What did you do to your Mach 1 today

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
I'm getting mine done in one week, did your installer wrap the antenna as well, or was that replaced? Mine said he wouldn't be able to do it because of the shape.
Yes my installer wrapped the antenna and said he does it all the time no problem. It does involve pulling back the headliner inside a little to remove the bolts from underneath and yes, it does take some effort due to the shape but he nailed it. Iā€™m super anal with my cars and couldnā€™t find one flaw with his work. Hope yours is able to do it because no way Iā€™d not do the fin in the same color as the roof. Good luck on yours and post photos when complete!
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Is it just the top strip is too dark and down too far or is your entire entire windshield tinted? If itā€™s just the top strip was it a local cop or DHS? Iā€™m in Texas a lot and see entire windshields tinted, lower strips, top strips, reflective tint. Did you get a ticket for anything else where he tacked on the tint ticket? What were you doing when he lit you up? To just get a tint ticket in Texas for just a too low top strip would be very rare. Sorry it happened to you but Iā€™m curious why this cop zeroed in on you.
The top strip is fine per the trooper. He had an issue with the windshield untinted and clear film. I was driving behind at a normal distance, he went to the right lane and I passed while staying 2 mph under the speed limit. I guess he saw my windshield in his rearview and said it was illegal but the problem is that in the Texas code it is, you cannot have nothing under the AS-1 but on the Texas DPS website it says it is fine. I asked my tint installer who knows two state troopers who has verified it is legal. After I stopped a total of three troopers showed up. I am so dangerous they played with my dog in passenger seat. He did not have a problem with the tint on any of my other glass just the clear and untinted windshield film.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my car from the body shop. QL-50 latch system installed, hood vent color matched to spoiler. I go back in 2 weeks for the decal.

1000000357.jpg
how did you manage to score a hood that wasn't dropped and crinkled and bent?

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
newdecals.jpg

I was pulled over and given a ticket for 70% tint being on the winsdshield even though I told my installer I wanted legal limit so now I get to pay to have it removed.
I'm shocked they even caught that it was tinted. Mine's 70% windshield as well. But I'm also 20% on sides, so compared to that it looks un-tinted. Even door windows are illegal to be tinted here in sunny california - so doesn't really matter if I get pulled over, I'm screwed anyway.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I'm shocked they even caught that it was tinted. Mine's 70% windshield as well. But I'm also 20% on sides, so compared to that it looks un-tinted. Even door windows are illegal to be tinted here in sunny california - so doesn't really matter if I get pulled over, I'm screwed anyway.
I have no idea how he could tell either, my sides are about 27%.

Sponsored

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Ran Road Atlanta with Chin yesterday. First time running my car (have done several racing schools) and had a blast. 130 coming downhill to turn 10a and braking inside of the 300 marker... what a blast.

Learning the capabilities of this car are amazing. Stock engine, trans, rear... Some Steeda stuff in the rear suspension just to tighten things up... Dual rate springs, Trident wheels, PSS tires in 275/305.

Instructor is signing me off for check ride to go solo on my next Chin/RA event.

Oh, and drove 3.5 hours each way to & from, no trailering. What a machine.

No pictures because I was depending on my GoPro, but it kept shutting off and I only got like 30 seconds of usable video just coming off pit road. Disappointed there...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
how did you manage to score a hood that wasn't dropped and crinkled and bent?
Got lucky I guess. The body shop still had to do plenty of work on the hood itself but overall it wasn't too bad. The worst part he said was getting the connecting rods mounted to the radiator bracket which was tricky and had to do some grinding.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Removed my MACH 1 emblems and replaced them with the MACH 1 overlays to give it a sleeker look.

gorditas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I finally completed my Cervinis hood install. All finishing was done locally, including the CF hydro dip. Very pleased with the finished look and fitment. The hood no longer shakes at highway speed like the factory version.

FYI: What looks like clouding in the CF is a reflection of actual clouds!

20240409_151846.jpg
20240409_151959.jpg
20240409_152129.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Can the factory hood shaking be alleviated (without changing the hood)?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It hit 80Ā° plus here today and will for the next two days so Iā€™m getting excited. Once it starts holding those temps the parts will start being ordered for the HP spoiler and Gurney flap and a few other things. Bronze wheels are also in the mix if I find the ones I really like.

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Installed continental extreme contact sport 2ā€™s, swapped over from Michellin sport cup 2ā€™s which gave me an astonishing 5000 kms,
I have to say that the continental extreme contacts in my opinion are a great tire, the ride quality and overall feel is very nice, šŸ˜Š
IMG_2608.jpeg
IMG_2611.jpeg
IMG_2610.png

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Can the factory hood shaking be alleviated (without changing the hood)?
When he posted that, it reminded me to go out in the garage and fiddle with mine. I raised the snubbers a little bit and gave the hood a tug before and after. Feels more secure so I'll have to remember to watch the next time I get on the interstate.

It raised the hood some, the outer 3" of the hood is a little higher than the bumper cover. Everywhere else is still level.
Sponsored