Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I do like how the FP tune performs in my eco but if I had realized I could not go back to stock tune at will like the 15-17 eco FP tune allows I would not have bought it, I did not realize it till after tune was installed. I have a buddy with a 17 and liked how his runs with the FP tune but he can go back to stock tune, its only 18+ that cannot.

BD
Why are you interested in running the stock engine mapping?
Sponsored

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang, 00 Mercury Cougar, 98 F250
Oh that sucks! Thank you all for the heads up.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
Sounds like I'll be visiting the tuner, or an OTS from Cobb.
Use Ryan Martin lol. He'll get you done right. Combine that with an intercooler (CVF Race or Street is fine), upgrade the filter if you want, and you should be good. BOV if you want it to sound nicer. Catback if you don't have the active exhaust.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Why are you interested in running the stock engine mapping?
I am not interested in running the stock tune but to marry a Cobb to my eco it has to be on a stock "As Built" calibration or the Cobb will not connect properly with the FP tune and likely will brick the PCM.

I am staying on the FP tune till my 3/36 warranty runs out in Dec. Then will either use the Cobb I have to tune it after I call HP tuners to see if their MPVI3 will play nice with the FP tune or not.

BD

Sponsored

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use Ryan Martin lol. He'll get you done right. Combine that with an intercooler (CVF Race or Street is fine), upgrade the filter if you want, and you should be good. BOV if you want it to sound nicer. Catback if you don't have the active exhaust.
I may do the Borla -S for the car next year they seem to be the only ones that have a system that works with active exhaust. I'm looking into ordering hte CVF Street intercooler now, and probably a Roush CAI. I was also looking at GFBs diverter/blowoff combo. You get the sound of a blowoff with the bennies of the diverter.

If I use Ryan to tune the car I'm assuming I need a Cobb tuner kit right? Or does he sell his own? Do you have a link?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I may do the Borla -S for the car next year they seem to be the only ones that have a system that works with active exhaust. I'm looking into ordering hte CVF Street intercooler now, and probably a Roush CAI. I was also looking at GFBs diverter/blowoff combo. You get the sound of a blowoff with the bennies of the diverter.

If I use Ryan to tune the car I'm assuming I need a Cobb tuner kit right? Or does he sell his own? Do you have a link?
If your car is an 18+ model to install the GFB kit you may need to buy a BPV for a 15-17 model year eco. The 18+ BPV cannot be disassembled to install the GFB kit. You can tell if the GFB kit will work by the o ring color in the BPV that seals to the charge pipe connection. Yellow o ring is good and will work, orange o ring is bad and will not work. Remove the 3 screws on BPV to inspect o ring color.

BD

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your car is an 18+ model to install the GFB kit you may need to buy a BPV for a 15-17 model year eco. The 18+ BPV cannot be disassembled to install the GFB kit. You can tell if the GFB kit will work by the o ring color in the BPV that seals to the charge pipe connection. Yellow o ring is good and will work, orange o ring is bad and will not work. Remove the 3 screws on BPV to inspect o ring color.

BD
That's really good information I had no idea. That also makes things more expensive... But what isn't these days. I'll have to look at that over the weekend and see what is what. Thanks!

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So there's no difference in functionality, this just makes it so you can take it a part and install the GFB kit correct?
Correct! The orange o ring valve is not capable of being taken apart to install kit, it's still same solenoid controlled by PCM.

BD