Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
One more thing I forgot to mention on the second day session.

For some reason the GT's in 3rd and 4th if you stomp the skinny pedal to the floor the throttle will go dead at 4,000 RPM. Now if you use constant increased pressure all the way to the floor it will not go dead pedal on you. Only one of the instructors mention this to my group but I do know it was happening to several people.

Tex
We have two GT350’s that had this issue during our day 1. Rolling on the throttle solved the issues as you noted.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
To achieve higher speeds on the banked oval, stay in third to 8K which is well over 100mph, then shift into fourth. I thought it was weird our leader was pulling away from us on the oval, this was a big reason.
Watching my videos I discovered I was shifting into fourth at about 80mph...I had way more to go.
Also saw that I was trail breaking into the corners...didn’t think I was. Your car absolutely handles the corners very well on the track....STAY OFF THE BREAKS IN THE CORNERS!
Kind of reminds me of watching game videos playing football way back when. Pull back and you can see your mistakes.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
To achieve higher speeds on the banked oval, stay in third to 8K which is well over 100mph, then shift into fourth. I thought it was weird our leader was pulling away from us on the oval, this was a big reason.
Watching my videos I discovered I was shifting into fourth at about 80mph...I had way more to go.
Also saw that I was trail breaking into the corners...didn’t think I was. Your car absolutely handles the corners very well on the track....STAY OFF THE BREAKS IN THE CORNERS!
Kind of reminds me of watching game videos playing football way back when. Pull back and you can see your mistakes.
It's weird you mention that about staying in 3rd on the oval. Our instructors were telling us to get into 4th around 80 (though it was raining)

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
It's weird you mention that about staying in 3rd on the oval. Our instructors were telling us to get into 4th around 80 (though it was raining)
For me the weather was beautiful. I don’t believe we were told to shift into fourth at 80, we were told to go into fourth on the bank, that came out in class.
This was a first track experience for me. Looking back I could have been a lot more aggressive like the guys in the faster groups. Then again maybe I would have crashed if I did ;-)
As first timers, you need to be comfortable.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Question guys. Just signed up for the July 15-16 session. I opted out of the liability insurance (they said I could call back later and add it if I wanted) bc they said the deductible was $7500 ??? So, I figured if I ran off the track and busted a wheel or tire then I was going to have to pay for that anyway out of pocket. But, of course, I don't plan on doing anything stupid, but things happen.
Anyway, was just wondering what other people decided on regarding the liability insurance when you either went to the track day or if you recently signed up?

Sponsored

flybipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I bought the insurance when I attended several weeks ago, and a quick poll of those in my class indicated most others did too.

No one in our class needed it, but several folks spun on day 2 - and a few came very close to spinning or hitting the wall.

When I bought the insurance, Amy at FPRS indicated that there have been recent incidents where it was needed.

Speaking to the instructors, it sounded like this was less of an issue in Utah where there was less to hit.

As an aside, I also upgraded to the Cup 2’s on the second day, and I was very glad I did.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Question guys. Just signed up for the July 15-16 session. I opted out of the liability insurance (they said I could call back later and add it if I wanted) bc they said the deductible was $7500 ??? So, I figured if I ran off the track and busted a wheel or tire then I was going to have to pay for that anyway out of pocket. But, of course, I don't plan on doing anything stupid, but things happen.
Anyway, was just wondering what other people decided on regarding the liability insurance when you either went to the track day or if you recently signed up?
It seems more drivers this year have had 'issues' than in the past for what I have seen on the forums. I did mine in July of '20 and did not get the insurance. I had experience drag racing in the past. However, It was my first time on a road course. I do remember being asked when I checked in about the insurance, so I think you can opt in the morning of your day/days. I did the 2 day and never had an issue with either car feeling like it was getting away from me. I had a few pucker moments, but that more on me than the car. My sessions were also lead/follow due to covid. However, myself and another guy were in the fastest group. The instructors do a great job of grouping students into experience levels.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The best thing to have mastered is the heel toe for down shifting. If you have that and understanding of the green apex cones you will be fine. I’m not a master of heel toe but use the outside of my foot to blip the throttle. Coming out of turn two doing 120 mph and getting hard on the brakes and bliping I found I need some real practice. You basically run the whole course in 3rd till you get to the high banks then you can get to 4th in the 350 and 5th in the GT. I hope this helps
that is the way most of us heel/toe

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It seems more drivers this year have had 'issues' than in the past for what I have seen on the forums. I did mine in July of '20 and did not get the insurance. I had experience drag racing in the past. However, It was my first time on a road course. I do remember being asked when I checked in about the insurance, so I think you can opt in the morning of your day/days. I did the 2 day and never had an issue with either car feeling like it was getting away from me. I had a few pucker moments, but that more on me than the car. My sessions were also lead/follow due to covid. However, myself and another guy were in the fastest group. The instructors do a great job of grouping students into experience levels.
We had someone in our class in March who had an "issue". It also was raining pretty good my time there, so very glad I had the insurance, as I almost needed it on a few occasions

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
We had someone in our class in March who had an "issue". It also was raining pretty good my time there, so very glad I had the insurance, as I almost needed it on a few occasions
I was there in March when the weather was perfect.
Someone in the fast group touched the wall as well. Weather isn’t the issue, pushing it is. Just sayin’.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I was there in March when the weather was perfect.
Someone in the fast group touched the wall as well. Weather isn’t the issue, pushing it is. Just sayin’.
Pouring rain definitely doesn't help. But you're right, stabbing that throttle coming out of turns and pushing too hard

Last edited:

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350

Wait what? They have open classes?

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Wait what? They have open classes?
Could be he signed up for 2 day class? I was told there was a few of them left.

I am on the waiting list for a 1 day class.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
GT500 I think. I too am on the call list
Well being the thread is titled GT350 Track Attack, I just assumed...
😆
Sponsored