Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Do they make a procharger kit for the V6 mustangs?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
Do they make a procharger kit for the V6 mustangs?
My Build Thread seems to have become the official S550 ProCharger FAQ thread... I want commission.

I honestly have no idea, as its not something I've ever investigated ... perhaps start a thread in the V6 Forums, private message ProCharger on here, send ProCharger an email or check out their website?

A quick review of their website shows no current kit for the V6, but perhaps one is forthcoming as they show one for the 2011-2014 v6 : http://www.procharger.com/2011_v6_mustang.shtml

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome thread!!!!! How did I miss it?

The wheel hop is driving me nuts. I keep almost ordering all the Steeda parts, but I want to see the BMR solution first..
You will be happy you waited. :cheers:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I'm also waiting to see what BMR does with the lower inner bushings. My T-Bird had wheel hop problems until I got a set of lower inner poly bushings from a 2002 Cobra and "Frankensteined" them into the lower control arms. Also got a set of poly bushings for the knuckles as well - the problem went away. Didn't affect the ride much either... a little harder on the bumps, but it corners much better too. Rear obediently follows the front around the bends.

That is all...
I don't wanna muddy this thread up, but the only option for the inner bushing you are speaking of is a bearing. It is on a different plane than the rear pivot, and a polyurethane bushing in the position would be a nightmare. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thread!!!!! How did I miss it?

You will be happy you waited. :cheers:
Thats why Im waiting, now take all of my monies! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My Build Thread seems to have become the official S550 ProCharger FAQ thread... I want commission.
It would appear it has (that's just how awesome your car is). Sorry for jacking any of your thread. You should become a rep for ProCharger.

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blower is installed and of course its POURING rain here, and I dont feel like standing in the rain taking pictures ... so installed pictures will be forthcoming, but for meow:

Incase anyone missed it, this is the ProCharger HO complete, pre tuned 8psi kit, with the Stage 2 Intercooloer Upgrade. (Before you ask why I chose this kit, please read the previous 3 pages of this build thread, as I feel as though I have covered this thoroughly ... if you still have questions, Im happy to answer them. :cheers: )

Ordering and shipping:

I ordered my complete kit from TeamBeefCake - Not only was his price, imho, unbeatable but he helped me reason through which ProCharger combination was best for me. Active forum vendor sponsors like BeefCake and others are an invaluable resource to the community. He obviously cares, just look at all the unpaid work he performed on the ARH vs SW header debate: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18140&highlight=ARH+Headers . Excellent service. I received a FedEx tracking number 4 business days after placing my order and received my complete kit 6 business days after placing my order. My kit was extremely well packed, upon inspection ProCharger obviously is very careful about Pre-Shipment QC, parts inspection and ensuring that all parts are in fact accounted for.

Receipt of Software:

Once I had downloaded my stock file and emailed it to ProCharger,I received my tuned file (without any need for me calling and prompting/prodding) within 2 hours of sending the email out.

Install:

I believe ProChargers 5hr claim as being POSSIBLE. I have never owned a Mustang prior to this, have ZERO experience with them :

Includuded in my install time:
-The original baseline dyno
-Installing the kit
-Downloading, emailing and loading software
-Taking lunch and snack-time breaks
-road testing the car
-re-dynoing the car after

-8.5hrs

I had ZERO issues fitting this kit. Fitment was excellent. The instructions are detailed. You almost can't screw this up.

If there were to be a caveat with it, its the tuner/user-interface ... its archaic, and slow. This is 2015, there are better options. That being said: I had no problems with it. - It does its job

Claimed Kit Results vs my actual results :

-The ONLY modification installed on this car is the ProCharger kit – This car does not even have a cat-back exhaust installed yet. (I have an ARH Cat-Back, but I will be installing and dynoing next week, as I want to see if a cat-back alone adds any power once FI is in play)
-This is the tune from ProCharger – obviously it conservative
-I am running piss poor 91oct

-Before considering my peak number, please keep in mind my baseline numbers ... look at delta and actual %

-ProCharger advertises a 45%-50% gain as being possible with the 8psi HO Kit (Per their website) : I GAINED EXACTLY 49.43%

Stock Dyno:

ProCharger HO Kit Only:

Overlay:

Fantastic Work ProCharger!

Initial Driving Impressions: I honestly was only able to drive the car for about 10 minutes before it started pouring, it rained all last night, and is still raining today. The kit really feels exactly the way I thought (hoped) it would. Power is extremely linear and predictable. I am extremely satisfied with this kit, based on my initial drive and I am pleased that I decided to go with a centrifugal unit on this car. I will provide a more thourough and complete review of my driving impressions once it dries up a bit here, and the roads are a bit more clean (I still have 2.5ft of snow in my yard) – However I can already tell that this car DESPERATELY needs wider/stickier rubber ASAP.

I will get videos, pictures and before/after exhaust dyno's sometime next week.

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Blower is installed and of course its POURING rain here, and I dont feel like standing in the rain taking pictures ... so installed pictures will be forthcoming, but for meow:

Incase anyone missed it, this is the ProCharger HO complete, pre tuned 8psi kit, with the Stage 2 Intercooloer Upgrade. (Before you ask why I chose this kit, please read the previous 3 pages of this build thread, as I feel as though I have covered this thoroughly ... if you still have questions, Im happy to answer them. :cheers: )

Ordering and shipping:

I ordered my complete kit from TeamBeefCake - Not only was his price, imho, unbeatable but he helped me reason through which ProCharger combination was best for me. Active forum vendor sponsors like BeefCake and others are an invaluable resource to the community. He obviously cares, just look at all the unpaid work he performed on the ARH vs SW header debate: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18140&highlight=ARH+Headers . Excellent service. I received a FedEx tracking number 4 business days after placing my order and received my complete kit 6 business days after placing my order. My kit was extremely well packed, upon inspection ProCharger obviously is very careful about Pre-Shipment QC, parts inspection and ensuring that all parts are in fact accounted for.

Receipt of Software:

Once I had downloaded my stock file and emailed it to ProCharger,I received my tuned file (without any need for me calling and prompting/prodding) within 2 hours of sending the email out.

Install:

I believe ProChargers 5hr claim as being POSSIBLE. I have never owned a Mustang prior to this, have ZERO experience with them :

Includuded in my install time:
-The original baseline dyno
-Installing the kit
-Downloading, emailing and loading software
-Taking lunch and snack-time breaks
-road testing the car
-re-dynoing the car after

-8.5hrs

I had ZERO issues fitting this kit. Fitment was excellent. The instructions are detailed. You almost can't screw this up.

If there were to be a caveat with it, its the tuner/user-interface ... its archaic, and slow. This is 2015, there are better options. That being said: I had no problems with it. - It does its job

Claimed Kit Results vs my actual results :

-The ONLY modification installed on this car is the ProCharger kit – This car does not even have a cat-back exhaust installed yet. (I have an ARH Cat-Back, but I will be installing and dynoing next week, as I want to see if a cat-back alone adds any power once FI is in play)
-This is the tune from ProCharger – obviously it conservative
-I am running piss poor 91oct

-Before considering my peak number, please keep in mind my baseline numbers ... look at delta and actual %

-ProCharger advertises a 45%-50% gain as being possible with the 8psi HO Kit (Per their website) : I GAINED EXACTLY 49.43%

Stock Dyno:

ProCharger HO Kit Only:

Overlay:

Fantastic Work ProCharger!

Initial Driving Impressions: I honestly was only able to drive the car for about 10 minutes before it started pouring, it rained all last night, and is still raining today. The kit really feels exactly the way I thought (hoped) it would. Power is extremely linear and predictable. I am extremely satisfied with this kit, based on my initial drive and I am pleased that I decided to go with a centrifugal unit on this car. I will provide a more thourough and complete review of my driving impressions once it dries up a bit here, and the roads are a bit more clean (I still have 2.5ft of snow in my yard) – However I can already tell that this car DESPERATELY needs wider/stickier rubber ASAP.

I will get videos, pictures and before/after exhaust dyno's sometime next week.
Looks amazing and glad you had great success (yup) with the install and everything!

When the weather stops being stupid would it be possible for you to record a few videos to get an idea of what it'll sound like with the stock exhaust. I'm very curious as to what it sounds like I'm the cabin and what the rest of the world is going to hear.

TxBornSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang comes when the Wife gets out of NP school
I'm hooked. I can't wait to see what happens Next. And late this summer when I get mine expect lots of shout outs!

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03/28/15 – INITIAL DRIVING IMPRESSIONS UPDATE

It stopped raining late yesterday morning, and the roads dried up a bit by the evening, and overnight ... so between last night and this morning I actually put about ~125 miles on the car. I will ultimately provide a more robust review after I’ve really had some time with the kit/tune but here are my initial impressions.

- Still on stock rubber
-I live in Maine. Its fucking cold here still. My range for driving this car with the ProCharger installed has fluctuated between 20 and 45 degrees. Mostly hovering around 32-35deg

Cold Start:
The car starts perfectly, just like stock, every time. I started the car at ~25deg this morning, after it sat all night: No issues. No hard start. This has not been the case with all other modified/tuned/fuel-system-modified cars that I have owned. – Impressed

Idle:
Car idles like stock, it is not searching, bouncing, etc. – Neat-o

WOT drivability:
On the stock tires, in cold weather, on dirty/sandy roads: 1st, 2nd and the first part of 3rd are worthless and are simply exercises in judicial throttle application. – If you’re buying this kit, you’ll want better rubber sooner rather than later. I knew this, have budgeted for it, but am having a difficult time deciding what rimmmmmzzzzzth I want.

Once you can actually put the power to the ground, 3rd and 4th gear are absolutely amazing. Power is perfectly linear, smooth and controllable. My first pulls to the top of 3rd and 4th gear immediately validated my decision to go with a centrifugal unit. No strange tuning hiccups at WOT (That I have noticed yet), the car pulls hard, smoothly, to redline. – Awesome

Cruising around town:
One thing I like about centrifugal units, is that I could easily hand this car to my mother to go get groceries in. She would cruise around in this thing bellow 2500rpm and would be none the wiser to the fact that its making 558whp. You can, comfortably cruise in this thing, and its no unmanageable in any way ... or atleast it essentially feels like a stock car.

Partial throttle driving:
I would like to preface this by saying that I have often been accused of being overly picky, and tend to pick up on things that other people wouldn’t always necessarily notice ... or atleast might not be bothered by.

Im not sure if this is a product of the tuning platform parameter limitations or an issue with the tune (Perhaps ProCharger can jump in here) ... but I would say that this is this kits “shortcoming”. The car definitely hesitates, at certain times, at certain throttle inputs ... it almost feels like an early-gen drive-by-wire “lag/delay” issue. If you just put the pedal straight to the floor, it is NOT a problem. But driving at higher pedal input levels, and modulating the throttle, it creates this odd (minute, but noticeable to me) delay. – This is not a huge issue, and I would not try to dissuade someone from purchasing this kit because of it, but it is there.

Overall initial impression:
The kit is absolutely on point. Install is a breeze. 50% power addition, is unbelievable. WOT driving is perfect. If you’re putting together a street car, for occasional trips to the strip, I really think this is the kit to go with.

Sponsored

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im not sure if this is a product of the tuning platform parameter limitations or an issue with the tune (Perhaps ProCharger can jump in here) ... but I would say that this is this kits “shortcoming”. The car definitely hesitates, at certain times, at certain throttle inputs ... it almost feels like an early-gen drive-by-wire “lag/delay” issue. If you just put the pedal straight to the floor, it is NOT a problem. But driving at higher pedal input levels, and modulating the throttle, it creates this odd (minute, but noticeable to me) delay. – This is not a huge issue, and I would not try to dissuade someone from purchasing this kit because of it, but it is there.
I remember when I would reflash my Subaru it would take the car a good while to get the throttle response back to a "normal" feel and would have the exact same things you are describing. Granted that was a Subaru so there is a good chance I'm completely off. Hopefully after driving it for a while and the ecu "settles" it will be more normal. Just my thoughts but glad to see that you love the system!

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my ARH H Pipe Cat Back Today - Im very pleased with the results

[ame]

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads