First Time Buying A New Mustang. Help?

Spencer505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Malibu LT, Soon to be 15 Mustang GT
I'm at that point in my life where I'm OK to splurge a little, and go for a 2015 base GT. Only problem is, I basically have no car buying experience (How to talk to dealerships, How to negotiate, etc.) and I am nervous that I'll get a bad deal. I would also appreciate if someone could give me things to look for before buying a 15 GT... I already know to look for badly aligned body panels, but what else? I am very meticulous about those sorts of details, such as bad stitching, body panels, sticky gears, etc.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I used unhaggle.com to get the best price then contacted 10 dealerships in the area and told them what I want and let them know that I will be purchasing from the best price. So basically it was a bidding war, and in the end I was able to purchase 6% below invoice price.

Once you get your car, check for any defects before you sign off. If anything bothers you, or any problems in the paint refuse delivery. You bought a new car, it should look and drive new.

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
My one and only experience with a dealership was the S550 on order. I built the GT on the Ford website, printed it off, and then wrote on the paper what I was willing to pay.

Walked into the dealership, handed them the printout and said "yes or no?"

Walked out an hour later with the paperwork all signed and a car ordered for what I wanted, and at the price I wanted. Just make sure you have the look like you'll straight up walk out if they say no.

Willy1680

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
use the services of a car broker, they will do all the negotiation, paperwork and even deliver it to you. Look up in the internet for someone near to your location. I am in Toronto so not much help using the one I did.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
My one and only experience with a dealership was the S550 on order. I built the GT on the Ford website, printed it off, and then wrote on the paper what I was willing to pay.

Walked into the dealership, handed them the printout and said "yes or no?"

Walked out an hour later with the paperwork all signed and a car ordered for what I wanted, and at the price I wanted. Just make sure you have the look like you'll straight up walk out if they say no.
How much did you save?

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
don't buy any warranties, paint protectants, etc.. from the dealership. If you want a warranty you can buy them online for a lot less money from another ford dealership.

docbog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem, 50th AP
Do some reading in the "Order, Tracking, etc" thread

Join Mustang Club of America for $50.

You will get a PIN and "X Plan" Pricing plus limited dealer charge to $100.

Build and price the car you want on the Ford.com website - prices will be MSRP

With your MCA PIN you can repeat build and price with "X Plan" prices.

Order the Mustang brochure, may get another $750 credit, check Ford incentives.

I hope this helps.

Lots of tips on the Forum

I would highly recommend considering the GT Premium if you are looking at GT.

Good Luck!!

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
I used Xplan myself which got the car for about 3500 under MSRP and then another 1500 in rebates on top, I was happy, pretty happy, as that was the first time using that kind of program.
Xplan is the way to go if you're not interested in squeezing every last nickel out of them and dont particularly care for the haggling experience.
Others seem to enjoy the back and forth and satisfaction in knowing the salesman will have to name their first born after them as part of the deal.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I didn't feel like haggling, so I just paid MSRP to avoid the hassle.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm at that point in my life where I'm OK to splurge a little, and go for a 2015 base GT. Only problem is, I basically have no car buying experience (How to talk to dealerships, How to negotiate, etc.) and I am nervous that I'll get a bad deal. I would also appreciate if someone could give me things to look for before buying a 15 GT... I already know to look for badly aligned body panels, but what else? I am very meticulous about those sorts of details, such as bad stitching, body panels, sticky gears, etc.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Go into the order part of the forums and read away.

Also go to Truecar.com and spec out your car and you can see the price. Ive had dealers basically give me what they said right there on the site which well below invoice.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Go into the order part of the forums and read away.

Also go to Truecar.com and spec out your car and you can see the price. Ive had dealers basically give me what they said right there on the site which well below invoice.
I paid $43,390, MSRP, less a $1,500 Ford incentive discount thing that I didn't ask for and wasn't told about until I came in to pick up the car and sign the paperwork.

TrueCar says that, for a car specc'ed like mine, the median price is $40,864. So, $2,500 less than I agreed to, and $1,000 less than I actually paid. It seems like a lot of work to go haggling with dealers and shopping around and whatnot to save a thousand bucks.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
OP, before you order check out the base and premium cars. Also check out the colors as well, seeing them in person is huge. If a manual, get the PP without a second thought. The recaros are a nice addition. Overall when you go just check for any paint flaws, etc. if anything does crop up they will cover it so I wouldn't be too concerned.

SpaceGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Try true car. They will tell you the least and most paid for the car with your options. Then dealers will compete and contact you for your business.

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
Skip any "undercarriage coating" stuff they try to sell you.
Sponsored