Rev Hang for Automatic 6R80

Wan Lin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wan Lin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 A6
Need the help of experts here, my 16 GT - stock tune (6R80) have been facing rev hang issue after replacing the stock filter, spark plugs, transmission oil and axle oil.

Problem now is the workshop that i have the above works done is 400km away from the place i am living.

Right now I am trying to seek for advice here to get a local workshop (not familiar with Mustang) to help me look into fixing the issue if i can get any insights from here, especially what to look for during the troubleshooting.

The rev hang issue faced is during in 1st or 2nd gear, when let go of throttle during deceleration or dropping a gear, the rev hangs there for a good 2-3s. Pretty annoying drive right now.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you tried cleaning the throttle body?

Usually a hanging idle or rev in between shifts could be caused by TB blade sticking.

OP
OP

Wan Lin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wan Lin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 A6
Have you tried cleaning the throttle body?

Usually a hanging idle or rev in between shifts could be caused by TB blade sticking.
Thanks, will definitely try that. Could MAF sensor or any breather line unplugged cause rev hang?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Get a tune. Thats one thing I noticed pretty bad on my 16 until it got a CJ mani.

OP
OP

Wan Lin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wan Lin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 A6
Get a tune. Thats one thing I noticed pretty bad on my 16 until it got a CJ mani.
Haven’t expereinced this rev hang issue (6R80 - let go of throttle during deceleration but rpm hangs for few seconds) driving for the past 2 years (stock tune), only start experiencing this issue after my last service of replacing stock air filter + spark plugs + transmission oil + axle oil + engine oil.

That’s why I’m thinking that it doesn’t have much to do with stock tune but some hardware issues causing the rev hang.
Sponsored