Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Has it been figure out yet what is exactly different to make the PP2 handel better other than a lip, spoiler change and a wheel package?

Is it just a retuned Magride? or physically different parts? It sounds like just some stabilizer bars and a set of springs?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
******Still wrapped and with the travel dirt on her!

The dealer confirmed the front splitter comes separately and they install it. It states that on the orange sticker in the rear window as well. Though note the rear wing is wrong. Ford is checking to see if it also is supposed to be installed by the dealer because the window sticker clearly states it has the performance package level 2.

Though as I originally posted, anybody else received theirs yet, and if so, does the rear wing come installed???
Congrats!!! Can you post a picture of the window sticker? When did you order the car?

It does look like Ford put the wrong spoiler on the car.

Is this the premium or base? Did you get recaro seats?
Looks like a premium with Recaros to me. You can see the profile of the seats in the picture showing the rear of the car.

The million dollar question is how did this car get built and shipped in the middle of winter?

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Looks sick! I cant wait to order my 19' PP2 this March. Is it me or does the wheel gap look abnormally big?
Come on Ford! Great car...I'd love to have one, but why in the hell do they setup the suspension like this? Looks like a 4x4 with so much tire/fender gap. And as someone else posted, how were you able to order and receive so early? Congrats by the way! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
30 series tires are 1.5" shorter than the PP1's 40 series. So without lowering springs, it creates an additional 3/4" gap. Will be interesting to see if there are any clearance issues with the 305's up front once you lower it. Ford said it would be an 1" or so lower, but looks like it is mostly due to the tires.

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
30 series tires are 1.5" shorter than the PP1's 40 series. So without lowering springs, it creates an additional 3/4" gap. Will be interesting to see if there are any clearance issues with the 305's up front once you lower it. Ford said it would be an 1" or so lower, but looks like it is mostly due to the tires.

Exactly. So if you're going to put lower profile tires on your "best" non GT350 Mustang, lower it appropriately. :frusty:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Exactly. So if you're going to put lower profile tires on your "best" non GT350 Mustang, lower it appropriately. :frusty:
Devil's advocate: but then it'll scrape more and won't pass the streetability requirements needed for most production cars. People already complain about dragging the splitter of the 350R, so powering the cars more would make that worse.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Come on Ford! Great car...I'd love to have one, but why in the hell do they setup the suspension like this? Looks like a 4x4 with so much tire/fender gap. And as someone else posted, how were you able to order and receive so early? Congrats by the way! :thumbsup:
As mentioned, the tires are shorter. Also, "filling" the gap with lowering springs or taller tires could result in fender rubbing given the width of the PP2 wheels.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As someone with a picture of their car on a road course under their username, this is a curious opinion...

This is the model where performance is the main focus, looks far below.

It's already low with the front splitter installed, lowering the suspension would most likely do 2 things. 1. Cause the car to be unrealistically low causing drivability issues. 2. put the suspension in a compromised geometrical arrangement hindering actual performance.

Devil's advocate: but then it'll scrape more and won't pass the streetability requirements needed for most production cars. People already complain about dragging the splitter of the 350R, so powering the cars more would make that worse.
Yep, and not to mention geometrical and suspension travel issues.

As mentioned, the tires are shorter. Also, "filling" the gap with lowering springs or taller tires could result in fender rubbing given the width of the PP2 wheels.
All the car needs to have the "look" is more front camber, IMO.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If the spoiler is wrong and lip isn't there I wonder what else is not right on the car. Does it have the correct suspension bits?

Sponsored

STANG PP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 18 mustang
It could have cloth recaros which would have made it a base car.
Congrats!!! Can you post a picture of the window sticker? When did you order the car?

It does look like Ford put the wrong spoiler on the car.

Looks like a premium with Recaros to me. You can see the profile of the seats in the picture showing the rear of the car.

The million dollar question is how did this car get built and shipped in the middle of winter?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the spoiler is wrong and lip isn't there I wonder what else is not right on the car. Does it have the correct suspension bits?
Similar to the GT350s the front splitter is probably inside the car and needs to be installed as part of the PDI. I agree though, given the odd timing, I'd be checking that car with a magnifying glass to make sure it's the correct build.

It could have cloth recaros which would have made it a base car.
Yeah, that's possible. I was looking at the passenger side mirror and it seems to have the BLIS option which is available only on the premium.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Maybe this is just a test car or show car.
Doesn't explain why it was shipped out to s customer, or why the spoiler is wrong.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Not really digging the look of that fender gap in the PP2.
Sponsored