Sponsored

The Wait Is Over: Ford Euro sites finally updated with Configurator and price list

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Ford's packaging combinations for individual markets always has fascinated me. Even various combinations of paint and interior colors differ from one market to the next, not to mention feature content. I presume, of course, that Ford's online configurators are complete and accurate - which they rarely seem to be.

At least everybody gets to share in the asinine and irrational arbitrary requirements, none of which have anything to do with regulatory compliance, customs and excise or other homologation-related phenomenon.

However, I do find fascinating that despite being produced in Flat Rock for export by workers who crack open the same cans of Budweiser after their shifts as everybody else in the U.S., some of the various parts which are intended for export vehicles may as well be on Mars as far as obtaining them locally within the U.S.

Of course, the same was true in reverse with import (to U.S.) vehicles from other markets like Transit Connect when I needed to source mirrors and other interior components from British and German dealers because Ford wasn't fully committed to supporting the entire breadth of the Transit Connect portfolio, but I suppose it only goes to show how new a phenomenon global auto exports on a large scale as "in market" vehicles elsewhere is for U.S. makers - versus European and Japanese makers whose primary markets almost always have been for export from day one.
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I asked my dealer about the price differences. Next to the obvious tax differences, apparently the packaging for the NL cars is different from other countries. For example the NL cars are supposedly coming with 8 inch navigation standard. I don't know how this exactly explains the entire price gap, but we'll just have to wait and see once the info comes online on the NL site.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
all euro countries will have the 8 inch screen with SYNC 2 standard.
Navigation feature itself is optional, but it's included in the custom pack.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
all euro countries will have the 8 inch screen with SYNC 2 standard.
Navigation feature itself is optional, but it's included in the custom pack.
Thing is, we'll have to see what the NL packaging looks like to judge if the pricing is really ridiculous or just a little bit. (There's nothing we are going to do about the emissions tax in any case.)

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thing is, we'll have to see what the NL packaging looks like to judge if the pricing is really ridiculous or just a little bit. (There's nothing we are going to do about the emissions tax in any case.)
There's more than just arbitrary price differences at play. NL obviously is going to have more disposable income nowadays than a GR or PT, but Ford nevertheless must maintain a certain level of demand-based sales volume to make the other costs of offering for sale and supporting a vehicle in each localization sustainable.

In some cases that means de-contenting vehicles. In others, Ford will absorb thinner margins. Above all, it's not just arbitrary xenophobia in favor of one ethnicity versus another - except the Irish, of course. ;)

Sponsored

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
in this statement from Ford I found out that is possible to have pearlscent colour at 1,400 Euro. Does anybody know anything about this matter ? It also confirms at least in Italy we have front and rear parking sensor as optional.
By the way I read during this week we will have a tablet and smartphone app for IOS and Android to configure our Mustang.
listino-prezzi-ford-mustang-2015-1-638.jpg

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
pearlscent colour at 1,400 Euro just means Tripple Yellow Tri-Coat

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Are the packages the same in all Euro countries?

Performance package is standard?

Spanish site only offer options: Navigation + 12 speaker, park system, heated seats and alarm.

Seating options:
2.700€ Ebony leather premium pack
1.900€ Recaro leather seats
:shrug:

I suppose 2.700€ includes another options.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Are the packages the same in all Euro countries?

Performance package is standard?

Spanish site only offer options: Navigation + 12 speaker, park system, heated seats and alarm.

Seating options:
2.700€ Ebony leather premium pack
1.900€ Recaro leather seats
:shrug:

I suppose 2.700€ includes another options.
Same on the UK site except we don't get any seating options only the standard interior. Would love the recaros :(

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
in this statement from Ford I found out that is possible to have pearlscent colour at 1,400 Euro. Does anybody know anything about this matter ? It also confirms at least in Italy we have front and rear parking sensor as optional.
By the way I read during this week we will have a tablet and smartphone app for IOS and Android to configure our Mustang.
Where do you find that sheet? Is it from a Ford dealer? I spoke with two dealers and both do not know nothing about Mustang..

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
No alarm or security options in Norway - and recaros only on fastback (presumably to do with belt fastener/holder?)

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

The parking sensors are just one very good example. Why on earth would Ford not offer those at home in Mustang's strongest and most historic market where relative cost is lowest? Mustang's hood is no shorter here.

Ford made an even MORE asinine decision by omitting reverse sensors entirely and adaptive cruise from the Limited Edition cars despite a massive price premium and supposedly being the epitome of its most iconic nameplate. Would anybody who'd have paid $48,000 NOT paid $49,500? And don't get me started on the $70K GT500 which offers some of the fewest options at all - at ANY price.

But Mustang isn't HALF as bad as the packaging differences between Fusion and the upcoming Mondeo. Adaptive headlamps, front AND rear sensors and all manner of driver aids for Mondeo simply aren't offered - despite pricing Fusion as a premium model on par more with CLA than Camry or Accord.

Despite all the bona fides Ford earned by not only saving itself from failure but also successfully vying against failed and subsidized competitors, it nevertheless continues to seem insistent upon giving customers who are most willing to open their wallets every reason to spend their dosh elsewhere.

Nothing infuriates me more as a customer OR shareholder. It's a perfect example of "car think", the phenomenon of believing car making is governed by a uniquely applicable set of principles as practices which make absolutely NO sense in any other context as if its own gravitational forces exist.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
No alarm or security options in Norway - and recaros only on fastback (presumably to do with belt fastener/holder?)
Security may be based on regulatory issues. Recaros aren't offered on any convertible presumably because convertibles are meant to me performance tourers, not touring racers - although all S197 body styles offered them.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Going to have to choose between saddle seats or black premium seats now... Tough decision ... And then finance that sucker!

Anyone seen the magnetic/saddle demo car in person? Does it look as good as the pics or should one just go for the easy black seats?

(There's also rumours of the standard seats having inferior/weak leather?!!)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I talked to my local Ford dealer today and they confirmed that my CO2 emission tax calculations were exactly right and confirm the numbers they have gotten from Ford Netherlands.

This means that the base price for the manual Ecoboost in the Netherlands (apart from the ecotax) is not 35.000 euro like in Belgium or Germany but 42.873 euro and that we can save 7.873 euro by buying one in Belgium or 7.285 euro by buying one in Germany.

Bizarre!
Sponsored