it is barely audible?

My exhaust on my car is pretty loud (Ford Racing x-pipe with Roush AB) so that would mask most of the noise if not all since it appears to be faint.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can anyone that has installed these post a couple pics of the front and rear? I THOUGHT the rear seemed pretty straight forward to install but it was the front with 2 bolts for each bushing that made it confusing? I was wanting to get under the car this evening and see if I can figure it out and install them. I hope I'm just over thinking it and once I get under it and actually get my eyes on it, it will make sense.
Sponsored