Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Sorry, just over £ 38000 on the road price.
No one buys a Base GT tho right? I’m surprised they even gave us those 3 options as they weren’t really worth it.

At least this time round there are a few other options to choose from. Still curious to see the pricing.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Anyone else noticed Ford UK build and price is unavailable at present ?

Is it too hopeful to think maybe they are updating it to show 2018 Mustang ??????

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Just had a call from a local dealer who said they’ve been notified today that there’s no pricing for the immediate future :-(

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Just had a call from a local dealer who said they’ve been notified today that there’s no pricing for the immediate future :-(
What does that mean? Until Christmas? Until all current models are sold? Until the S650?! :p

I guess things aren't as black and white with converting the $ to the £ as it may seem.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer phoned me last week and said they have no notifications of pricing and don't know when.I said i will only order when know how much its going to cost me.This is like the Brexit negotiations lol!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Called mine for you all just, nothing new, offered me a build slot of a my18, offered to take a deposit for it once pricing was out etc. But didn't have the official pricing to hand, or had seen/heard it (and I wasn't talking to the salesman, I stuck with the General Manager to ask this!).

Looks like we're all sitting on our hands!!! (No I'm not buying a my18)

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Couple of articles I found through google suggested that ;

"UK prices are expected be announced towards the end of the year"

seen in this article from Autocar

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-frankfurt-motor-show/2018-ford-mustang-revealed-comprehensive-updates

And the quote

"The revised European Mustang will go on sale during the second quarter of 2018 with prices to be revealed closer to its market launch."

Seen in article on Motor1 website

https://www.motor1.com/news/179788/2018-ford-mustsang-euro-spec/

Either way does not look like we should expect much info this side of |Christmas. :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wonder if the official order books will open on the same date as they did in 2015? I.e. mid Jan IIRC. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Only difference this time is the RHD production will already be underway, rather than waiting 8 months or so before builds start.

Of course, that wont stop the eager few from getting in early and ordering!

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
My order is accepted and I don’t know what I’ll be sticking with yet. I’ve changed it once already and suspect I’ll change it again when the pricing comes out. Completely nuts. It was supposed to be 11 October :-(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You make a good point [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] what if there's more at play than we realise:

1) being selling off using the 300 odd cars ford bought before announcing prices or making sure most are sold by then so they don't have to discount 'old stock' (and possibly mess up a used car market)
2) potentially producing right hookers/export BEFORE announcing order books etc so that they get a jump start on production leads etc. For instance, orders are already coming in for certain specs, making these, but not announcing pricing, and then announcing and delivering within a month or so to 'look better' (than their current absurd wait times lol)
3) the most likely... ford suck at making cars :lol:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I wonder if the official order books will open on the same date as they did in 2015? I.e. mid Jan IIRC. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Only difference this time is the RHD production will already be underway, rather than waiting 8 months or so before builds start.

Of course, that wont stop the eager few from getting in early and ordering!
If I remember correctly the official order book didn't open until May 15, but the dealers were taking orders for some months prior to that (which then got stuck in a drawer and either processed at the appropriate time or forgotten about, depending on your dealer's level of competence). Pricing was released in Jan 15.

By the looks of it there won't be any cars delivered until at least March 2018, so yet again we'll be the best part of a year behind the US, giving the model year run effectively only 2 years in the UK before all talk is of the S650.

One of the big issues last time was lack of communication and it seems nothing has changed. Still no exact spec, still no options list, still no price. I guess they're trying to shift the last of the MY17's first.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
If I remember correctly the official order book didn't open until May 15, but the dealers were taking orders for some months prior to that (which then got stuck in a drawer and either processed at the appropriate time or forgotten about, depending on your dealer's level of competence). Pricing was released in Jan 15.

By the looks of it there won't be any cars delivered until at least March 2018, so yet again we'll be the best part of a year behind the US, giving the model year run effectively only 2 years in the UK before all talk is of the S650.

One of the big issues last time was lack of communication and it seems nothing has changed. Still no exact spec, still no options list, still no price. I guess they're trying to shift the last of the MY17's first.
I've read that some of the RHD builds (i.e. your March date) are so they can get them in dealers early to ensure there is a product (and again, something new, not the current car) to show people. So in reality, will customer cars already exist since there is a small - but larger than 15/17 cars - options list to worry about?

Ford should have learnt a fair bit about selling the Mustang to ensure a slightly easier transition, but I say "should" because they couldn't sell the Focus RS properly so I expect no changes in the real world.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I've read that some of the RHD builds (i.e. your March date) are so they can get them in dealers early to ensure there is a product (and again, something new, not the current car) to show people. So in reality, will customer cars already exist since there is a small - but larger than 15/17 cars - options list to worry about?

Ford should have learnt a fair bit about selling the Mustang to ensure a slightly easier transition, but I say "should" because they couldn't sell the Focus RS properly so I expect no changes in the real world.

My Ford dealer told me the score, I suggest you ring your dealer and see if they will divulge but I've being asked to keep it to myself, which is fair enough.

As to March/April delivery, if your order was done a few weeks ago it should be and the first cars Ford build for export RHD will be hero spec, which is essentially orange fury, coupe V8, A10, Mag ride and Recaro. Mine is hero spec with one alteration, black roof though the roof should not pose an issue.

I am not too fussed, March, April, May all fine, nice weather, just want it before May ideally so its run in for the Germany Autobahn trip. :D
Sponsored