Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
RE: Pump Shuts Off Every Time

FordService
Hello Jeff, To answer your question:

"Did you visit the dealer today? Let me know if they provided a diagnosis on it yet."

The car was dropped off at my local Ford dealer today, They did confirm that the car doesn't want to take gas normally. It remains overnight at the dealer. So far they have been unable to provide a specific diagnosis as to whats causing to issue. They did check to see if any vents where blocked and for any pinches in the fuel line but as of today nothing produced any positive results.

Hopefully ill get some more information tomorrow. Stay tuned.:shrug:

2015 V6 Fastback.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FordService
Hello Jeff, To answer your question:

"Did you visit the dealer today? Let me know if they provided a diagnosis on it yet."

The car was dropped off at my local Ford dealer today, They did confirm that the car doesn't want to take gas normally. It remains overnight at the dealer. So far they have been unable to provide a specific diagnosis as to whats causing to issue. They did check to see if any vents where blocked and for any pinches in the fuel line but as of today nothing produced any positive results.

Hopefully ill get some more information tomorrow. Stay tuned.:shrug:

2015 V6 Fastback.
Thanks for letting me know, Bbrillon998. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll gladly see how I can help.

Nick

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for letting me know, Bbrillon998. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll gladly see how I can help.

Nick
PM Sent Nick.

Update: The vehicle will be getting a new gas tank confirmed by the servicing Ford dealer today. Issue seems to stem from the gas tank not venting properly as explained by the dealer. They say replacing it should solve the problem. 4 days till the fuel tank assembly is at the dealer. I'm riding around in a curiosity rental 2015 Focus hatch for now. Ironic that i has a sliver 2010 focus before the mustang. :D

2015 V6 Fastback

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
PM Sent Nick.

Update: The vehicle will be getting a new gas tank confirmed by the servicing Ford dealer today. Issue seems to stem from the gas tank not venting properly as explained by the dealer. They say replacing it should solve the problem. 4 days till the fuel tank assembly is at the dealer. I'm riding around in a curiosity rental 2015 Focus hatch for now. Ironic that i has a sliver 2010 focus before the mustang. :D

2015 V6 Fastback
Thanks for letting me know, Bbrillion998; glad to read this is being taken care of for you! :) I'll be responded to your PM shortly.

Nick

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Just filled mine up for the first time with no problem. It ran 15.3 gallons in before it kicked off.

Sponsored

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I filled up yesterday and it must have clicked off 5-10 times even doing it manually. Really annoying. I'm going to try not filling up so fast.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Hey Bbrillon998, Did the gas tank fix your gas fill issue. I have the same problem.Thanks,Bill

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I wonder why some vehicles seem to have "constricted fill tubes". I am lucky that I can set the fuel hose to full on and it only clicks off when the tank is truly full. It has made no difference which brand of gas I use...the pumps all work fine.

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to Give an update to all out there wondering or having this same problem : disappointingly, the replacement of the fuel tank did not fix the problem of it shutting off the gas pump when refueling. Once it was replaced the dealer tested it and it still has the same problem. So afterwards they decided to replace the easy fuel system and to fuel lines that go to the tank in including the vapor return.

That actually fixed the problem for me. Now it will shut off only once or twice when it nearing a full tank at the gas station, which is far better then what it used to do (shutting off every 1-2 sec no mater how empty the gas tank was.)

I highly recommend which ever dealer you take it to: have them replace the easy fuel system and fuel lines. so to avoid the nuance and time the problem has caused me so far.

Regards, Brian.

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the photo of the warranty work that was done to my car there you can see the work done and the tests preformed. Replacing the line from the easy fuel system is what fixed the issue.

Regards,

Brian B.

Sponsored
OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here is the photo of the warranty work that was done to my car there you can see the work done and the tests preformed. Replacing the line from the easy fuel system is what fixed the issue.

Regards,

Brian B.
How long did they have your car for?

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The issue took an astonishing 29 days to resolve.

This was partly due to the slow ordering and shipping of the fuel tank and the fuel line/ fuel filler neck on the second attempt. Yeah you read that right 29 days..... That why i posted the work order so people can just have the dealer preforming the warranty work skip straight to replacing the part for the filler neck.

Regards,
Brian B.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Whoa crud a month??? Phew.....

Yeah I am gonna wait until (Cough Cough - Uhem Ford Service) a TSB comes around...

Welp its good to hear you have it mostly fixed. Please let us know how this does over the course of time please!

Certainly not anything that big to worry about - Costco pumps don't do that to me only the "cheap" eco green vapor recover jobs at some of the other chains.

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 Ecoboost Premium
I have the exact same issue. I have to hold the pump until the tank is full or it clicks. Has anybody found a solution yet?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"Found blockage in the filler neck"...what was the blockage? If enough to block the neck...I wonder if any of the 'blockage' got into the gas tank?
Sponsored