Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I would just like to thank my car for getting us both invited to be a part of the 2023 SEMA show in Vegas.....

I cannot believe I have been offered this incredible experience, and I hope to see some of you there.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!
Thanks!

that’s awesome Jaime! Who is sponsoring you?
Thanks Brian! Funny story, and not who you would think.....

I received a voicemail on my office phone from a guy named Tim who is the driver of the Shelby TT that goes to the Shelby events all across the country. I met him a few years ago and see him fairly often at events. He called me because the director of Team Shelby in the South Carolina area asked him to contact me for him. He wanted to know if I was bringing my car to Mustang Week this year (I wasn't).

Turns out he is friends with someone who is of the new management for SCT Tuners in CA. They reached out to him because they were in search of a "caliber" car (their word, not mine) to use for marketing and have on display at SEMA. He immediately thought of me, from seeing my car himself at 2021 Mustang Week. He then put me in touch with SCT.

I'll be there Sunday to Sunday. I will help bring my car in and set it up. I will wipe it down each morning and drive it out for the after SEMA parade and after bash. I will drive it to locations on Friday and Saturday for marketing photo shoots.

My 28 y/o son and I will get all access passes, including the days before the event. For the rest of the time there we are free to do what we want. We are pretty excited to say the least.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks!

I received a voicemail on my office phone from a guy named Tim who is the driver of the Shelby TT that goes to the Shelby events all across the country. I met him a few years ago and see him fairly often at events. He called me because the director of Team Shelby in the South Carolina area asked him to contact me for him. He wanted to know if I was bringing my car to Mustang Week this year (I wasn't).

Turns out he is friends with someone who is of the new management for SCT Tuners in CA. They reached out to him because they were in search of a "caliber" car (their word, not mine) to use for marketing and have on display at SEMA. He immediately thought of me, from seeing my car himself at 2021 Mustang Week. He then put me in touch with SCT.

I'll be there Sunday to Sunday. I will help bring my car in and set it up. I will wipe it down each morning and drive it out for the after SEMA parade and after bash. I will drive it to locations on Friday and Saturday for marketing photo shoots.

My 28 y/o son and I will get all access passes, including the days before the event. We are pretty excited to say the least.
That’s awesome! I’ve always wanted to go to SEMA just to walk the halls and see all the awesome cars. One of my neighbors who is Corvette junkie goes every year as well. He has some connection with a shop that has displays there but he just goes as a spectator.
Have fun and take lots of pictures. Oh, and wear very comfortable shoes, cause you’ll walk 12 or more miles trying to see everything.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Enjoy! Baer got me in starting the days before the show when things are getting setup. That was a long time ago but I'm sure those days will be just as interesting now.

Don't recall the year but could figure it out. I know I spoke with Smokey Yunic and remember he died the following year. ☹

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks!

My 28 y/o son and I will get all access passes, including the days before the event. For the rest of the time there we are free to do what we want. We are pretty excited to say the least.
Appropriate. That car will forever be a 6G legend.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
What a fantastic opportunity, congratulations!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone! I don’t think the magnitude of the whole thing has sunken in yet.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
WAY KEWEL, Jaime and what an interesting chain of events. I KNOW you two will have the time of your lives and don't forget the camera phone. <grin> We'll be living vicariously through you.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WAY KEWEL, Jaime and what an interesting chain of events. I KNOW you two will have the time of your lives and don't forget the camera phone. <grin> We'll be living vicariously through you.
Thanks my friend, and message received, will do.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks!

I love your car, been admiring this thread for a while! Congrats on the SEMA invite, that’s really cool!