Convertible Orders

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Mine finally made it to Orlando. I will be picking her up tomorrow morning.:headbang::headbang::amen:

Mines arriving tomorrow. What dealer did you buy from?
Sponsored

ymr7576

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cassie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT Vert

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Nice. Sun state here. Sun state and greenway seemed to be the only dealers in the area that would order me a convertible in Sept

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
w00t!

Dealer hasn't called though, I'll follow up tomorrow, get the paperwork started, hope to drive it home Friday or Saturday
delivered.jpg

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Mine has also arrived at the dealership, but due to work and horrible weather forecast for the weekend I may not get it until next week. This is way harder than waiting for it to arrive at the dealership.
IMG_0456.jpg

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Guard looks awesome on a vert! Still haven't seen one in real life. Please post pix when you get it. Congrats! !!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Congratulations, your Convertible looks Great! I`m not into Black, Silver, or 50 shades of Dark Grey (but) I must admit, Guard is very sharp. That greenish metallic tint added to that Charcoal Grey really stands out. A few years ago Mustang had a similar paint color that was very short lived that had a blueish metallic tint added. Think the paint was supplied from Japan and was quickly killed off after they suffered their Tsunami/Earthquake.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
We just received our first trio of '15 convertibles over the last couple of days. Had a customer buy one and after taking delivery & reading the owner's manual, he asked where his "tonneau caps" were. The owner's manual says they should have been in a bag in the trunk. Through the 2014 model year, Ford offered a convertible boot cover as an extra cost option, but the 2015 owner's manual shows these caps as a pair of caps that fit over the left and right edge of the folded convertible stack when put down to hide the top mechanisms.

We searched and found none in any of our convertibles, nor listed on the "loose item" sticker that the factory puts on each car documenting loose items shipped with the car (i.e. floor mats, nav card, antenna, license plate bracket, etc.). No mention of them as standard or optional in the order guide or order banks. Maybe Ford made a running change after the first printing of owner's manuals, but before production started, deciding not to include the "tonneau caps" for whatever reason?

Anyone else come across "tonneau caps" for their '15 convertible?

ymr7576

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cassie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT Vert
We just our first trio of '15 convertibles over the last couple of days. Had a customer buy one and after taking delivery & reading the owner's manual, he asked where his "tonneau caps" were. The owner's manual says they should have been in a bag in the trunk. None found in any of our convertibles, nor listed on the "loose item" sticker that the factory puts on each car documenting loose items shipped with the car (i.e. floor mats, nav card, antenna, license plate bracket, etc.). No mention of them as standard or optional in the order guide or order banks. Anyone else come across "tonneau caps" for their '15 convertible?
I heard they switched distributors and they are a couple of months behind dealers will be getting them sometime in March for the cars that are being delivered now.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
There is a thread on this issue. Rachel is looking into it as well.

Sponsored

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Mine is in Mesquite, Texas at the rail yard, awaiting a transporter. My dealer says if we're really lucky, I'll have the keys in my hand Saturday. Just in time for a high of 37...guess I'll wait for the top down fun!
That's what the heat and heated seats are for!

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
Mine were missing, too. Of course, no one at the dealer had any clue they were supposed to be included with the Vert. After numerous people searched the car numerous times they gave me an IOU for the caps. Some of the sales people even hinted they were an option before they found out the truth. Geez.:frusty:

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RR V6 vert, 2006 Frontier 4X4, 2014 Maxima
That's how you got her so soon. I have not bugged Loveland so will just have to wait on the trucker. Great top down photo. Love the color, that was my second choice since I'm a 1st CAV veteran.

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RR V6 vert, 2006 Frontier 4X4, 2014 Maxima
Just checked Cotus and Maggie shows DELIVERED 1/6. It's now snowing in Longmont. Well Maggie the dog loved the snow so I hope Maggie the mustang enjoys it to.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
We just received our first trio of '15 convertibles over the last couple of days. Had a customer buy one and after taking delivery & reading the owner's manual, he asked where his "tonneau caps" were. The owner's manual says they should have been in a bag in the trunk. Through the 2014 model year, Ford offered a convertible boot cover as an extra cost option, but the 2015 owner's manual shows these caps as a pair of caps that fit over the left and right edge of the folded convertible stack when put down to hide the top mechanisms.

We searched and found none in any of our convertibles, nor listed on the "loose item" sticker that the factory puts on each car documenting loose items shipped with the car (i.e. floor mats, nav card, antenna, license plate bracket, etc.). No mention of them as standard or optional in the order guide or order banks. Maybe Ford made a running change after the first printing of owner's manuals, but before production started, deciding not to include the "tonneau caps" for whatever reason?

Anyone else come across "tonneau caps" for their '15 convertible?
I heard they switched distributors and they are a couple of months behind dealers will be getting them sometime in March for the cars that are being delivered now.
My dealer just called me because his parts guy couldn't find these caps listed anywhere. I have this photo I'm going to send him, but I don't know what else to tell him. I will look into that other thread to see what he deal is. Not sure if we have to request to get them mailed to us from Ford, or if they will automatically send them to all of us who didn't get them?

Side note, I ordered the A/W mats with my car (no as an accessory, but it is actually on the Window Sticker) but they didn't show up with the car either. It does say "DLR INSTLD ACCY" on the window sticker, but shouldn't it still arrive with the car? Dealer says it will be a couple of weeks before their parts guy can get them in....:frusty:
Sponsored