Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2016 Camaro - Track Times Compared w/Video

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Are you guys actually reading millhouse's posts? Obviously the coolers you add after the fact aren't going to be umbrella'd under your existing warranty. But adding a cooling device is in no way going to jeopardize the warranty of its parent part. Maybe if you puncture your cooler or install it half-assed and all of your fluid leaks out because of that and you toast your transmission, but that is literally the only way I could see it coming out against you.
Say there is a machining bit in your transmission right now. It's always been there.

You add a cooler to your trans, which involves drilling into the transmission. You do it perfectly and no machining bits enter the transmission.

The existing machining bit trashes your trans. Guess what? You're boned. They'll say you improperly added the cooler and that's why it's screwed up. There's no way to prove that they're wrong.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Right, coolers and lines aren't covered, but the transmission and rear end still are.
The transmission specifically is NOT covered.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Say there is a machining bit in your transmission right now. It's always been there.

You add a cooler to your trans, which involves drilling into the transmission. You do it perfectly and no machining bits enter the transmission.

The existing machining bit trashes your trans. Guess what? You're boned. They'll say you improperly added the cooler and that's why it's screwed up. There's no way to prove that they're wrong.
Which is why you pay for for the installation.

The transmission specifically is NOT covered.
Except...it is covered. The warranty doesn't magically evaporate.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Lol for a forum not worried about the Mustang they sure can’t stop talking about it even on instagram :lol:

Probably creamed when Randy liked the comment.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Lol for a forum not worried about the Mustang they sure can’t stop talking about it even on instagram :lol:

Probably creamed when Randy liked the comment.
It's crazy. There just isn't that much chatter about the Camaro around here. Really it's almost rare to even see someone bash anything other than its looks. But over there some of them legitimately think it's a supercar and that it "blows away" the Mustang every time they're compared. The term to accurately describe these Camaro wins is "edged out." There really isn't that big of a margin of victory, and it's certainly not enough to be ashamed of. I don't know anyone with a faster car than mine. I only even know one person with an SS and he doesn't even know his exact horsepower number or the 0-60, etc. He doesn't care. It's fun and it's his. And everyone who rides with me has a blast, whether they're a Ford guy or not. These cars are MONSTERS among the average enthusiast. They don't have to be the biggest monster to be a monster.

And they keep blaming the sales numbers on rental fleet as if it's not relevant, which is also stupid. Rental companies don't force makes and models on people. Customers want to rent a Mustang, so rental companies buy mustangs. It's common sense.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act dictates that the burden of proof lies solely on the dealer/manufacturer. It’s not a two way street, although being able to show that Ford recommends coolers for heavy duty use…and has OEM mustangs that come from the factory with coolers really makes this a no brainer.
It most definitely is a two way street, because the defense will be putting your claim in doubt and they can litigate almost indefinitely. If anyone's spent even the least amount of time following cases for say, the last two or three decades, they can observe that there are rarely any cases anymore that are "slam dunk".

Call up any dealer nationwide and they tell you the same….none are going to deny coverage for properly installed transmission coolers.
"Call up dealers"? Seriously? lol

The minute you start trusting what dealers tell you, is the minute you've set yourself up for trouble.

Honestly, I’m not sure where the idea that any modifications somehow instantly void your warranty came from….but it’s getting a bit out of control.
No one is talking about "instant" anything, let's bring this discussion back home ...

What we're saying is that if you mod a car and then it breaks (no matter whether from the mod or not) the manufacturer has the ability to seriously, seriously mess with you.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
What I don’t understand is, is it really hard for Motortrend to put wider aftermarket wheels on the mustang with the same rubber on the camaro 1le and then do the comparison? I mean they have money and sponsors right? Why not try to equalize the most important thing? Also why not put the regular ss against the gtpp1? They all know gtpp2 is a better contender for the 1le. If the gtpp1 beats the regular ss and m4 times on streets of willow, are they going to praise it or call it a different day different track conditions so it doesn’t count?

This is like expecting Usain Bolt to beat the world record wearing flip flops!

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It's crazy. There just isn't that much chatter about the Camaro around here. Really it's almost rare to even see someone bash anything other than its looks. But over there some of them legitimately think it's a supercar and that it "blows away" the Mustang every time they're compared. The term to accurately describe these Camaro wins is "edged out." There really isn't that big of a margin of victory, and it's certainly not enough to be ashamed of. I don't know anyone with a faster car than mine. I only even know one person with an SS and he doesn't even know his exact horsepower number or the 0-60, etc. He doesn't care. It's fun and it's his. And everyone who rides with me has a blast, whether they're a Ford guy or not. These cars are MONSTERS among the average enthusiast. They don't have to be the biggest monster to be a monster.

And they keep blaming the sales numbers on rental fleet as if it's not relevant, which is also stupid. Rental companies don't force makes and models on people. Customers want to rent a Mustang, so rental companies buy mustangs. It's common sense.
:amen:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Except...it is covered. The warranty doesn't magically evaporate.
How could it evaporate when it never existed? Are you even reading what I post or just making incorrect assumptions?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
How could it evaporate when it never existed? Are you even reading what I post or just making incorrect assumptions?
Why don’t you go back and re-read your own posts and explain exactly where you mention that your car never had a warranty.

On the subject, please explain how your car doesn’t have a drivetrain warranty when every other new car manufactured does. Just curious.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Have to seriously laugh at this discussion.

One person claiming that the magazine's should modify the best available track-package Mustang GT (the PP1) withe better tires, that Ford chose not to use, to test against the Camaro.

Another comment is don't put the best available Mustang GT track package vs the similar priced 1LE. Put it against a lesser Camaro. Reason: There is a Mustang GT of the future (PP2) that would be better.

Then, all this discussion about what would or would not void the warranty. Did you forget the root of the problem/discussion? Ford did not put proper track coolers on its track-intended package. Camaro 1LE buyers have no such dilemma.

Ford chose not to put out a Mustang GT with proper tires and proper coolers for the track. It is as simple as that. Just as they choose not to put Brembo brakes in the back, making it a pain to change pads on track days, when even the lowest Camaro SS has them.

You can't justify this stuff, other than Mustang GT buyers allowing Ford to cheap out on them and still buying it. What do they call that? Battered women syndrome or something.
Sponsored