• NO

Votes: 44 9.9%

• Total voters

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
A Liquid Blue GT350 would look pretty nice next to my EB II 335!

Sponsored

AutoMax

Cobra Breeder :)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arkiq.com
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor / 2017 GT500
Given the attitude Ford has adopted, my guess the "EcoBeast" is tied to the Raptor rather than the GT.
My wife's Explorer Sport has the same engine too...:D
There now appears to be more than one version of the 3.5L TT, perhaps several versions?

I’m assuming the 3.5L TT has about a 350 HP to 650 HP range simply by changing boost levels, but maybe there are more changes internally as well.

The name EcoBeast could work for any 3.5L TT tuned over 400 HP as that’s getting pretty up there in horsepower.

I don’t think the Explorer 3.5L TT will be called EcoBeast as it’s under 400 HP, but you never know, maybe in the future it too will be called EcoBeast.

Example, the term EcoBeast could work for Raptor, Ford GT and GT500 like an emblem on the engine or dash, etc.

Beast doesn’t have to mean Raptor because it can just mean beastly power, that’s my thinking anyways, of course I could be wrong as some of this is still years away from showrooms.

Also, I’d be a bit leery about turning an Explorer 3.5L TT up to 600+ HP to match the Ford GT, probably would cause issues to your drive train, etc. though I’m sure it could be done with a few reinforcements.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
please replace DIB after 1 year, please.

PS I like DIB better but I'm biased

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium

Sponsored

G-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 COUPE
Loving Liquid blue. More of a true blue without the hint of purple I see in DIB. Would also like to see Wimbledon white used on the Shelbys with Guardsman blue stripes.

OP
OP
JGillis

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
The yes votes say it all Ford! Are ya listening? Pretty please :)

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
This Liquid Blue is very similar to Ford's most historical racing color Guardsman Blue. It was used in the 60's on the Daytona Coupe, Cobra, GT40 and Mustang GT350. Yes the classic blue with white stripes. I wish they thought of this color earlier.

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
Yes, a bit different.

I said automatic to keep it simple, what kind of automatic would be up to Ford.

Also, the Ford GT has a 3.5L TT with over 600 HP, perhaps this is the EcoBeast?

The 2017 Raptor also has the same engine as the Ford GT, but I'm assuming detuned as I doubt the 2017 Raptor will have 600 HP, probably about 450 HP but I'd be thrilled if it has more.

Not sure if this is official or not, however I can assume the GT500 will have the 600 HP EcoBeast as well, but I could be wrong, feel free to let me know.

If Ford really wants to shock me, give the GT500 AWD for advanced traction while they're at it.

Thanks for your clarification! :cheers:
The GT's engine is not basically the same as the Raptor's engine, or any other Ford EB engine. It's based on the Daytona Prototype engine they've been racing.

But I digress from the thread.

Liquid Blue: According to what I read yesterday, the Liquid Blue used on the show cars is actually complex to do (Read: very expensive). Apparently it's a three coat process. If Ford decides to offer it (and, sadly, there's no strong indication that they will) you can be sure it'll be limited and will require an up-charge. I can see them offering it on the GT350 models. Might be less likely on the GT/EB/V6.

And whoever suggested eliminating DIB, bite your tongue. It's stunning on the S550.

Sponsored

AutoMax

Cobra Breeder :)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arkiq.com
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor / 2017 GT500
The GT's engine is not basically the same as the Raptor's engine, or any other Ford EB engine. It's based on the Daytona Prototype engine they've been racing.

Liquid Blue: According to what I read yesterday, the Liquid Blue used on the show cars is actually complex to do (Read: very expensive). Apparently it's a three coat process. If Ford decides to offer it (and, sadly, there's no strong indication that they will) you can be sure it'll be limited and will require an up-charge. I can see them offering it on the GT350 models. Might be less likely on the GT/EB/V6.

And whoever suggested eliminating DIB, bite your tongue. It's stunning on the S550.
I read that the GT and Raptor engines were the exact same engines, one around 450 HP and the other around 600 HP, I’m assuming that means the boost is simply turned up higher on the GT version.

So basically what you’re saying is the 3.5L TT is different from one version to the other, not just the boost turned up higher, that’s good to know.

Now if this new Daytona engine is as competitive as you’ve made me think it is from your post, then it should go in the new GT500 too, right? I’m also assuming the new GT500 will include an automatic like in the GT? :love:

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

Pretty sure the tri-coat is already used on the S550, i.e. Triple Yellow and hence the name. Unless the Liquid Blue is something even more involved.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I read that the GT and Raptor engines were the exact same engines, one around 450 HP and the other around 600 HP, I’m assuming that means the boost is simply turned up higher on the GT version.

So basically what you’re saying is the 3.5L TT is different from one version to the other, not just the boost turned up higher, that’s good to know.

Now if this new Daytona engine is as competitive as you’ve made me think it is from your post, then it should go in the new GT500 too, right? I’m also assuming the new GT500 will include an automatic like in the GT? :love:
I am sure there are lots of differences, but Ford was advertising that some huge percentage of the parts were the same between the SHO and the IMSA/Tudor Prototype engines.

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
I am sure there are lots of differences, but Ford was advertising that some huge percentage of the parts were the same between the SHO and the IMSA/Tudor Prototype engines.
Bear in mind that details are pretty scarce still. While I'm sure there are some similarities, initial indications are that it's not very similar.

Ford certainly has an interest in accentuating the similarities between the SHO and the DP but some publications covering the show were careful to point out that the GT engine was very different than any other road-going engine. I guess we'll find out for sure a little farther down the road.

From C&D: "The GT's EcoBoost twin-turbocharged, direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 engine shares far more with the EcoBoost six in Ford's Daytona Prototype LMP2 race car than it does with any roadgoing Ford engine."

In any case, the differences between the GT and Raptor would probably not be simply boost pressure. The engine in the Raptor is surely tuned more specifically for truck/off-road duty.

If there's going to be a new GT500, it would great to see a version of GT mill, but I doubt it would happen. And the V-8 adherents would probably go out of their skulls. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
Pretty sure the tri-coat is already used on the S550, i.e. Triple Yellow and hence the name. Unless the Liquid Blue is something even more involved.
Yes, that's true. But Liquid Blue is apparently trickier to do; it's three different colors laid over each other. Hard to say, but it it might have a special metallic in it, too. Sounds like something you'd get at a high-end custom paint shop.

We'll see. I've seen somewhat conflicting reports. One site reported that Ford would consider adding it to the lineup if there was strong positive feedback, another reported that Ford was not likely to add it.
Sponsored