Sponsored

Sound tube delete

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I measured the hole in the firewall and it is 30mm. Ford part number W651016S300 should work to cover the hole and is a factory piece.
Sponsored

SSLByron

Media Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leftlanenews.com
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
I measured the hole in the firewall and it is 30mm. Ford part number W651016S300 should work to cover the hole and is a factory piece.
Going to order this and try it out. I have a generic plastic hardware store cap in there right now that only sort-of fits.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I just got some free plastic plugs in the mail from a business in Missouri. I will see if they fit this weekend as I don't feel like scratching up my arm again to get the old plug out and test fit this new one. If it works I may have 3 extras.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I wasn't real crazy about using a rubber stopper on mine. Wanted something a little more OEM looking. So I looked around for rubber plugs to be used on sheet metal holes. Found a company online that had them in a zillion different sizes. I attempted to measure the hole but just couldn't get a tape measure on it. So, using the tube that came out, I estimated it to be 1 1/8" hole. That equates to about 27mm. So, I ordered 25mm, 27mm, and 29mm just to be sure I'd have it covered. Nice thing, is the company mentions something about free samples. Hmmmm. So, I call them, and the gal is like sure, we can send you some samples. What's the name of your company? Umm, I'm just a guy, just be for myself. She's like ok. Gets my info to send them. I ask, well, how much are they, the plugs? She says, well we have a minimum quantity of 500 and they're 34 cents apiece. I'm like sounds great, I'll let you know. Thanks. Umm, don't think I'm gonna order 500!!
So, tonight, had my wife pop this one in as I couldn't get my hand down there. She dropped a 29mm somewhere (still can't find it) and got a 27mm to go in. It looks a little small, but it will stay just fine. I'll yank my strut tower braces off so I can get to it better and get the 29mm in there, I think it'll fit much tighter. Just didn't feel like messing with it too long tonight, it was only 3 degrees in the garage.
The website I found them on is www.caplugs.com I would also think a regular parts store should be able to order something like this too for maybe a couple dollars apiece. I will have a few extra of these after I see if I can get the 29mm to fit in more snug. If that is the case, PM me with your address and I'll throw one in an envelope and send it to you. At best, I'll have four extras, 1-29mm and 3-27mm. The 27mm which is what is in the following pic is fine, but the 29mm may be a better fit. First four to send me their info, I'll send the extras out to after I double check which one fits the best on mine.

My company deals with caplugs already. We use their products everyday. I'll check when I get back to work about ordering a bunch. I'm off on breivment till next Friday.

Sponsored

KCTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT P.P.
My company deals with caplugs already. We use their products everyday. I'll check when I get back to work about ordering a bunch. I'm off on breivment till next Friday.
One of their local sales reps called me today, following up on my 'samples' order. Customer service, huh, something a certain exhaust company who makes a very popular add on could take a lesson from. Anyhoo, I told her there was no way I would ever need the minimum order amount of 500 pieces. Only $0.34 apiece though! Anthony, if you zoom in, I took the pic so you could read the part numbers. The 29mm fit nice. Another member measured the hole at 30mm, but I just couldn't get a trustworthy measurement which is why I ordered the three different sizes. I don't remember seeing a 30mm listed, but just wasn't looking that big either. Hopefully, since your company deals with them already, maybe you can get a non standard smaller order.
My condolences on your bereavement, it's never easy.

KCTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT P.P.
Good info. Was the best fit 27mm or 29mm? I will see if I can call and get a sample pack. If anyone has one please let me know.
29mm fits great. The 27mm goes in but us definitely a bit looser. It'll stay, but the 29 is real good.

Bucky69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP RR
Removing that irrelevant POS really cleans things up a lot! I'll be tackling the removal in a few days. Good info from everyone involved. Nice thread! :thumbsup:

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
do you mean one of these?

That's the method I used. While you are loosening the nut off the overly long bolt you just need to relax and go to your happy place. It eventually comes off. What an annoying, wasteful POS that sound tube is!

Sponsored

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
adding to this, after finally getting around to removing:
forget trying to get that nut on the firewall off - there's a much easier way. undo the clamp and remove half the sound tube (the part connected to the intake) - then just twist the remaining portion until it comes off. easy-peasy, and no damage so you can put the POS back on again if you so desire :)

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
That's the method I used. While you are loosening the nut off the overly long bolt you just need to relax and go to your happy place. It eventually comes off. What an annoying, wasteful POS that sound tube is!

Definitely a wasteful POS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Do the aftermarker intakes come with a cap for it?
The AirRaid does come with a cap for it as well as a cap/plug for your firewall.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Just did.

1.25 pounds

Shaved .00000000000000001 second off my ET. ;)
could prolly save the same amount of time off ur run if u just took a crap before you got in your car. LOL

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
could prolly save the same amount of time off ur run if u just took a crap before you got in your car. LOL
I make all my runs naked. Saves a couple more pounds and .00000000000000002 off my ET. ;)
Sponsored