Sponsored

Gas stops filling up prematurely almost everytime

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Guys,

I can't seem to figure out this "Easy Capless Fuel Filler" thing, is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with the pump prematurely stopping from filling, when the tank is not even full?

I tried several different positions, and it always takes me a few times to get it right. :shrug: (no pun intended)

What's the proper, step by step way to do this to make sure it works right everytime, the first try?
Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I have issues with certain pump types on our '13 Fusion with the "easy" system. I haven't been able to solve them. Other pumps are flawless. Makes me hate the "easy" design, nothing sillier than having to nanny the pump on a brand new car.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
its happen on 05' Mustang, what i did was turn the gas nozzle upside down, opposite of what normal position when you pump.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Oh gawd not this again :/

Next up: corroded edges on the hood

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
As with any car filling up will cause bubbles to go up fill spout... try allowing down before the nozzle pops. Usually can hear it.... I have to do that with my truck... if you are not careful a overfill and spillage will result... varies from station to station and different pumps at the same station

Sponsored

OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh gawd not this again :/

Next up: corroded edges on the hood
If you don't have something useful to contribute, then don't even bother posting. I'm obviously not the only one having this issue...

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
If you don't have something useful to contribute, then don't even bother posting. I'm obviously not the only one having this issue...

Calm down. He was just being reminded of the crap we had to go through 10 years ago. The first batch of 2005 Mustangs had to get the fuel tanks replaced cause of the same issue.
By the way this has nothing to do with cap-less easy fuel system. And as stated in this thread, it does help to hold the nozzle upside down.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Question on the easy fill.... when people mow lawns or any debris ... does it get over the capless area... hate the idea of contamination

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Question on the easy fill.... when people mow lawns or any debris ... does it get over the capless area... hate the idea of contamination

The way my 11 sealed, it didn't fall in. Little dusty in there. That's it. I actually open and clean it when I wash the car.

Sponsored

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Calm down. He was just being reminded of the crap we had to go through 10 years ago. The first batch of 2005 Mustangs had to get the fuel tanks replaced cause of the same issue.
By the way this has nothing to do with cap-less easy fuel system. And as stated in this thread, it does help to hold the nozzle upside down.

I was one of these people, had the tank replaced in my 05 GT, and it only helped a little, didn't happen as often but never went away, it had the problem the whole 10 years I had it, I just got use to dealing with it. I was sure they would of fixed that issue by now. The wife's 2013 has not had any issues.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
There are multiple "doors" on the easyfill (this is why they provide the special funnel when you need to use a gas can. The outer one and one more a couple inches down in the filler neck. The springs are pretty stout, so unless someone manually holds the first one open, nothing will get in the filler tube.

That said, I have no issues if I stand at the pump and manually hold it in the filler tube. This is the same thing that happens on my C7 with the same style filler tube. The pumps in CA with the nozzle covers suck.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
There are multiple "doors" on the easyfill (this is why they provide the special funnel when you need to use a gas can. The outer one and one more a couple inches down in the filler neck. The springs are pretty stout, so unless someone manually holds the first one open, nothing will get in the filler tube.

That said, I have no issues if I stand at the pump and manually hold it in the filler tube. This is the same thing that happens on my C7 with the same style filler tube. The pumps in CA with the nozzle covers suck.
Ah the infamous vapor recovery system....lol.... ive always worried about what is over the caps though... I know it's the job of the fuel filter but contaminants in the tank...

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Nope, only if you leave the lid open.
You park your stang in your yard? YOU might be a redneck! :p:lol:

Lol... nope garage for me lol.. it's the construction crap and winter funk I am concerned .... lid on the door must have a seal around it (body lid)

tribaltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 STi
its happen on 05' Mustang, what i did was turn the gas nozzle upside down, opposite of what normal position when you pump.
I used to have to do something similar on my 2005. Worked best when I held it at a 90 degree angle.
Sponsored