5.0 top end noise? Tisk/rattle/click

JesseGalaway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT manual
please excuse me if this topic has been covered elsewhere.

recently I’ve half noticed/half convinced myself my 2016 gt has been sounding and feeling strange. I did not drive the car for a week. The first day back, I did a normal 4th gear pull at highway speed jumping up to around 5500rpm and then let off and shifted to 6th. I heard a strange rattle outside of the car and took it to a dealership the next day. They told me they test drove it and it seemed fine. They said the rattle could have been my front license plate rattling in the wind (it’s held onto the lower grille by two zip ties because I will not drill holes in my bumper). I’m hesitant to believe this but I haven’t heard the rattle since.

Since then I’ve been scared to push it. It feels like the initial torque has decreased when I give it some gas. Then tonight I got home and opened the hood to listen to the idle and I heard a constant tisk coming from the drivers side top end. It sounds like a valve train noise almost like a Diesel engine. At this point I do not know if this is what it was like before. I’m questioning everything I know about the car haha. I will try to post a video.

anyone else have a noise like this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JesseGalaway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT manual

recently I’ve half noticed/half convinced myself my 2016 gt has been sounding and feeling strange. I did not drive the car for a week. The first day back, I did a normal 4th gear pull at highway speed jumping up to around 5500rpm and then let off and shifted to 6th. I heard a strange rattle outside of the car and took it to a dealership the next day. They told me they test drove it and it seemed fine. They said the rattle could have been my front license plate rattling in the wind (it’s held onto the lower grille by two zip ties because I will not drill holes in my bumper). I’m hesitant to believe this but I haven’t heard the rattle since.

Since then I’ve been scared to push it. It feels like the initial torque has decreased when I give it some gas. Then tonight I got home and opened the hood to listen to the idle and I heard a constant tisk coming from the drivers side top end. It sounds like a valve train noise almost like a Diesel engine. At this point I do not know if this is what it was like before. I’m questioning everything I know about the car haha. I will try to post a video.

https://youtube.com/shorts/8cVYbsi2dPU?feature=share

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Here ya go, very large thread but lots of info for awareness:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...iter-tick”-is-a-normal-characteristic.116925/
Sponsored