Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Actually, that picture is interesting, as that would indicate there are 3 harnesses here. If each muffler has it's own then they must connect into one that joins those two at the body harness. Interesting that Ford would appear to have done that.
Sponsored

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Are the valves in the mufflers without activation open or closed? Thx

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Neither. Cars without active have a different muffler, there is no valve.
I think he's asking what the default state for the butterflies in the active muffler is, if it's not connected or controlled by the car. My mufflers all arrived with the butterflies open.

JR

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I think he's asking what the default state for the butterflies in the active muffler is, if it's not connected or controlled by the car. My mufflers all arrived with the butterflies open.

JR

Your right, I misread that.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I enabled the active exhaust by changing 1 line of code w/ Forscan. It works just like the factory option, but for less $$. I have a resonator delete, and it is very loud in track. I have the quit start programmed to always start in quiet, and then I can make it louder if I want.
After enabling the active function, does it automatically give you the Quiet mode option on the available settings? Or did you need to change additional codes?

supereri73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Convertible
If there was interest, I can figure out how much it cost me to build the harness & make some up for others. With this harness, and some vary basic Forscan knowledge, it is a bolt in - plug & play modification.
I would definitely be interested as well.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Are the solenoids just looking for 12V? I need to take some measurements on an 18 to see if the Roush has the same opening. I am good with just a switch in the passenger compartment.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
If there was interest, I can figure out how much it cost me to build the harness & make some up for others. With this harness, and some vary basic Forscan knowledge, it is a bolt in - plug & play modification.

I'd be interested in this too. My friend hasn't found the harness yet, I'll probably ping him on that again today to see if he has any more time to devote to finding it.

He did find the part number for the actuator pair, but there was no price for it so it might not be available yet/not at all?
JR3Z-5K245-B is the part for the actuator pair.

The mufflers, as have already been posted I think are:
JR3Z-5230-FA
JR3Z-5230-FB

Just need that harness. I also need to find myself some actuators, but that's another story.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are the solenoids just looking for 12V? I need to take some measurements on an 18 to see if the Roush has the same opening. I am good with just a switch in the passenger compartment.
They're PWM. You cannot just apply power without first modding the motors like I did. They will take 12v (though move REALLY fast) if you gut the electronics and direct wire to the motors. Only other option is add a pwm controller.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have the mufflers in my possession, I paid $188 ea. I did some investigating on my '18 GT. There is the connector shown in the pictures at the rear on the car, plugged into a blank to keep it clean.
The relay & fuse are also present in the relay center.
It looks like the only other thing I need is the harness that connects this 12 pin connector to the 2 4 pin connectors at the exhaust valves. Anyone know a way to figure out the part number from the diagram? It is labeled C3806, but I can't find anything using that. If I can't find it from Ford, or it is too expensive, I can make up the harness. I will do a full writeup on converting an '18 once I can get this harness.
My base 2018 GT doesn’t have this plug :(

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
They're PWM. You cannot just apply power without first modding the motors like I did. They will take 12v (though move REALLY fast) if you gut the electronics and direct wire to the motors. Only other option is add a pwm controller.
Are there different modes other than open or closed? PWM controllers are not difficult to do.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are there different modes other than open or closed? PWM controllers are not difficult to do.
Yes. They have feedback that tells it what position its at. Normal mode which is almost all the way closed, quiet mode (closed), sport (partially open), track (fully open).

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yes. They have feedback that tells it what position its at. Normal mode which is almost all the way closed, quiet mode (closed), sport (partially open), track (fully open).
O.k.

I need to figure out the physical measurements first and go from there.